Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 13, 2024, 8:11 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What would you do if you found out God existed
RE: What would you do if you found out God existed
(October 5, 2017 at 9:41 pm)LadyForCamus Wrote:
(October 5, 2017 at 9:24 pm)MysticKnight Wrote: It's not out of the woods if you know God exists, then comes truly knowing the path to him and taking it, which is recognizing his name among the false names. Knowing God exists is easy, knowing who God is and the I path to him, that takes another level. And knowing that path, and taking it, is exactly a whole different thing, and knowing the path and way and door doesn't mean you will enter it and take it.

All praise to God of all the guidance and insights and proofs he has helped me with and I ask forgiveness for every ungrateful act of disobedience and every lack of will towards embracing his name and submitting to him.

Take a flying fuck through a rolling doughnut, MK.  At least CL actually talks to us like human beings.

The file you addressed is not available at this time.  The real, fuller MK version is offline for now.  Peace be upon him.

(October 5, 2017 at 9:43 pm)Joods Wrote:
(October 5, 2017 at 9:30 pm)Godscreated Wrote:  You just do not understand, not even the what if put before you. I can answer those questions of yours the Bible deals with them and you would know if you cared to read it. Sin answers most of your questions, and God did not create sin Lucifer brought it into existence and man swallowed it hook line and sinker and now we suffer for it. If God were to appear before you you wouldn't be able to say anything, but hey believe as you wish but one day soon enough you will meet Him face to face and you will be speechless.

GC

That's a load of horseshit and you know it. The bible most certainly does not answer any of those questions. 

FWIW I have read the bible. It's one of the reasons why I am an atheist. 

If god were to appear to me, you have no clue what I would or wouldn't be able to say because 1 - you don't know me and 2 - you don't know me well enough to know how I would react in a situation like that. 

You don't know how anyone would react. I might just sucker punch him for shits and giggles so he can see what it's like to "suffer" from something that was beyond his control.

I must take issue with my bolded.  Give credit where credit is due but not just willy nilly to all comers.

(October 5, 2017 at 10:46 pm)MysticKnight Wrote:
(October 5, 2017 at 10:42 pm)AFTT47 Wrote: Not that I believe in any god but I've heard the phrase, "God doesn't make junk." The implication of course is that you shouldn't loathe what God made (you).

God created everything good, and he called me gently and good way, I rebelled, the evil with me is more mine than his, and the good with me is more his than mine.

I call you guys not gently, but just egoistically just to serve my dark delusions,  I misrepresent what the path I should be upon due to the knowledge I have, and gave you a false impression of the path Quran calls to. The way I been talking to you guys is among the crimes, that I use God's Name to feed my ego, while ignoring the path of his name, and call of his name, and etiquette of his name.

You guys see how evil I am. I don't know what is so hard to admit. Why blame God when you guys hate me from my choice of etiquette as well.

(October 5, 2017 at 10:50 pm)Losty Wrote: I don't hate you at all and I don't think you're evil.

And neither do I.  But I disagree with MK's self analysis.  His very real psychotic break is not a failure of will and is not god's punishment.  It is just a disease he is getting through.  I would say his faith, far from being of any value to him now in his time of need, is actually adding to his suffering.

@MK - just leave it alone.  It will never get better if you keep picking at it.

(October 5, 2017 at 11:01 pm)Kernel Sohcahtoa Wrote:
(October 5, 2017 at 6:21 pm)Catholic_Lady Wrote: Ok, so let's suppose that God really does exist and that He proved His existence to you. He showed up and did exactly whatever was needed to convince you personally that He is real.

You had a conversation with Him for many many hours, over the course of many days in a row, and He even showed you things... like certain things in the future of humanity so you could see how everything will ultimately fall together. He took you back in time so you could see particular events, including many moments from the life of Jesus. He showed you what the afterlife is like, fully answered every single one of your questions about why He allows certain things to happen, etc, and cleared up all misconceptions and misunderstandings you have had that made you think He was bad.

Let's say you came away from all that realizing God isn't who you thought He would have been, but is actually completely good. Would you then want to be with Him? Want to follow His ways? Feel remorse for the times in your life when you acted wrongly?

...Or would you feel angry and continue on hating the idea of God (even after learning He actually is good), hating the idea of having to "answer" to a higher being, etc?

