Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 13, 2024, 1:47 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do you think Science and Religion can co-exist in a society?
RE: Do you think Science and Religion can co-exist in a society?
(June 8, 2017 at 3:34 pm)Fake Messiah Wrote:
(June 8, 2017 at 11:57 am)RoadRunner79 Wrote: Care to give some facts to back up these claims.  You may want to read the article I posted
http://strangenotions.com/gods-philosophers/

There's a whole lot wrong here!
You may want to know what you are talking about, before you start making claims like this.  Or is there something particular that I have said, which leads you to this conclusion?

Hey you're the one that said "By the way, I am one who could say, that I don't believe in evolution, I could also say I'm skeptical; and that I believe in evolution. All depends on what you are talking about when you say evolution."

This would be correct (I haven't been given any reasons to change my views in this regard). (kudos for quoting the context by the way). It would also be accurate to say that none of these views (depending on what you are discussing concerning evolution), have come about in regard to my religious beliefs. It's not because of a conflict with my religion. As I have stated in the past, I started out with a view of theistic evolution. Since then, I have learned a lot.

Quote:And that guy from the link you provide is not an atheist, but your classical lying-for-Jesus Christian apologetic. For instance this is what that turd writes: "the tedious internet-based "Jesus never existed!" nonsense" - oh so this is only internet invented conspiracy that has nothing to do with scholars. I guess I could call it a blatant lie, but it's just typical statement by delusional Christian.  

Funny, I thought that atheism just meant just a lack of belief in a deity. I'm curious, if you consider Bart Erhman, or a number of other atheist scholars, who don't hold a high regard for the "mythers" as liars in this regard as well?
Is this the only reason, that you string him up, and question his lack of belief. On a side note, I find it interesting, that the principles and methods proclaimed by these "scholars", often don't follow into any other areas of historical studies and research. Don't you?

(June 8, 2017 at 7:17 pm)Khemikal Wrote:
(June 8, 2017 at 7:11 pm)RoadRunner79 Wrote: I don't see any opposition between or need to compartmentalize between scientific and religious beliefs.  In fact, I find that the harmonize quite well.  There are times, that I may need to re-evaluate something, or take a closer look at my assumptions (or the assumptions of others).  Although some don't like that answer.
You compartmentalized in text form, on these boards........in realtime....in this thread....?

It could be, because some are difficult to have a discussion with; if God comes into the picture at all.   I have found this when discussing basic principles, and even when I am adamant to keep it about logic, and not a particular theological consequence.   Do you have an example in mind, perhaps I can clarify?
It is said that an argument is what convinces reasonable men and a proof is what it takes to convince even an unreasonable man.  - Alexander Vilenkin
If I am shown my error, I will be the first to throw my books into the fire.  - Martin Luther

Messages In This Thread
RE: Do you think Science and Religion can co-exist in a society? - by RoadRunner79 - June 8, 2017 at 7:34 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Do you think Atheists are stupid? Authari 121 6350 January 4, 2024 at 7:35 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Do you think God is authoritarian? ShinyCrystals 65 3608 December 9, 2023 at 7:08 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Atheists, if God doesnt exist, then explain why Keanu Reeves looks like Jesus Christ Frakki 9 1111 April 1, 2023 at 4:07 am
Last Post: Goosebump
  What do atheists think of pagans and wiccans Woah0 56 4185 September 18, 2022 at 5:32 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  History of abolishing God from the society Fake Messiah 42 2819 February 26, 2022 at 6:29 pm
Last Post: Ferrocyanide
  Atheists, do you think Florence Nightingale was a way better person than that fraud Kimbu42 6 1020 October 11, 2021 at 9:43 am
Last Post: Fireball
  Atheists: Why did female with fat butts and short legs exist? Lambe7 14 2061 July 30, 2020 at 7:17 am
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  World War I, religion died in the 20th century, science triumphed in religion in the Interaktive 35 4617 December 24, 2019 at 10:50 am
Last Post: Interaktive
  How can you be sure that God doesn't exist? randomguy123 50 5950 August 14, 2019 at 10:46 pm
Last Post: EgoDeath
  What do you think of LGBTQ2? SlimePumper 58 7336 February 18, 2019 at 5:19 am
Last Post: Agnostico