Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 18, 2024, 3:14 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Driver hits people in Manhattan; multiple deaths
RE: Driver hits people in Manhattan; multiple deaths
(November 4, 2017 at 1:35 am)Court Jester Wrote:
(November 3, 2017 at 11:04 pm)Khemikal Wrote: Tell you what, let's handle the issue in order of severity.  So, shoelace control can be on the docket..if you positively insist..because it's totally not silly. 

Let's take a looksie at guns first eh?  We could certainly enforce the laws currently on the books better and more uniformly than we do, just for starters.  After we do that, we'll take a look and see whether or not shoelaces or guns are a bigger problem and prioritize again?

I know it's tough to wrap your mind around this whole "root cause, wider scope thinking" thing but I'll work with you here. Go reread my previous post. I'll wait for you.

Okay? Now... We are not looking at the tool being used. I understand that not every individual has multiple degrees, nearly has a PhD, or a Six Sigma master certification. That's okay. This is a safe learning environment. We're gonna work through this together. Again, we are not looking at the tool being used. That would be a type of symptom of the issue. Not the issue itself. We're getting into a broader thought process beyond the simple narrow minded view here.  

I realize that this is where I'm losing you. Take a deep breath.  Okay... one more; great job. Now let's get back into some root cause analysis.

So forget what the tool being used is. The type of tool is of no concern through the first steps. Simply understanding that a tool of whatever sort was used to cause a negative result based on psychosocial norms of whatever region on earth. A tool was used to take an individuals life without that individual's consent or the consent of that individual's friends and family.

Take another deep breath now. The really hard part is coming.

Pick the first factor in the first step to the root cause of the incident.

1. The tool is at fault

B. The person that used the tool for a negative result is at fault

III. The person or company that made the tool or allowed the tool to be available is at fault

If you've made it this far and have been able to ramain rational enough to pick an answer after this tough and treacherous first step; you have made it as far as the elementary and middle school children I worked with on broblem solving techniques. I actually have done this same thing with many children. I have faith in you though. You can do this too though.

So now; what is your answer and why?

I have never heard of a mass killing by a shoelace wielding maniac

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Driver hits people in Manhattan; multiple deaths - by downbeatplumb - November 4, 2017 at 8:37 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Earthquakes in Croatia - deaths caused by unregulated buildings? FlatAssembler 6 579 January 17, 2021 at 4:57 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  BREAKING: Trump suggests US over-reporting COVID deaths WinterHold 23 2280 November 2, 2020 at 12:27 am
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  More gun deaths zebo-the-fat 42 4141 September 6, 2019 at 10:20 am
Last Post: Vince
  Bus Driver who raped 14-year old gets no Jail TIme Divinity 4 605 April 30, 2019 at 11:18 am
Last Post: Jackalope
  knives don't stab people people stab people! Drich 135 6157 April 9, 2019 at 8:37 am
Last Post: I_am_not_mafia
  Breaking:Saudi Arabia: a second Missile hits the capital WinterHold 8 2176 December 20, 2017 at 4:57 am
Last Post: WinterHold
  Consumer confidence hits 13-year high John V 70 14847 October 26, 2017 at 12:17 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Car hits several people in London, person detained c172 4 1040 October 8, 2017 at 2:18 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  Opiate deaths vorlon13 21 3142 August 14, 2017 at 2:52 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  11 year old boy develops device that could prevent hot car deaths Cecelia 6 1887 July 19, 2017 at 9:25 pm
Last Post: Seraphina