Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 20, 2024, 9:00 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Michigan Bans Flavored E Cigarettes
Michigan Bans Flavored E Cigarettes
Governor Whitmer (D) used emergency powers to place a ban on the sale of flavored e-cigarettes.

https://beta.washingtonpost.com/health/m...utType=amp

I doubt the ban will hold.

I didn't vote for her ( and wouldn't... Her "fix the damned roads" tagline mark her as an opportunistic politician).

But - good for her. Those "vaping" products should never have been an OTC sale.. RX? Fine.
RE: Michigan Bans Flavored E Cigarettes
(September 4, 2019 at 5:08 pm)onlinebiker Wrote: Governor Whitmer (D) used emergency powers to place a ban on the sale of flavored e-cigarettes.

I didn't vote for her ( and wouldn't... Her "fix the damned roads" tagline mark her as an opportunistic politician).

But - good for her. Those "vaping" products should never have been an OTC sale.. RX? Fine.

I don't understand the reason for the ban.  I do agree that deceptive advertising as "these are a safe alternative" type stuff should be banned.  But how are these more of a health risk than cigarettes?  In Texas you need to be 21 to buy cigarettes or e-cigs.  Why is this not a sufficient restriction if the known affects are divulged?
(September 4, 2019 at 5:27 pm)Vince Wrote:
(September 4, 2019 at 5:08 pm)onlinebiker Wrote: Governor Whitmer (D) used emergency powers to place a ban on the sale of flavored e-cigarettes.

I don't understand the reason for the ban.  I do agree that deceptive advertising as "these are a safe alternative" type stuff should be banned.  But how are these more of a health risk than cigarettes?  In Texas you need to be 21 to buy cigarettes or e-cigs.  Why is this not a sufficient restriction if the known affects are divulged?
They are selling nicotine - a known poison. It is mixed with unknown chemicals - and add candy flavorings to it.

Reason? To make addicts out of kids.

You don't see a problem, huh?
And?

Vaping has been falsely sold as safer than traditional tobacco.

It does get rid of carbon inhalation, but it replaces it with chemical inhalation. If you are boiling chemicals you are not making your lungs free from damage.
(September 4, 2019 at 5:36 pm)onlinebiker Wrote:
(September 4, 2019 at 5:27 pm)Vince Wrote: I don't understand the reason for the ban.  I do agree that deceptive advertising as "these are a safe alternative" type stuff should be banned.  But how are these more of a health risk than cigarettes?  In Texas you need to be 21 to buy cigarettes or e-cigs.  Why is this not a sufficient restriction if the known affects are divulged?
They are selling nicotine - a known poison. It is mixed with unknown chemicals - and add candy flavorings to it.

Are they also banning menthol cigarettes and flavoured cigars?

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(September 4, 2019 at 5:36 pm)onlinebiker Wrote:
(September 4, 2019 at 5:27 pm)Vince Wrote: I don't understand the reason for the ban.  I do agree that deceptive advertising as "these are a safe alternative" type stuff should be banned.  But how are these more of a health risk than cigarettes?  In Texas you need to be 21 to buy cigarettes or e-cigs.  Why is this not a sufficient restriction if the known affects are divulged?

I agree that advertising to people under 21 or 18 should be restricted as well as false advertising.  But how can you ban these substances for adults if they know the health risks or even if they don't care.  Why ban e-cigs but not cigarettes?
(September 4, 2019 at 5:39 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(September 4, 2019 at 5:36 pm)onlinebiker Wrote: They are selling nicotine - a known poison. It is mixed with unknown chemicals - and add candy flavorings to it.

Are they also banning menthol cigarettes and flavoured cigars?

Boru

Don' t you think they should?
(September 4, 2019 at 5:54 pm)onlinebiker Wrote:
(September 4, 2019 at 5:39 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Are they also banning menthol cigarettes and flavoured cigars?

Boru

Don' t you think they should?

Absolutely not.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(September 4, 2019 at 5:55 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(September 4, 2019 at 5:54 pm)onlinebiker Wrote: Don' t you think they should?

Absolutely not.

Boru

So 480,000 Americans dying a year - directly related to tobacco products is an acceptable number - to ensure people's rights to be addicted to a product with no redeeming qualities?
(September 4, 2019 at 6:00 pm)onlinebiker Wrote:
(September 4, 2019 at 5:55 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Absolutely not.

Boru

So 480,000 Americans dying a year - directly related to tobacco products is an acceptable number - to ensure people's rights to be addicted to a product with no redeeming qualities?

Yup.  What an adult puts into their own body is their own bloody business.

Boru

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Guns banned in Michigan State Capitol. onlinebiker 52 2959 January 13, 2021 at 7:37 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Michigan Bans Open Carry of Firearms at Polling Places onlinebiker 101 5426 October 29, 2020 at 8:48 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  What do e-cigarettes cost? EgoDeath 1 446 September 16, 2019 at 3:51 pm
Last Post: A. Secular Human
  FB bans 'dangerous' individuals Foxaèr 155 9190 May 13, 2019 at 2:37 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  New Zealand Bans Assault Weapons chimp3 61 5772 March 28, 2019 at 8:05 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  New Zealand Bans Manifesto BrianSoddingBoru4 74 6447 March 24, 2019 at 9:00 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Ohio bans doctors from performing Down Syndrome abortions c172 234 30364 January 1, 2018 at 6:59 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Trump Administration bans CDC from using terms like "Science Based" and "Transgender" Cecelia 38 4857 December 20, 2017 at 6:54 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Michigan Pedophile Rapist Gets joint custody of son of one of his rape victims Divinity 23 6214 October 10, 2017 at 8:23 am
Last Post: GUBU
  Good news from Flint Michigan dyresand 22 4252 January 26, 2017 at 5:50 pm
Last Post: Secular Elf