Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 14, 2024, 1:33 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If "god" wants to talk to me... [new video]
RE: If "god" wants to talk to me... [new video]
Drich,

I deliberately avoided this for days because I figured your reply would be exhaustive and yet redundant,
and you didn't disappoint.

Once again, Drich, you assume, and assume, and assume.

You assume that I expected or hoped God would fit a certain expectation.

This couldn't be further from the truth.

You basically accuse anyone who hasn't come to the same conclusions you've come to,
MUST simply be guilty of not humbling themselves enough.

But again, you weren't there.  You are not god. You were not privy to what I said to God.

Do you believe that GOD and TRUTH are basically synonymous....that GOD is the TRUTH behind all things?

It is, logically, IMPOSSIBLE to serve the pursuit of TRUTH
(and therefore, the pursuit of GOD, assuming they are, in fact, one and the same)
as long as you are prepared to accept the teachings of a book that tells you what to BELIEVE,
....and tells you to believe it, unquestioningly.

The pursuit of the TRUTH
is incompatible with BLIND ACCEPTANCE of the bible.

Therefore the god of the bible has nothing to do with truth.

While it is fine to have a hypothesis,
one CANNOT serve the pursuit of the TRUTH,
with any degree of integrity,
unless one is prepared to jettison any and all BELIEFS.

Because BELIEF is not the same thing as TRUTH;
in fact, they are often opposites.

God gave me a brain, and I can only assume that He holds me responsible for using it to the best of my ability.

Having faith that God exists, is one thing.

Blind acceptance of a closed-minded book as being the Word of God, is quite another.

It is not something a God who is synonymous with TRUTH would expect me to do.

It sounds to me like it is you who have decided that God can only be what you conclude He must be,
based on the book of your choice,
and you reject whatever form other people, just as earnest as you, may have found God to be,
based on a different book of choice;

and so convinced of this, are you, that you fail to see the double-standard you're presenting me with:

You accuse me of failing to accept God however He might be;
yet you then turn around and say He is only what you believe Him to be,
and if I don't find Him in that form, then it is I who am either misguided,
or who failed to humble herself.

Such convoluted reasoning.

I don't object to your having faith that God exists.

I don't even particularly object to your cherishing a certain belief structure about what God is or what God wants;
(even if I think you're kidding yourself)

but what I really object to is the arrogance with which you tell others what they are thinking
(IE: telling me I had expectations of God's parameters or wishes...which I did not)
and the arrogance with which you tell others that their failure to find what you profess to have found
is due to their own lack of humility
(which, again, you do not know, you were not privy to what I said to God during my leap of faith).

Messages In This Thread
If "god" wants to talk to me... [new video] - by robvalue - February 2, 2017 at 5:55 am
RE: If "god" wants to talk to me... [new video] - by robvalue - February 2, 2017 at 12:54 pm
RE: If "god" wants to talk to me... [new video] - by Chad32 - February 2, 2017 at 1:08 pm
RE: If "god" wants to talk to me... [new video] - by Chad32 - February 2, 2017 at 1:58 pm
RE: If "god" wants to talk to me... [new video] - by Drich - February 2, 2017 at 2:20 pm
RE: If "god" wants to talk to me... [new video] - by MTL - February 9, 2017 at 3:31 pm
RE: If "god" wants to talk to me... [new video] - by Drich - February 10, 2017 at 11:39 am
RE: If "god" wants to talk to me... [new video] - by MTL - February 16, 2017 at 2:55 am
RE: If "god" wants to talk to me... [new video] - by Drich - February 16, 2017 at 10:44 am
RE: If "god" wants to talk to me... [new video] - by Drich - February 17, 2017 at 11:12 am
RE: If "god" wants to talk to me... [new video] - by Drich - February 9, 2017 at 11:32 am
RE: If "god" wants to talk to me... [new video] - by Cecelia - February 2, 2017 at 6:49 pm
RE: If "god" wants to talk to me... [new video] - by brewer - February 2, 2017 at 6:56 pm
RE: If "god" wants to talk to me... [new video] - by brewer - February 2, 2017 at 7:54 pm
RE: If "god" wants to talk to me... [new video] - by Cecelia - February 2, 2017 at 7:57 pm
RE: If "god" wants to talk to me... [new video] - by brewer - February 2, 2017 at 8:54 pm
RE: If "god" wants to talk to me... [new video] - by Foxaèr - February 3, 2017 at 3:26 am
RE: If "god" wants to talk to me... [new video] - by Drich - February 17, 2017 at 4:11 pm
RE: If "god" wants to talk to me... [new video] - by Athene - February 17, 2017 at 9:00 pm
RE: If "god" wants to talk to me... [new video] - by Nay_Sayer - February 17, 2017 at 10:48 pm
RE: If "god" wants to talk to me... [new video] - by Drich - February 20, 2017 at 12:16 pm
RE: If "god" wants to talk to me... [new video] - by Drich - February 20, 2017 at 10:50 am
RE: If "god" wants to talk to me... [new video] - by Drich - February 20, 2017 at 4:12 pm
RE: If "god" wants to talk to me... [new video] - by Drich - February 22, 2017 at 1:38 pm
RE: If "god" wants to talk to me... [new video] - by Drich - February 23, 2017 at 12:38 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Funny video - Saturday Night Live - teen thanks god during thanksgiving Ferrocyanide 4 818 November 7, 2021 at 5:09 pm
Last Post: Oldandeasilyconfused
  Are there any theists here who think God wants, or will take care of, Global Warming? Duty 16 3667 January 19, 2020 at 11:50 am
Last Post: Smedders
  11-Year-Old College Grad Wants to Pursue Astrophysics to Prove God’s Existence Foxaèr 49 7269 August 2, 2018 at 4:51 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  My dad wants me to marry another christian Der/die AtheistIn 40 8502 September 23, 2017 at 3:04 pm
Last Post: mordant
Video New video: space, time and anger robvalue 15 3084 March 6, 2016 at 5:07 am
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  Lets talk about sex. loganonekenobi 56 10460 September 2, 2015 at 12:25 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Oh, You Talk to God, That’s Cool! I Need Some Answers Salacious B. Crumb 40 10922 August 20, 2015 at 3:46 pm
Last Post: Salacious B. Crumb
  God is love. God is just. God is merciful. Chad32 62 20349 October 21, 2014 at 9:55 am
Last Post: Cheerful Charlie
  Prospect: god wants me to play for Seattle Tonus 4 1301 February 24, 2014 at 11:18 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  The 'Proof' Christians Don't Talk About Mystical 39 12146 January 8, 2014 at 11:22 pm
Last Post: Mystical