Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 9:46 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Serious moral question for theist.
Serious moral question for theist.
You are sent back in time to prevent the crucifixion of jesus. After you do that every single human being is held accountable for their own actions.
That being said every person believer or non believer has a equal chance of getting into heaven by being a good person. Would you save jesus or let him 
die and be selfish and put your own wrong doings onto said being? 

Why or why not i am not looking for bible passages be creative.
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
RE: Serious moral question for theist.
(August 28, 2015 at 12:35 pm)dyresand Wrote: You are sent back in time to prevent the crucifixion of jesus. After you do that every single human being is held accountable for their own actions.
That being said every person believer or non believer has a equal chance of getting into heaven by being a good person. Would you save jesus or let him 

You're not looking for Bible verses because you can't understand them, just as you can't understand what Christ actually did. You can't even understand that what you purpose is impossible and a waste of time even thinking about it.

GC
God loves those who believe and those who do not and the same goes for me, you have no choice in this matter. That puts the matter of total free will to rest.
(August 28, 2015 at 4:20 pm)Godschild Wrote:
(August 28, 2015 at 12:35 pm)dyresand Wrote: You are sent back in time to prevent the crucifixion of jesus. After you do that every single human being is held accountable for their own actions.

You're not looking for Bible verses because you can't understand them, just as you can't understand what Christ actually did. You can't even understand that what you purpose is impossible and a waste of time even thinking about it.

GC

Just because dyresand isn't fluent in Moron doesn't mean he can't understand Bible verses. He's actually inviting people to be creative -- to think -- about an answer rather than regurgitate Bible verse talking points. I realize that's an alien concept to you. As for your second sentence, if you had a shred of irony in your makeup, your head would explode at having written that. You really are clueless about how completely full of shit you are. It's amazing to behold.
(August 28, 2015 at 4:31 pm)Crossless1 Wrote:
(August 28, 2015 at 4:20 pm)Godschild Wrote:  You're not looking for Bible verses because you can't understand them, just as you can't understand what Christ actually did. You can't even understand that what you purpose is impossible and a waste of time even thinking about it.

GC

Just because dyresand isn't fluent in Moron doesn't mean he can't understand Bible verses. He's actually inviting people to be creative -- to think -- about an answer rather than regurgitate Bible verse talking points. I realize that's an alien concept to you. As for your second sentence, if you had a shred of irony in your makeup, your head would explode at having written that. You really are clueless about how completely full of shit you are. It's amazing to behold.

Thank you and GC i know the bible verses i was saying be creative and not bring it up. I was giving you a question but seeing how it is ill just mark that off as a no.

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
Fuck it. OFF WITH HIS HEAD Angry

In this scenario, if the crucifixion is prevented, will every human being henceforth know to a moral certainty that the litmus test for heaven or hell comes down to actions and goodness/evil rather than beliefs? Or will people carry on as before, with a mixed bag of beliefs about such matters?
(August 28, 2015 at 5:04 pm)Neimenovic Wrote: Fuck it. OFF WITH HIS HEAD Angry

Ok, that's one vote for Christianity.
(August 28, 2015 at 5:11 pm)Crossless1 Wrote:
(August 28, 2015 at 5:04 pm)Neimenovic Wrote: Fuck it. OFF WITH HIS HEAD Angry

Ok, that's one vote for Christianity.

....I didn't think this through, did I ._.

I just like saying that :c
(August 28, 2015 at 5:10 pm)Crossless1 Wrote:

In this scenario, if the crucifixion is prevented, will every human being henceforth know to a moral certainty that the litmus test for heaven or hell comes down to actions and goodness/evil rather than beliefs? Or will people carry on as before, with a mixed bag of beliefs about such matters?

It's simple be good for goodness sake or burn. 

** this also means stuff considered good by the bible the bad stuff that no one follows anymore is immoral. 
like stoning your kids that part is very bad.

Code:
(August 28, 2015 at 5:23 pm)dyresand Wrote:
(August 28, 2015 at 5:10 pm)Crossless1 Wrote: In this scenario, if the crucifixion is prevented, will every human being henceforth know to a moral certainty that the litmus test for heaven or hell comes down to actions and goodness/evil rather than beliefs? Or will people carry on as before, with a mixed bag of beliefs about such matters?

It's simple be good for goodness sake or burn. 

** this also means stuff considered good by the bible the bad stuff that no one follows anymore is immoral. 
like stoning your kids that part is very bad.

I go with save the Rabbi and let justice prevail.

Of course.

*Cue some Christian "reminding" us that true justice should result in damnation for all because God can't forgive without the blood sacrifice theatrics in 3 . . . 2 . . . 1 . . .*

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Moral Law LinuxGal 7 524 November 8, 2023 at 8:15 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  In UK atheists considred more moral than theists. downbeatplumb 254 28824 September 20, 2018 at 5:08 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  I am about to ask a serious but utterly reprehensible question Astonished 105 19644 March 23, 2017 at 10:23 am
Last Post: Harry Nevis
  Theist ➤ Why ☠ Atheism is Evil Compared to ✠ Christianity The Joker 177 26304 December 3, 2016 at 11:24 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  A serious question for theists dyresand 35 4832 November 12, 2016 at 7:06 pm
Last Post: Funky_Gibbon
  Ethics question for theists - serious - looking for opinions not argument. drfuzzy 36 4750 September 27, 2016 at 1:39 pm
Last Post: drfuzzy
  A theist dilemma ApeNotKillApe 34 8528 November 27, 2015 at 12:20 pm
Last Post: Drich
  Why is Faith/Belief a Moral Issue? Rhondazvous 120 25070 August 21, 2015 at 11:14 am
Last Post: Rhondazvous
  [extremely serious]The Truth Behind Christianity. Stephanie113 5 2202 August 19, 2015 at 3:58 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Recap - A moral question for theists dyresand 39 7188 July 15, 2015 at 4:14 pm
Last Post: Crossless2.0