Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 23, 2024, 2:48 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Signs you're a fundamentalist Christian
RE: Signs you're a fundamentalist Christian
(June 3, 2011 at 1:24 am)Godschild Wrote: Yes you are right that man's action brought us the constitution, God however called certain men to be a part of this process and their christian beliefs were influential in the final document. God's will can not be determined by man because no man can influence God. God being omniscient does not need the limited sight of man to decided what He should do. That would be like a dog trying to teach it's owner how to teach the dog tricks when the dog has no idea what is going on in the first place.
Your analogy proves my point as the owner then becomes dependent upon the dog to complete the task. No matter how well you teach a dog to do something, you are then relying on the dog to do what you have taught it, just as God would have had to rely on humans.

Godschild Wrote:Before you ask how these men knew God had called them to this task they probably did not, I can not be sure of that though since I was not there, God prepared these men for this role in their lives and this could have started with their parents or others in their lives.
How do you claim to know that God prepared these men for anything? How do you know that God wasn't absent and everything that happened was because of the will of these men? You say that God had nothing to do with the genocide to colonize this country, because it was the will of men. Then you say that the men were prepared by God in creating the constitution. Once again, you are giving responsibility of the good to God, while dismissing the bad as the will of men. Why is it that you believe that humans are capable of committing such acts of violence on their own, yet anything good must have been guided by God?

Godschild Wrote:The reason I say this, because this is the way God has worked in my life and the lives of many christians that I personally know.
That is not the way your life has worked, that is just the way you have perceived your life to work. Everyone is going to have experiences in their life that seem to be guided by fate, or God if you will, but this is just circumstance. We humans perceive structure in randomness, because it is our nature to organize the chaos, and to try and put meaning behind things that are random occurrences.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell

Messages In This Thread
RE: Signs you're a fundamentalist Christian - by RAD - May 29, 2011 at 9:38 pm
RE: Signs you're a fundamentalist Christian - by RAD - May 30, 2011 at 11:40 am
RE: Signs you're a fundamentalist Christian - by RAD - May 30, 2011 at 12:44 pm
RE: Signs you're a fundamentalist Christian - by RAD - May 31, 2011 at 12:02 am
RE: Signs you're a fundamentalist Christian - by Cinjin - May 30, 2011 at 10:59 pm
RE: Signs you're a fundamentalist Christian - by Cinjin - May 31, 2011 at 12:21 am
RE: Signs you're a fundamentalist Christian - by Faith No More - June 3, 2011 at 7:47 am
RE: Signs you're a fundamentalist Christian - by fr0d0 - May 31, 2011 at 7:18 pm
RE: Signs you're a fundamentalist Christian - by RAD - May 31, 2011 at 9:09 pm
RE: Signs you're a fundamentalist Christian - by fr0d0 - June 1, 2011 at 4:21 am
RE: Signs you're a fundamentalist Christian - by Violet - June 1, 2011 at 10:40 pm
RE: Signs you're a fundamentalist Christian - by Darth - June 4, 2011 at 10:32 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Confessions of a former Christian fundamentalist. Jehanne 56 14843 December 27, 2015 at 6:09 pm
Last Post: Delicate
Video Zodiac Signs and Horoscopes Mental Outlaw 11 1976 October 8, 2015 at 6:12 am
Last Post: robvalue
  The Very Model of a Modern Fundamentalist TheRocketSurgeon 12 3930 September 11, 2015 at 1:25 pm
Last Post: kramazeek
  Today, I disowned my fundamentalist christian uncle. bluemonday 24 6713 March 1, 2014 at 5:06 pm
Last Post: My imaginary friend is GOD
  Fundamentalist Mormon child labor (CNN report) Doubting_Thomas 1 1523 December 8, 2012 at 1:27 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Fundamentalist Pastor Takes to YouTube to Fault Women for All Social Ills Ziploc Surprise 9 5477 May 13, 2012 at 4:26 pm
Last Post: orogenicman
  Writers: if you're not Judeo-Christian, chances are you suck. thesummerqueen 52 20964 February 15, 2012 at 11:15 am
Last Post: LarissaAnn
  Church signs everythingafter 21 5538 September 1, 2010 at 2:15 pm
Last Post: lrh9
  Ordinary vs fundamentalist Christian Darwinian 37 11586 September 10, 2009 at 9:19 pm
Last Post: Violet