Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 8, 2024, 2:47 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
10 Questions Biblical Literalists Cannot Honestly Answer
RE: 10 Questions Biblical Literalists Cannot Honestly Answer
(July 20, 2017 at 3:45 am)Godscreated Wrote:
(July 19, 2017 at 11:25 am)Mister Agenda Wrote:

It's very frustrating to present an argument to someone who can't comprehend it. You got it exactly backwards. The theists are the ones trying to establish that a claim about the existence of something is true, they're the  prosecution (trying to establish that something happened and who did it); the defense is pointing out that they've failed to adequately establish their case, they're the atheists. No one would even know they're an atheist if they hadn't heard that someone was claiming some sort of deity exists. The burden of proof doesn't shift so fluidly, it's not just a matter of who said it first, it's what they're really claiming. The person who said it could have corrected me, and said no, no, Mister Agenda, I meant there's absolutely no chance God is real and wasn't just speaking shorthand for 'the existence of God has not been established sufficiently to justify rational belief in it, in my humble opinion'. I was able to pick up on what was actually meant, and you were not, yet you think I'm less discerning on the matter than you are. What was it I said about people who are full of themselves?

Atheist are always telling Christians they have to defend their claims. I know what you were trying to say but you were the one turning the argument around to fit your belief.
God hasn't ever tried to justify His existence not even in His word and I only witness to what I believe.

GC

You have made the positive claim that you know god exists several times now. And yet you still have never backed that claim up with actual evidence. When we tell you we cannot accept your claim without evidence, you immediately demand that we provide evidence for our position. It's very hypocritical of you to demand we provide evidence when you can't. It's obvious that you don't have it and are just avoiding the question.
Being careful is for people who can't handle surprises.

Messages In This Thread
RE: 10 Questions Biblical Literalists Cannot Honestly Answer - by Inkfeather132 - July 20, 2017 at 10:33 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Evolution cannot account for morality chiknsld 341 34056 January 1, 2023 at 10:06 pm
Last Post: sdelsolray
  Am I right to assume, that theists cannot prove that I am not god? Vast Vision 116 33799 March 5, 2021 at 6:39 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Being cannot come from Non-being Otangelo 147 14677 January 7, 2020 at 7:08 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Why Creationists don't realize the biblical Creation is just jewish mythology? android17ak47 65 8912 July 27, 2019 at 9:03 pm
Last Post: Haipule
  God is not the answer Foxaèr 47 5318 October 31, 2018 at 1:25 pm
Last Post: Drich
  Why religious cannot agree. Mystic 46 8316 July 6, 2018 at 11:05 pm
Last Post: warmdecember
  When does biblical history begin ? possibletarian 59 22806 November 24, 2017 at 1:27 am
Last Post: possibletarian
  Why as an Atheist I Cannot Sin Rhondazvous 35 8142 September 17, 2017 at 7:42 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Our theists of all labels please answer.... Brian37 92 12575 April 25, 2017 at 11:33 am
  The Biblical Account of the Creation - A new look RonaldMcRaygun 10 3024 March 31, 2017 at 5:47 pm