Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 26, 2024, 12:58 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do religious people justify raising and slaughtering animals for food?
RE: How do religious people justify raising and slaughtering animals for food?
(December 2, 2017 at 4:21 am)Little Rik Wrote:
(December 1, 2017 at 11:33 pm)Jörmungandr Wrote: Wrong!

Wrong again yog.
All really depends about your body-mind, about your ethnic group and other things as well.
Take many Hindus. For countless generations eat only veg. food and they are ok.
No b12 supplements and yet they are ok. It is all in the mind yog. West medicine know very little about the mind. In the west is a different story. For countless generations peoples eat meat and obviously their bodies takes time to make the change so b12 supplement are important. I follow mother nature system. I see how herbivores do. They eat grass yet their flesh is loaded with b12. Guess why yog?
It is beacause microorganisms are all around the grass so when animals eat the grass they also eat microorganisms that are loaded with b12. I do something similar. When I pick up vegies and herbs from my garden I do not wash them unless they are muddy or dirty after the rain. No need to eat meat yog yet after a life time that I don t eat meat I am quite healthy.

Quote:Indian vegetarians are mostly lacto-vegetarians or ovo lacto-vegetarians and dairy products have always been their main source of B12. Also, most Indians accumulate variety of B12-producing gut flora from unclean environments they are exposed to (e.g, uncleaned vegetables, fruits, and water).

That being said, it would be wrong to assume that Indian vegetarians are doing fine for generations. B12 and other nutritional deficiencies are very common in India, more so in vegetarians, especially women, elderly or poor. Many cases of chronic B12 deficiency in Indians are either asymptomatic or undiagnosed.

By the way, you're Australian, not Indian, so the gut flora argument doesn't work for you. All you're accomplishing is exposing yourself to contaminants. Studies show that Indians abroad, removed from their native environment, exhibit high levels of nutritional deficiency.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
RE: How do religious people justify raising and slaughtering animals for food? - by Angrboda - December 2, 2017 at 7:21 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Stupid things religious people say Foxaèr 1162 82456 4 hours ago
Last Post: arewethereyet
  A thing about religious (and other) people and the illusion of free will ShinyCrystals 265 13547 December 6, 2023 at 12:21 am
Last Post: Harry Haller
  Why people remain in cultlike religious communities Won2blv 6 673 April 1, 2022 at 7:59 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  How do christens justify child molestation? AngryAtheist666 47 3971 February 15, 2021 at 5:28 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Noah and animals AniKoferBo 52 3596 January 28, 2021 at 8:36 pm
Last Post: no one
  Religious people in the medical field Foxaèr 35 7142 November 11, 2018 at 10:54 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  Are religious people really afraid of death? Alexmahone 36 5103 July 3, 2018 at 12:50 pm
Last Post: purplepurpose
  Religious texts used to manipulate people Foxaèr 13 3882 June 10, 2018 at 8:15 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Do Nonhuman Animals Have Souls? chimp3 42 6979 April 13, 2018 at 2:35 pm
Last Post: JackRussell
  Sacred and unclean animals zebo-the-fat 14 3379 July 23, 2017 at 8:33 pm
Last Post: chimp3