Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 8:42 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Attempt Murder for Jodie, get a Youtube channel.
Attempt Murder for Jodie, get a Youtube channel.
We live in an age where an orange Turd gets rewarded with 4 years of vilification and inciting an insurrection. So why should it surprise anyone that John Hinkley has his own Youtube Channel? 

https://www.thedailybeast.com/john-hinck...on-youtube
RE: Attempt Murder for Jodie, get a Youtube channel.
(June 2, 2021 at 7:11 am)Brian37 Wrote: We live in an age where an orange Turd gets rewarded with 4 years of vilification and inciting an insurrection. So why should it surprise anyone that John Hinkley has his own Youtube Channel? 

Why shouldn’t Hinckley have a YouTube channel? I don’t see the problem.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(June 2, 2021 at 7:23 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(June 2, 2021 at 7:11 am)Brian37 Wrote: We live in an age where an orange Turd gets rewarded with 4 years of vilification and inciting an insurrection. So why should it surprise anyone that John Hinkley has his own Youtube Channel? 

Why shouldn’t Hinckley have a YouTube channel? I don’t see the problem.

Boru

What? Really? He almost murdered a President.  Brady ended up handicap too. 

Now if you want to argue the government  role in "free speech" that is a separate argument. But as a private company, I damn sure don't want to provide a platform for those who commit acts of violence, especially against our institutions. 

Would you argue the same if it were Obama or Biden he tried to kill?
(June 2, 2021 at 7:28 am)Brian37 Wrote:
(June 2, 2021 at 7:23 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Why shouldn’t Hinckley have a YouTube channel? I don’t see the problem.

Boru

What? Really? He almost murdered a President. 

Now if you want to argue the government  role in "free speech" that is a separate argument. But as a private company, I damn sure don't want to provide a platform for those who commit acts of violence, especially against our institutions. 

Would you argue the same if it were Obama or Biden he tried to kill?

Yes, I wouldn’t have a problem with a mental patient who tried to kill a Democratic President having a YouTube channel. I don’t get the connection between shooting three people 40 years ago and posting song covers on a YouTube channel. You want to punish a mentally ill man for the rest of his life? Fuxxake, he’s not hurting anyone.  Well, not now, I mean.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Funny how Hinckley was from a wealthy family. Pretty sure that is why he got the deal he did.

Pretty sure If I, (which the orange turd would not be worth it) had attempted the same, pretty sure I'd end up with life in prison. Pretty sure I would not be able to cop out to having mental illness, even if I was.

Now having a cousin who has autism, long ago, got mad in the kitchen, and waved a knife around at everyone, I wouldn't have blamed him if he had actually harmed anyone. But he also didn't attempt to kill a President. And if he had killed someone, I don't think he should have a social media platform, not because his malady is his fault, but because it should not be potential inspiration for others, regardless of having  a malady or not.
Do you wake up in the morning on a mission to find something that puts your panties in a twist?

Did you know that Ed Kemper narrates audio books? He's in prison for murdering ten people including his parents.

Don't be so sure you wouldn't be able to pull off an insanity defense even with a court-appointed attorney.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

(June 2, 2021 at 8:14 am)arewethereyet Wrote: Do you wake up in the morning on a mission to find something that puts your panties in a twist?

Did you know that Ed Kemper narrates audio books?  He's in prison for murdering ten people including his parents.  

Don't be so sure you wouldn't be able to pull off an insanity defense even with a court-appointed attorney.

Hinckley hid behind his family's wealth. There are countless stalkers who don't get off on an insanity defense every day. Countless abusers who stalk spouses or celebrities who are deemed quite sane, and convicted of stalking, assault or murder. 

I most certainly value giving the truly mentally ill the benefit of the doubt. But Hinckley is blowing smoke up everyone's ass.

If it had been my cousin who did the same, who didn't have wealth or money, I would still say it would not be a good idea, because of the high profile of the event, to allow my cousin to have such a platform. 

If my cousin had done the same, I'd believe his defense. I don't believe Hinckley. I think he is simply a nut case ( in a narcissistic context) who knows exactly what the fuck he is doing, unlike my cousin, who cant help what brain chemistry is or his maladies are.
As per usual.

Panic Panic Panic Panic Panic Panic

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

Then go downvote all his shitty covers.  If you really want to punish him, make your own channel and read your poetry.
Ouch!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  India Moon Landing Attempt 8:30 AM ET 23AUG23 Nanny 25 1337 September 3, 2023 at 9:42 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Chauvin Murder Trial onlinebiker 644 39531 May 17, 2021 at 3:36 pm
Last Post: Bucky Ball
  BREAKING:Italy charges Egyptian security agency officials over murder of Giulio R. WinterHold 27 1247 December 14, 2020 at 7:02 pm
Last Post: HappySkeptic
  Boeing: Premeditated murder? ignoramus 0 490 September 30, 2020 at 7:27 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Saudi Arabia: The Saudi hit squad linked to the Khashoggi murder WinterHold 9 1333 March 22, 2019 at 11:55 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Baltimore, MD - Husband and daughter arrested for murder of Jacquelyn Smith EgoDeath 0 422 March 5, 2019 at 1:49 am
Last Post: EgoDeath
  Bezos links ‘blackmailing’ to Khashoggi murder WinterHold 7 1240 February 12, 2019 at 5:46 am
Last Post: Yonadav
  I Wonder When The Bar Will Get Low Enough For The Deplorables to Get In? Minimalist 12 1255 May 17, 2018 at 4:19 pm
Last Post: Whateverist
  Man uses "Gay Panic Defense" to get away with murder Divinity 18 3188 April 28, 2018 at 8:37 pm
Last Post: henryp
  Disney Channel is making history with its first gay coming-out story Foxaèr 57 5918 October 28, 2017 at 4:54 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye