Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 9:29 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Not knowing what to talk about
Not knowing what to talk about
Has it ever occured to you, that you wanted to discuss something, but had no idea about what? Huh
"By simple common sense I don't believe in God, in none"

Charlie Chaplin
RE: Not knowing what to talk about
No Smile
The meek shall inherit the Earth, the rest of us will fly to the stars.

Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large groups

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in mud ..... after a while you realise that the pig likes it!

I'm not for small talk.
"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself — and you are the easiest person to fool." - Richard P. Feynman
I don't have that problem.  It seems to me, though, that if you want to discuss something and you have no idea what to discuss, you could always discuss not knowing what it is you want to discuss.

Sort of like what is happening now.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
So...uh, how's the weather out there? Looks like we might get a little rain.

Yep...it surely does. Yep.
I like to do small talk but with an intense edge to it to make it more interesting.

How are you today? Seriously, are you Ok?

The weather's nice today, if you were going to be killed by weather how would you most like to die?

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

And I was hoping this was going to be about Kamikaze's penchant for helmets. Damn.
I believe in life before death.
(February 25, 2018 at 6:25 am)Die Atheistin Wrote: Has it ever occured to you, that you wanted to discuss something, but had no idea about what? Huh

I find that when that happens the best thing to do is stab a random stranger. At least that way you've achieved something.
Dying to live, living to die.
(February 25, 2018 at 6:25 am)Die Atheistin Wrote: Has it ever occured to you, that you wanted to discuss something, but had no idea about what? Huh

That reminds me. There was something I wanted to tell you.
(February 25, 2018 at 6:32 am)Sal Wrote: I'm not for small talk.

Why not?

(February 25, 2018 at 1:00 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote:
(February 25, 2018 at 6:25 am)Die Atheistin Wrote: Has it ever occured to you, that you wanted to discuss something, but had no idea about what? Huh

I find that when that happens the best thing to do is stab a random stranger.  At least that way you've achieved something.

And if you can get them to lie down a gurney first you can bill them for surgery and make a clean get away.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The queen doesn't half talk some shit Cod 11 2060 December 26, 2018 at 9:28 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  somebody, Please Talk Sense into My Stupid Head. I Think I'm Getting Ready to Fuck Up Rhondazvous 30 2239 September 13, 2018 at 5:41 pm
Last Post: Rhondazvous
  Making small talk more interesting Bahana 33 2874 April 9, 2018 at 1:16 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Let's talk about life. Edwardo Piet 51 3925 November 17, 2017 at 4:38 am
Last Post: Martian Mermaid
  Lets talk about your pants brewer 65 6427 November 3, 2017 at 7:06 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  International Talk Like a Pirate Day Jehanne 14 1747 October 10, 2017 at 8:50 am
Last Post: Jehanne
  Hey. Anybody wants to Skype and talk mindlessly about something? ErGingerbreadMandude 69 11786 February 24, 2017 at 9:49 am
Last Post: Joods
  Let's talk about the 'tyranny of happiness' Longhorn 28 3201 January 30, 2017 at 9:23 pm
Last Post: johan
  Let's not talk about election Sterben 21 2145 November 11, 2016 at 10:34 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  I want to talk about keeping positive EruptedCarcassBloat 9 1564 October 18, 2016 at 12:59 pm
Last Post: Kernel Sohcahtoa