Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 2, 2024, 1:39 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Theists: What do you mean when you say that God is 'perfect'?
RE: Theists: What do you mean when you say that God is 'perfect'?
(December 9, 2017 at 1:42 am)AtlasS33 Wrote:
(December 9, 2017 at 1:37 am)possibletarian Wrote: Why would a perfect creator test his creation?
That implies degree of the unknown, when we test things it's an admittance of incomplete knowledge as to whether what we have made is up to the task.

In order to be "perfect"; he must be perfect in terms of justice; too.
Compulsion is no way of perfection, the creations that have consciousness must decide themselves where they want to be; hell or heaven, without compulsion.

Hell is the justified final destination for anybody choosing the wrong answer.

(December 9, 2017 at 1:37 am)possibletarian Wrote: Why would a perfect creator test his creation?
That implies degree of the unknown, when we test things it's an admittance of incomplete knowledge as to whether what we have made is up to the task.  I can understand this being a human concept, but not the work of a perfect creator.

God knows the future of everything. But for the future to be justified; it must run and happen.
He won't be just if he compulsively enforced the track. He would be a puppet master then.

Which makes our own imaging of God quite lame. God looks to me as more of an eternal system, not devised by anyone and not like anything else. Not created and like anything we even saw or knew.

Yes i agree our image of god is very lame, I assume god could create perfect beings, but choose for some reason not to for the sake of a 'perfect' justice. Makes no sense to me at all, how can you create being you know will not be perfect, then test them knowing they will fail when you could have made them to pass the test in the first pace ?

Why would creating perfect beings be coercive in any way ?
'Those who ask a lot of questions may seem stupid, but those who don't ask questions stay stupid'

Messages In This Thread
RE: Theists: What do you mean when you say that God is 'perfect'? - by possibletarian - December 9, 2017 at 1:58 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Stupid things religious people say Foxaèr 1169 85557 29 minutes ago
Last Post: Ferrocyanide
  If god can't lie, does that mean he can't do everything? Foxaèr 184 13278 September 10, 2021 at 4:20 pm
Last Post: Dundee
  What does "Separation of Church and State" mean? Brian37 54 3298 March 9, 2021 at 3:51 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Theists, tell me, an atheist, why your God has neglected to show himself to me? ignoramus 75 25411 March 5, 2021 at 6:49 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  If artificial super intelligence erases humans, will theists see this as God's plan? Face2face 24 5391 March 5, 2021 at 6:40 am
  Am I right to assume, that theists cannot prove that I am not god? Vast Vision 116 33729 March 5, 2021 at 6:39 am
  Is God weaker than theists imagine, and is mankind stronger? invalid 6 2394 March 5, 2021 at 6:38 am
  Theists: how do you account for psychopaths? robvalue 288 42215 March 5, 2021 at 6:37 am
  What will you say to God when you stand before him? The Valkyrie 78 9214 March 5, 2021 at 12:57 am
Last Post: Lightbearer
  Are there any theists here who think God wants, or will take care of, Global Warming? Duty 16 3640 January 19, 2020 at 11:50 am
Last Post: Smedders