Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 14, 2024, 7:49 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How and why can people ignore their God’s immoral ways?
RE: How and why can people ignore their God’s immoral ways?
(November 24, 2017 at 1:38 am)Godscreated Wrote:
(November 23, 2017 at 4:06 pm)Kernel Sohcahtoa Wrote: Thanks for your response, GC.  I asked you this question, because as a student of mediation, an art which I studied at a Christian university, I've learned that it is essential to be aware of the gray areas of any issue and to be able to re-frame it and construct an impartial third story.  Hence, since the best Christian mediators are able to accomplish this feat, then it would seem that they would be getting their inspiration from their deity and following its example.  Well, thanks for your thoughtful response and enjoy your Thanksgiving holiday.

I did have a great Thanksgiving and I hope you did, too. Meditation for me is important though I do not do it as often now. Also I said that God doesn't deal in gray areas because there are none for Him. It's different with the limited mind of man and his limited time of living. Trying to understand an eternal, omniscient and omnipotent being will bring gray areas into the mind and life of those who try and understand Him. Our limitations ensure we will have these gray areas.

GC

Thanks for your response, GC.  Regarding the part in bold and the statements following it, given the extremely advanced nature of your deity, how would you be able to differentiate between "existing without gray areas" and "existing with gray areas that are beyond human understanding"? Hence, is it possible that the perception of the Christian deity as "having no gray areas" may actually be indicative of the limitation of the human mind to comprehend actual gray areas that exist within such a highly advanced being?

Messages In This Thread
RE: How and why can people ignore their God’s immoral ways? - by Kernel Sohcahtoa - November 24, 2017 at 3:00 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A thing about religious (and other) people and the illusion of free will ShinyCrystals 265 14786 December 6, 2023 at 12:21 am
Last Post: Harry Haller
  Why people remain in cultlike religious communities Won2blv 6 690 April 1, 2022 at 7:59 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  The soft toys parents hope connect kids to their faith zebo-the-fat 13 1320 October 31, 2021 at 3:50 am
Last Post: Paleophyte
  If god can't lie, does that mean he can't do everything? Foxaèr 184 13495 September 10, 2021 at 4:20 pm
Last Post: Dundee
  Why do some people condone hell? SuicideCommando01 45 5872 May 22, 2020 at 6:14 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Ways to Get Into Heaven! Or Whatever You Believe in! Jade-Green Stone 14 2625 January 24, 2019 at 2:54 pm
Last Post: deanabiepepler
  This Will Cause Believers To Lose Their Shit Minimalist 36 8763 March 30, 2018 at 11:14 am
Last Post: sdelsolray
  Christians and Their Homework! chimp3 78 9519 March 6, 2018 at 2:40 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  Republicans seem hell bent on proving their god does not exist Foxaèr 7 2338 December 23, 2017 at 4:23 am
Last Post: WinterHold
  People assuming you believe in a God Der/die AtheistIn 35 10528 July 19, 2017 at 10:24 am
Last Post: Astonished