Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 9, 2024, 8:30 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Irational fear of hell still naggs me from time to time
RE: Irational fear of hell still naggs me from time to time
(September 30, 2017 at 3:50 pm)Hammy Wrote:
(September 30, 2017 at 6:34 am)downbeatplumb Wrote: Man up and get over it.

I've always hated the expression 'man up'.

For the same reason I've hated the expression 'men don't cry' or 'stiff up a lip' and all that shit.

I think it is ok to call someone a "crybaby". But yea, "man up" is fucking sexist. 

For example, 45 not serving doesn't by itself make him a "pussy". What makes him a "crybaby" is that he talks like he is a bad ass but couldn't admit he couldn't do it.

I hate "man up" as well. I have met plenty of women mentally stronger than I am, and would give a shit less if a female police officer, female firefighter, EMT or Military service person saved my ass. What would matter to me is that they saved my ass, even if I admit I couldn't do their work myself.

My own mother is a perfect example of a strong woman mentally. She was always assured of herself and if it were not for her, I know I would have ended up on the streets or worse.

I am sick of the idea that being a man means you have to be a testosterone Rambo wannabe.

Especially with military service. If you run a platoon, the last thing you should ever want is an idiot looking to get even, and someone who isn't mentally capable to handle the stress. Surviving combat isn't a matter of gender, or revenge. Just like any other job, it requires focus and only focus and training increase your chances of survival. 

I'd value truth over anything, and if you admit to me you cant handle the stress of being under threat of injury or death, that is far better than lying to dodge it, or lying and pretending you can. 

I'd trust a honest president who didn't serve over a bombastic braggart.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Irational fear of hell still naggs me from time to time - by Brian37 - September 30, 2017 at 4:46 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Still Angry about Abraham and Isaac zwanzig 29 2187 October 1, 2023 at 7:58 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Why are you (still) a Christian? FrustratedFool 304 20256 September 29, 2023 at 5:16 pm
Last Post: Bucky Ball
  GOD's Mercy While It Is Still Today - Believe! Mercyvessel 102 9211 January 9, 2022 at 1:31 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  [Not] Breaking news; Catholic church still hateful Nay_Sayer 18 1712 March 17, 2021 at 11:43 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  How can a Christian reject part of the Bible and still call themselves a Christian? KUSA 371 91007 May 3, 2020 at 1:04 am
Last Post: Paleophyte
  So, are the Boils of Egypt still a 'thing' ?? vorlon13 26 5853 May 8, 2018 at 1:29 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  Do my parents fear that I'll leave the faith? Der/die AtheistIn 120 23771 January 14, 2018 at 2:55 am
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  Ex-Christians: How do you lose your fear of hell? KiwiNFLFan 29 5772 November 20, 2017 at 2:07 pm
Last Post: purplepurpose
  There is still time to covert to Christianity before Christmas! Loading Please Wait 12 3323 January 29, 2017 at 4:22 pm
Last Post: The Wise Joker
  What time is it?? What if Time!!! Drich 94 11027 March 11, 2016 at 10:02 pm
Last Post: dyresand