Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 1, 2024, 3:38 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Disney Channel is making history with its first gay coming-out story
RE: Disney Channel is making history with its first gay coming-out story
(October 28, 2017 at 11:09 am)Aroura Wrote:
(October 28, 2017 at 11:02 am)Catholic_Lady Wrote: I remember hearing about this. I saw the movie (ridiculously overrated btw) and don't think disney intended on making anything about gayness in it lol. People being delusional.

I wouldn't say delusional.  I agree that I don't think Disney intended it as a straight forward, no pun intended, metaphor for gayness. What it is, is the story of someone who has something that causes her to be an outcast.  This allows people to relate to her for all sorts or reasons.  Being nerdy or bookish, being gay, being a tom boy, etc.  So in that way, it is a metaphor for it, just in a more general sense, if that makes any sense.

(October 28, 2017 at 11:08 am)Chad32 Wrote: Oh, that. I guess you could interpret as a coming out story for lgbtq, if you want.

Yes exactly, it can be interpreted that way, even if the creators didn't intend that specific thing.  And it's not even an incorrect interpretation.

Like any good art, it can be interpreted many ways, depending on who is viewing it.

(October 28, 2017 at 11:06 am)Catholic_Lady Wrote: Probably beauty and the beast or Aladdin!

I got to see the opera here in Germany of Beauty and the Beast.  I've seen the movie so many times I had no trouble following along in a foreign language.
It was really wonderful!!

Yeah an opera sounds amazing. 

Though I must admit I was a little disappointed by the live action Beauty and the Beast movie. I mean, it's good but I was expecting them to kind of make the story a little different. With the exception of adding like 2 short scenes, it was an exact play by play of the animated version. Which is fine because I love the animated version, but I was expecting something more rather than the same movie I've already seen a million times. 

I was expecting it to be more like the live action Cinderella, where they created a new, deeper story. So good!
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh

Messages In This Thread
RE: Disney Channel is making history with its first gay coming-out story - by Catholic_Lady - October 28, 2017 at 11:55 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Florida teacher faces investigation for playing Disney movie zebo-the-fat 5 596 May 17, 2023 at 6:07 pm
Last Post: Cecelia
  Are executions making the US look bad? Jehanne 33 1768 May 18, 2022 at 12:01 pm
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  Condo collapse a bar stool story. Brian37 21 1292 August 11, 2021 at 9:08 pm
Last Post: Ranjr
  Beating your meat. A hacking story. Brian37 35 2496 June 5, 2021 at 8:03 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Attempt Murder for Jodie, get a Youtube channel. Brian37 23 1052 June 2, 2021 at 6:54 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  I didn’t do it out of hate. ... I did it out of love. brewer 2 507 January 10, 2021 at 10:30 am
Last Post: Divinity
  It's a flat world after all. <-Disney, but SCARY! Brian37 63 5071 May 23, 2020 at 7:30 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  The Coronavirus Is the Worst Intelligence Failure in U.S. History WinterHold 0 308 March 26, 2020 at 2:32 pm
Last Post: WinterHold
  Blue Story: Cinema chains pull gang film after 'machete' brawl Duty 57 4980 November 27, 2019 at 9:30 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Founder of Conversion Therapy program comes out as gay Figbash 9 873 September 6, 2019 at 7:44 am
Last Post: onlinebiker