Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 3:58 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Florida teacher faces investigation for playing Disney movie

A Florida teacher says she is facing a state investigation after she played students a Disney film featuring a gay character.
Jenna Barbee said she was accused of "indoctrination" after showing the movie Strange World.
Hernando County School District confirmed to US media that a teacher is being investigated after a parent complained.

The incident comes a year after Florida's Republican Governor signed the Parental Rights in Education Act - which critics have dubbed the "Don't Say Gay" law. The measure initially banned education about sexual orientation and gender identity for pupils aged nine and under, and was recently expanded to cover all grades.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-cana...gn=KARANGA
The meek shall inherit the Earth, the rest of us will fly to the stars.

Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large groups

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in mud ..... after a while you realise that the pig likes it!

RE: Florida teacher faces investigation for playing Disney movie
Ridiculous on so many levels. Ridiculous that parents complain. Ridiculous law. Ridiculous that a teacher, who are worth 10x what they get paid, is being villainized when she followed protocols for getting permission.
We are not made happy by what we acquire but by what we appreciate.
Go tell the dominionists. Maybe they'll listen to you?
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
In Tokyo it is 0730ish Tuesday morning.
In London it is 2330ish Monday evening.
In New York it is 1830 Monday Night.
In Florida it is 1337.
(May 15, 2023 at 6:36 pm)no one Wrote: In Tokyo it is 0730ish Tuesday morning.
In London it is 2330ish Monday evening.
In New York it is 1830 Monday Night.
In Florida it is 1337.

Quote:Hundred Years' War, (1337–1453)Intermittent armed conflict between England and France over territorial rights and the issue of succession to the French throne. It began when Edward III invaded Flanders in 1337 in order to assert his claim to the French crown.
Florida: I wonder why we're having teacher shortages...
Also Florida: *points to topic*

There's not enough money in the world to get me to teach in Florida. Nothing wrong with the movie (which she had permission slips for anyway), everything wrong with the parent.
The whole tone of Church teaching in regard to woman is, to the last degree, contemptuous and degrading. - Elizabeth Cady Stanton

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hey Florida people!!!! arewethereyet 22 1641 September 29, 2022 at 7:47 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Florida humanist gives first secular invocation at Brevard County brewer 4 284 February 1, 2021 at 9:25 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Florida(wo)man. Gawdzilla Sama 0 169 July 30, 2020 at 8:56 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  It's a flat world after all. <-Disney, but SCARY! Brian37 63 4823 May 23, 2020 at 7:30 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  The muller investigation being investigated! Drich 44 2532 November 7, 2019 at 2:56 am
Last Post: GUBU
  A Florida Man The Grand Nudger 33 1543 March 26, 2019 at 3:43 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  BREAKING NEWS mass shooting in Florida 12 dead, 25+ injured rkellysucks 3 760 January 5, 2019 at 4:37 pm
  Russian Woman Reportedly Faces 6 Years in Prison for Insulting Memes about Xtians purplepurpose 1 557 October 16, 2018 at 5:31 am
  Jesus Fucking Christ....Florida Got Hammered! Minimalist 30 1436 October 12, 2018 at 5:14 am
Last Post: Nakara
  Florida Stand Your Ground Shooting brewer 40 4713 August 5, 2018 at 8:51 am
Last Post: Brian37