Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 1, 2024, 2:20 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ohio bans doctors from performing Down Syndrome abortions
RE: Ohio bans doctors from performing Down Syndrome abortions
1. There is a difference between not having a conscience yet  and  being in a different state of  an already existent conscience . So this fails . 

2. If my slumber was violating someone else's  body . Then i would not begrudge them for killing me . 

3. This sounds like the tired "would you like to have liked to been aborted " If the price of my birth is the endangerment of women and the loss of their reproductive say . Then my life is not worth it . 

4. Yup a fetus is parasitic tissue . That does not mean you cannot miss it.

(December 24, 2017 at 10:05 am)Brian37 Wrote:
(December 24, 2017 at 9:21 am)Catholic_Lady Wrote: Then perhaps both sides are in the wrong.

"I am pro life. That means that I’m also pro social justice.

That means that I am not only for the dignity of the human being from the moment of conception, but also for the dignity of the human being until the natural end of life. For life does not end with birth. A person who is truly pro life is pro all life, pro every stage of life, pro every stage of life for every person. For all human life is sacred, because it is created by God.

That means that I support anything that helps a person live a full, healthy and satisfying life, in every part of the world. So I am for care for the poor, for a living wage, for affordable health care, for adequate housing, for a humane work environment, for equal pay for women, for generous child care, for the support of the aged and the infirm.

That means I support caring for the marginalized among us: the refugee, the immigrant, the displaced person, the homeless, the unemployed, the person with disabilities, the single mother, women who are abused, minorities of every kind who are persecuted, and all those who feel left out, mocked, lonely, ignored or frightened.

That means that I am against torture, because it is an affront to human dignity. I am against the death penalty, the most serious affront to an adult life. I am against abuse and mistreatment in prisons. I am against war as a way to solve problems.

That means I respect the lives of all creatures, and am therefore for the care of the world in which we live, for the environment in the broadest sense.

That means I am pro peace, pro justice and pro reconciliation.

The longer I am a Jesuit, the longer I am a priest, the longer I live, and the more I pray and listen and observe, the more convinced I am of the sanctity and beauty of life.

So, yes, I am pro life. Pro all life. I hope you are too."

-Father James Martin

I can't further participate in this thread.

Tell yourself that's not how a 20 week baby is aborted, if it makes you feel better about supporting it. I went to nursing school. That's how it's done.

CL, I AM PRO mind your own business. I am pro QUALITY of life after birth. That means in order to effectively take care of kids so they don't end up in unstable conditions, THE CLIMATE of society as a WHOLE allows parents to be home to monitor what their children do. Outside that, it is CRUEL to females especially if their lives are at risk, to demand they give birth.

I gave you a practical way of reducing abortions. Banning them will only put more lives at risk. 

The far right are not trying to ban abortions out of any compassionate reason. It is SOLELY a bullshit religion excuse to control bodies they don't own the same way Muslims make women dress in tents. 

NOBODY on our side is throwing a party when females get to the point of considering one. I think you know me well enough over the years you have known me to know I am not a monster. I AM NOT your enemy and you know that. 

THE BEST WAY to REDUCE, and that is all you can do in reality, the best way to reduce abortions is to empower females and families economically and education wise. But you will NOT get rid if it PERIOD. Let the doctor and female decide outside that.

Indeed abortion bans DO NOTHING !!!!
Seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy -- myself.

Inuit Proverb

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ohio bans doctors from performing Down Syndrome abortions - by Amarok - December 24, 2017 at 10:09 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Burning down the House Brian37 12 1224 December 11, 2020 at 8:22 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Michigan Bans Open Carry of Firearms at Polling Places onlinebiker 101 6352 October 29, 2020 at 8:48 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  California High Capacity Magazine Ban Shot Down. onlinebiker 73 2764 August 25, 2020 at 1:37 am
Last Post: Peebothuhlu
  St. Louis attorneys draw down on protestors passing by. Gawdzilla Sama 97 6088 July 20, 2020 at 9:10 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Ohio At It Again BrianSoddingBoru4 16 1127 December 1, 2019 at 12:19 am
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  More religious liberty in Ohio brewer 42 2906 November 21, 2019 at 12:37 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Michigan Bans Flavored E Cigarettes onlinebiker 48 3931 September 13, 2019 at 1:49 pm
Last Post: Aegon
  Nine killed in Dayton, Ohio EgoDeath 120 8993 August 14, 2019 at 10:33 pm
Last Post: EgoDeath
  Bounty Hunters found not guilty in case of gunning down innocent black man Cecelia 21 1553 August 3, 2019 at 8:49 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  FB bans 'dangerous' individuals Foxaèr 155 9622 May 13, 2019 at 2:37 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4