Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 14, 2024, 4:20 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How and why can people ignore their God’s immoral ways?
RE: How and why can people ignore their God’s immoral ways?
(November 17, 2017 at 6:10 pm)Khemikal Wrote: Obfuscation, exasperation, perplexity, redefinition, appeals to hypocrisy, and good old fashioned flat out denial.  This is just what I've seen -from- them in attempting to do so, anyway.

The only way to break the hold of crap gods, as far as the godly are concerned.... is to get new ones.  That's pretty much the story of religion.  It's not as if you couldn't use a bit yourself.  Following christ?  Not exactly a moral god himself.  Welcome back, btw, seems like it's been a bit.

Thanks. I have been where I have been needed more to fight those you describe so accurately. My kingdom for such eloquence.

As to me, I have found a moral God. The Gnostic Christian one who follows the ways of the other Jesus that speaks from scriptures. Not the one Christians follow.

See for yourself how much better he is as he tries to free people from traditional dogma and religions, not slave people to those poor traditions and religions the way the Christian Jesus does.

I hope you like Alan Watts. My favorite philosopher.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alRNbesf...r_embedded

Regards
DL

(November 17, 2017 at 7:46 pm)vorlon13 Wrote: What's wrong with The Lord God Almighty getting pissed off when a menstruating woman dishonors His Holy Church by trying to get in ??

Indeed. Especially when the sheeple want to be washed in the blood of their scapegoat Jesus.

Regards
DL

(November 18, 2017 at 6:07 am)alpha male Wrote:
(November 17, 2017 at 5:31 pm)Greatest I am Wrote: If you have read any of the critical books on God, you will have seen God described with some rather disingenuous terms that, if applied to a man, would see that man executed by any moral government in quick order.

See bolded. God isn't a man, so your point falls apart.

In my religion, God has to submit to man and not man to God. It is more like Buddhism and Karaite Jewry.

The point was that Christians have to form an immoral double standard to follow their genocidal son murdering prick of a God.

Regards
DL

Messages In This Thread
RE: How and why can people ignore their God’s immoral ways? - by Greatest I am - November 18, 2017 at 2:29 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A thing about religious (and other) people and the illusion of free will ShinyCrystals 265 14686 December 6, 2023 at 12:21 am
Last Post: Harry Haller
  Why people remain in cultlike religious communities Won2blv 6 689 April 1, 2022 at 7:59 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  The soft toys parents hope connect kids to their faith zebo-the-fat 13 1318 October 31, 2021 at 3:50 am
Last Post: Paleophyte
  If god can't lie, does that mean he can't do everything? Foxaèr 184 13492 September 10, 2021 at 4:20 pm
Last Post: Dundee
  Why do some people condone hell? SuicideCommando01 45 5869 May 22, 2020 at 6:14 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Ways to Get Into Heaven! Or Whatever You Believe in! Jade-Green Stone 14 2625 January 24, 2019 at 2:54 pm
Last Post: deanabiepepler
  This Will Cause Believers To Lose Their Shit Minimalist 36 8763 March 30, 2018 at 11:14 am
Last Post: sdelsolray
  Christians and Their Homework! chimp3 78 9517 March 6, 2018 at 2:40 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  Republicans seem hell bent on proving their god does not exist Foxaèr 7 2338 December 23, 2017 at 4:23 am
Last Post: WinterHold
  People assuming you believe in a God Der/die AtheistIn 35 10526 July 19, 2017 at 10:24 am
Last Post: Astonished