Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 29, 2024, 6:03 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How and why can people ignore their God’s immoral ways?
RE: How and why can people ignore their God’s immoral ways?
(November 20, 2017 at 11:57 am)Chad32 Wrote: [quote pid='1660142' dateline='1511191886']

Most people believe in something, because we're superstitious by nature. But you can't lump everyone who believes in a god or other supernatural force into one group. The individuals of those groups would generally have an issue if you tried to lump judaism, christianity, and islam under the same banner, even if they all do worship the god of Abraham. If you gather up all the believers in each major religion, you'll find that no one religion makes up over half the population of the world. That's the data I'm going with. Not just people who don't believe in any god.

[/quote]

All Abrahamic religions have the same basic slaved to God ideology running through their DNA.

My ideology is that God is to be slaved to us, not us to him, Just the way Jesus taught when he said that the Sabbath was created for man and not man for the Sabbath.

Jesus also said he came to serve not to be served. We create the Gods and should not stupidly subvert ourselves to them.

That is why Gnostic Christians are perpetual seekers and not idol worshipers.

You go ahead and try to split them if you want but that major slave part of their ideology is the root of all three religions.

Regards
DL

(November 20, 2017 at 12:28 pm)Greatest I am Wrote:
(November 20, 2017 at 11:57 am)Chad32 Wrote: [quote pid='1660142' dateline='1511191886']

Most people believe in something, because we're superstitious by nature. But you can't lump everyone who believes in a god or other supernatural force into one group. The individuals of those groups would generally have an issue if you tried to lump judaism, christianity, and islam under the same banner, even if they all do worship the god of Abraham. If you gather up all the believers in each major religion, you'll find that no one religion makes up over half the population of the world. That's the data I'm going with. Not just people who don't believe in any god.

All Abrahamic religions have the same basic slaved to God ideology running through their DNA.

My ideology is that God is to be slaved to us, not us to him, Just the way Jesus taught when he said that the Sabbath was created for man and not man for the Sabbath.

Jesus also said he came to serve not to be served. We create the Gods and should not stupidly subvert ourselves to them.

That is why Gnostic Christians are perpetual seekers and not idol worshipers.

You go ahead and try to split them if you want but that major slave part of their ideology is the root of all three religions.

I will grant that the Jews are more of a question mark on this. Their, --- strive with God, is also interpreted as strive against God.

Regards
DL
[/quote]

Messages In This Thread
RE: How and why can people ignore their God’s immoral ways? - by Greatest I am - November 20, 2017 at 12:28 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A thing about religious (and other) people and the illusion of free will ShinyCrystals 265 20916 December 6, 2023 at 12:21 am
Last Post: Harry Haller
  Why people remain in cultlike religious communities Won2blv 6 822 April 1, 2022 at 7:59 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  The soft toys parents hope connect kids to their faith zebo-the-fat 13 1522 October 31, 2021 at 3:50 am
Last Post: Paleophyte
  If god can't lie, does that mean he can't do everything? Silver 184 17093 September 10, 2021 at 4:20 pm
Last Post: Dundee
  Why do some people condone hell? SuicideCommando01 45 6870 May 22, 2020 at 6:14 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Ways to Get Into Heaven! Or Whatever You Believe in! Jade-Green Stone 14 2913 January 24, 2019 at 2:54 pm
Last Post: deanabiepepler
  This Will Cause Believers To Lose Their Shit Minimalist 36 9217 March 30, 2018 at 11:14 am
Last Post: sdelsolray
  Christians and Their Homework! chimp3 78 10735 March 6, 2018 at 2:40 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  Republicans seem hell bent on proving their god does not exist Silver 7 2488 December 23, 2017 at 4:23 am
Last Post: WinterHold
  People assuming you believe in a God Der/die AtheistIn 35 11913 July 19, 2017 at 10:24 am
Last Post: Astonished