Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 31, 2024, 10:24 am

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Scientific evidence of God by an atheist (Where mankind is one likely type of God)
RE: Scientific evidence of God by an atheist (Where mankind is one likely type of God)
(November 7, 2016 at 7:49 am)mh.brewer Wrote:
(November 6, 2016 at 10:49 pm)ProgrammingGodJordan Wrote: Separately, here are 20 God definitions, via international dictionaries:

1.[wikipedia] 
In theism, God is the creator and sustainer of the universe.

2.[merriam-webster]

The perfect and all-powerful spirit or being that is worshiped especially by Christians, Jews, and Muslims as the one who created and rules the universe

3.[dictionary]
The one Supreme Being, the creator and ruler of the universe.

4.[oxford-dictionaries]
(in Christianity and other monotheistic religions) the creator and ruler of the universe and source of all moral authority; the supreme being.

5.[the freedictionary]
A being conceived as the perfect, omnipotent, omniscient originator and ruler of the universe, the principal object of faith and worship in monotheistic religions.

6.[learner's dictionary]
The perfect and all-powerful spirit or being that is worshiped especially by Christians, Jews, and Muslims as the one who created and rules the universe.

7.[yourdictionary]
The definition of a god is an image, person or thing that is worshiped, honored or believed to be all-powerful or the creator and ruler of the universe.

8.[webster-dictionary]
The Supreme Being; the eternal and infinite Spirit, the Creator, and the Sovereign of the universe; Jehovah.

9.[colliins-dictionary]
Theology the sole Supreme Being, eternal, spiritual, and transcendent, who is the Creator and ruler of all and is infinite in all attributes; the object of worship in monotheistic religions

10.[assemblyoftrueisrael]
Yahweh, the Almighty Creator.

11.[biblestudytools]
Bible gives is God as Creator of the heavens and earth (Gen:1:1). The phrase "heavens and earth" is a merismus, which means that everything in the universe as we know it was created by God.

12.[god-defined]
GOD creator of all. 

13.[brainy-quote]
The Supreme Being; the eternal and infinite Spirit, the Creator, and the Sovereign of the universe; Jehovah.

14.[whoisgod]
God is the creatorof mankind and He loves you.

15.[catholic]
God is the Creator of the world -- the producer of its whole substance...

16.[islam-101]
God is the creator of the universe. 

17.[jewfaq]
God created the universe

18.[whojesusis]
Jesus is God...and the Word was with God and the Word was God (John 1:1 ESV). He created the world and all that is in it 

19.[bible ca]
Unchangeable Qualities of God: Creator, not creature.

20.[theopedia]
God is the triune Supreme Being, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit; the sovereign Creator and Ruler of the universe, the principal Object of the Christian faith.

I have not any opinion.
Rather, I stipulate scientifically observed/observable statistics.

[*A*]
I have not any opinion/faith/belief.
Simply, your commentary
contains inaccurate blather.

[*B*]
I am of christian descent
However, one need merely disable emotional bias, such that one observes that religion is nonsense.

Thereafter, I had doffed my religious bound 4 years prior [2012], thusly synonymously, I had encountered logic (atheism).

Post Scriptum: I am of course, atheistic.

Only half answered, and still can't drop the text manipulation. 

You are a petulant child. I'd suggest that you grow up but I doubt that you have the ability.

Where have I failed to fulfill your silly question?
NOTE: A portion of said silly question's predicted requirements, persists atop the original post.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Scientific evidence of God by an atheist - by Minimalist - November 3, 2016 at 11:02 pm
RE: Scientific evidence of God by an atheist (Where mankind is one likely type of God) - by ProgrammingGodJordan - November 7, 2016 at 7:50 am
He is cray - by Edwardo Piet - November 7, 2016 at 8:11 am
why - by ohreally - November 10, 2016 at 1:56 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Proof and evidence will always equal Science zwanzig 103 7261 December 17, 2021 at 5:31 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Young more likely to pray than over-55s - survey zebo-the-fat 16 1613 September 28, 2021 at 5:44 am
Last Post: GUBU
  Is God weaker than theists imagine, and is mankind stronger? invalid 6 2394 March 5, 2021 at 6:38 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Are miracles evidence of the existence of God? ido 74 4540 July 24, 2020 at 12:59 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Muslim students less likely to be awarded top class degrees. Succubus#2 28 2477 March 22, 2020 at 6:02 am
Last Post: Belacqua
  Religious fundamentalists more likely to believe fake news OakTree500 30 3897 November 10, 2018 at 4:32 pm
Last Post: no one
  If theists understood "evidence" Foxaèr 135 14008 October 10, 2018 at 10:50 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Moses parting the sea evidence or just made up Smain 12 2965 June 28, 2018 at 1:38 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Are introverts less likely to like organised religion? Der/die AtheistIn 8 1406 March 22, 2018 at 11:13 pm
Last Post: GODZILLA
  Can religion be a type of Stockholm syndrome? ignoramus 5 2784 June 10, 2017 at 9:54 am
Last Post: Cyberman