Thank you for this Thread, CL.  Honestly, it would be pretty cool to make contact with a sentient lifeform who is more advanced than humanity, provided that this life-form is friendly: it would be awesome to see how this lifeform views/understands the reality around us, because IMO, it would show people that reality does not revolve around human thought patterns and sense-making processes; thus, humbling humanity's self-importance/conceit. 

Out of curiosity, if such a being presented itself to humanity, then how could humanity be sure that this being isn't just showing each individual human precisely what it wants to see in order for them to believe in it? Also, as per your op, if such a life-form presented itself, then what happens if all of humanity, especially practitioners of the worlds major religions, were wrong about it and completely misunderstood its intended message? In your opinion, would humanity's theists engage such a lifeform with an open mind, or would they deny that this lifeform is the supposed god that they worshiped because it did not conform to their preconceptions and expectations of what a god is? Would you be open to a completely new definition/understanding of what god/supernatural actually is?

P.S. I apologize for my inquisitiveness and by no means am I expecting you to respond to me.  I just found your thread to be interesting, as it made me curious.  Thanks again.

And the winner is ... the Kernel of course.  C_L would you prefer to take this (my bolded) up in a new thread?  I for one would really appreciate your considered opinion on the Kernel's hypothetical.

Messages In This Thread
RE: What would you do if you found out God existed - by Whateverist - October 6, 2017 at 1:37 am
RE: What would you do if you found out God existed - by c172 - October 6, 2017 at 12:31 am
RE: What would you do if you found out God existed - by Joods - October 13, 2017 at 10:04 am
RE: What would you do if you found out God existed - by GUBU - October 14, 2017 at 7:10 pm
RE: What would you do if you found out God existed - by GUBU - October 27, 2017 at 6:56 pm
RE: What would you do if you found out God existed - by GUBU - October 27, 2017 at 6:54 pm
RE: What would you do if you found out God existed - by GUBU - October 27, 2017 at 6:13 pm
RE: What would you do if you found out God existed - by GUBU - October 27, 2017 at 7:05 pm
RE: What would you do if you found out God existed - by GUBU - October 27, 2017 at 8:00 pm
RE: What would you do if you found out God existed - by GUBU - October 27, 2017 at 8:04 pm
RE: What would you do if you found out God existed - by GUBU - October 27, 2017 at 8:08 pm
RE: What would you do if you found out God existed - by GUBU - October 28, 2017 at 1:54 pm
RE: What would you do if you found out God existed - by GUBU - October 28, 2017 at 4:32 pm
RE: What would you do if you found out God existed - by GUBU - October 28, 2017 at 6:11 pm
RE: What would you do if you found out God existed - by GUBU - October 29, 2017 at 10:27 am
RE: What would you do if you found out God existed - by GUBU - November 4, 2017 at 10:21 am
RE: What would you do if you found out God existed - by GUBU - November 4, 2017 at 12:46 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Shocking Reflection]: Finally, I found Mohammed's name in the Bible and the Torah WinterHold 105 6743 November 26, 2022 at 1:29 am
Last Post: UniversesBoss
  Sodom found? HappySkeptic 46 3410 October 9, 2021 at 10:09 pm
Last Post: Ferrocyanide
  Someone should tell these people Buddha never existed Vincenzo Vinny G. 14 4762 March 5, 2021 at 6:44 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Turns out we were all wrong. Here's undeniable proof of god. EgoDeath 6 1448 September 16, 2019 at 11:18 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Jesus tomb found! << click bait for religious>> ignoramus 17 2905 December 23, 2018 at 4:56 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
  What would you say to a god if you met one? The Valkyrie 37 4341 June 1, 2018 at 7:05 am
Last Post: brewer
  God and Death, dying out. WinterHold 13 2328 May 14, 2018 at 9:27 pm
Last Post: chimp3
  People in bible never existed according to head of Theology at a university in UK! MellisaClarke 79 15844 January 3, 2018 at 12:18 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Would God be an atheist? Martian Mermaid 41 7088 November 16, 2017 at 1:14 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  What would you do if you found out that I was God? Aegon 16 2639 October 8, 2017 at 6:43 pm
Last Post: Aegon