Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 17, 2024, 2:36 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
There is a difference between salvation, and the rewards of Heaven
RE: There is a difference between salvation, and the rewards of Heaven
(July 27, 2017 at 2:56 pm)Brian37 Wrote:
(July 27, 2017 at 2:46 pm)Drich Wrote: oh you mean in the Christianity sub section where the discussion is centered around idk CHRISTIANITY?!?!?!?!

So again tard-by IF you want to play discuss Christianity why not discuss actual Christianity and not the straw man bs you keep pretending with?

that's not true. We all don't get to go. that part is.

Who gives a fuck? 7 billion humans currently, not counting the fact that on average 1 billion people DIE every 20 years worldwide. Seems to me a lot of waste and a severe lack of efficiency for a perfect and all powerful God. 
but then why does the world have to be perfect? We were given the world to rule over, and subsequently we gave the world to satan to rule over us so that we may have our 'moral sins.'
Quote:And you assume that everyone would want to go.
Of course not everyone wants to go. As not all are of God. Satan's seed also walk among us. for sure they do not want to go.

Quote:No sorry, according to the mythology of that book, and considering how he behaves like a narcissistic asshole to even

Narcissist= someone who has an erotic interest in one's self. This use to describe someone who has masturbated. If you want to get technical, you more closely follow the direction of a narcissist than God does "According to the mythology of that book." As God has never shown sexual interest in himself.

Quote: Adam and Eve using them in a rigged bet they were not aware of and had no say in,
Are you quoting the bible according to brian? Because I remember no bet. maybe you are think about Job.

Quote:considering he committed mass genocide with the flood
and if the world was covered in a mutant hybrid, beyond evil beyond redemption, that had infected everyone? if you are going to use the bible to condemn God you must also use the stated reasons God did what he did as well.

Quote: and at the end of the book acts like a childish brat who smashes the XBox when his players don't do what he wants, nope
What I see is a God who smashes the people who would take the xbox from his children.

Quote:there is no way I would want to hang out with such a selfish asshole bully.
If I were slated to be smashed I wouldn't want anything to do with God either. However I'm not, and I do.

(July 27, 2017 at 4:01 pm)J a c k Wrote:
(July 27, 2017 at 3:58 pm)Lutrinae Wrote: To be honest, he created this thread in reference to something mentioned in another thread.

What I mean is that he's persistent in even putting in effort here. I mean damn! Lol

5 years 10,000+ posts. yeah the returns aren't great but they're still there.

(July 27, 2017 at 4:41 pm)drfuzzy Wrote: Oh, you're right.  I find Yahweh to be a despicable monster.  I also find Yahweh to be the fictitious construct of a bunch of ignorant, brutal savages.
uh,no. this line
Quote: I find Yahweh to be a despicable monster.
says you on some level has accepted the personage of God and see Him apart from the construct of God as you first person singularly identified God and his crimes against your sensibilities. This means You blame a deity. If you fully accepted that their was no deity then the blame would shift to the indivisuals who keep this deity going. Which you try to do in the 2nd half of the sentence, but throughout your work when you mention god you mean God not the construct of evil people. for example:

Quote:  The only reason for using the wholly babble to slam the Old War Demon Rapist Genocidal Sky Daddy is that verses from that repulsive book of fairy tales are the only thing brainwashed xtians MIGHT listen to.  And if they don't listen, at least some of them are sentient enough to realize that they shouldn't be pushing me to believe in their imaginary friend.
Here "Sky daddy" is the evil monster who wars and genocide you hate, which is separate from the mundane christian who maybe smart enough not to try and convert you. Now if 'Sky Daddy" was a construct of man then in your story His evil would have to be transferred to the believers. After all if 'sky daddy' is evil and not real then it is those who worship that are evil. But you have seperated the evil and awarded it to God. Which means again on some level you acknowledge God

Quote:Arguing about religious beliefs does not mean I believe any of those religious beliefs or stand a snowballs chance in your non-existent hell of converting.
 But again if you are going to argue those beliefs then why not actually argue what is believed rather that the BS you use to prop each other up?

Quote:There is nothing written in your wholly babble that is any more relevant to my real life than a kids book about sparkly vampires.

I found the oppsite to be true... Maybe that is why I am where I am.

Quote: I do not believe in the existence of any gods, no heaven, no hell, no satan, no allah, no vishnu - no gods.  I MIGHT change my mind if a deity showed up and proved it existed, but that still wouldn't mean it was worthy of anyone's worship.
If a deity showed up and prooved himself to you then wouldn't make you the supreme being? If God bends to your will then are you not superior to God? Now if God claims to be the alpha and omega, then by his very nature He will not do that, but rather tell you how to meet up with Him. That He has done. I have followed those directions and I found God as promised.
[/quote]

Messages In This Thread
RE: There is a difference between salvation, and the rewards of Heaven - by Drich - July 28, 2017 at 8:51 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is there free will in Heaven? zwanzig 54 4758 April 12, 2021 at 1:35 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Evolution and Christianity and Salvation mrj 255 21524 March 14, 2019 at 3:10 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  On the subject of Hell and Salvation Alternatehistory95 278 31468 March 10, 2019 at 12:09 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  The connection between Christianity and Capitalism Cecelia 43 4931 August 22, 2018 at 12:47 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Eternity in Heaven - Scary? JairCrawford 47 5967 July 26, 2018 at 2:43 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  The Lie Known as "Salvation" Haipule 59 8827 June 12, 2018 at 3:35 am
Last Post: Haipule
  Pope Francis -- dogs go to Heaven! Jehanne 34 5789 October 19, 2017 at 3:46 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Can a Chrisitan lose his/her salvation? Jehanne 130 31841 July 26, 2017 at 10:25 am
Last Post: drfuzzy
  Why do Christians want to go to Heaven? Fake Messiah 52 19582 June 28, 2017 at 9:29 am
Last Post: Astonished
  Similarities Between the Christian God and Abusive Spouses Jesster 18 3379 September 4, 2016 at 11:29 am
Last Post: robvalue