Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: October 2, 2026, 8:35 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
I am about to ask a serious but utterly reprehensible question
#18
RE: I am about to ask a serious but utterly reprehensible question
I think it's a valid question.
I was raised Protestant Fundamentalist.  My parents believed in beating the devil out of the child.  This was literal and biblical.  My body is covered with the scars my Mother gave me.
There are many, many examples of criminals trying to use the Bible in court to excuse rape and pedophilia.  Here is just one recent example: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/acts...0b1e793c38
I also happen to be a lesbian.  When trying to explain my orientation to my Mother (before I was disowned) - She said, "You need to come back in the church, find a boy that you can stand to be around, and become a normal Christian woman."  I replied, "And that would mean a life of nightly rape."  Her response:  "You get used to it, you stupid girl!".
They don't care what happens to anyone, as long as they toe the party line in public. They don't care about anyone who isn't in their church. They are evil sinners who are going to burn forever.
"The family that prays together...is brainwashing their children."- Albert Einstein
Reply



Messages In This Thread
RE: I am about to ask a serious but utterly reprehensible question - by drfuzzy - January 30, 2017 at 3:00 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hello Atheists, Agnostic here, and I would love to ask you a question about NDEs Vaino-Eesti 33 11218 April 8, 2017 at 12:28 am
Last Post: Tokikot
  A serious question for theists dyresand 35 11570 November 12, 2016 at 7:06 pm
Last Post: Funky_Gibbon
  Ethics question for theists - serious - looking for opinions not argument. drfuzzy 36 10536 September 27, 2016 at 1:39 pm
Last Post: drfuzzy
  Ask a Roman Catholic! TrueChristian 50 18544 January 25, 2016 at 11:05 am
Last Post: Faith No More
  Theists ask me a question dyresand 34 14989 January 5, 2016 at 1:14 am
Last Post: God of Mr. Hanky
  Ask a Catholic Randy Carson 936 348909 September 2, 2015 at 12:27 pm
Last Post: dyresand
  Serious moral question for theist. dyresand 30 13546 September 1, 2015 at 10:13 am
Last Post: Crossless2.0
  Ask an ex-Catholic Aroura 80 26788 August 29, 2015 at 9:12 am
Last Post: Randy Carson
  [extremely serious]The Truth Behind Christianity. Stephanie113 5 3427 August 19, 2015 at 3:58 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Ask a Traditional Catholic PiousPaladin 386 155797 August 13, 2015 at 11:58 pm
Last Post: vorlon13



Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)