Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: October 3, 2026, 2:18 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Can somebody give me a good argument in favor of objective morality?
#7
RE: Can somebody give me a good argument in favor of objective morality?
Why would there be objectively bad or good things outside of morality...but not within it? I really cant stress enough that the issue of moral realism is not whether we form subjective moral opinions. That's the most common and most central misunderstanding of the position. We do that. The question of moral realism is whether or not those opinions accurately report relevant facts. They may not have any special significance at the scale of the universe, or the solar system...but they only need to be significant within the much smaller realm of us to be what they purport to be.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Reply



Messages In This Thread
RE: Can somebody give me a good argument in favor of objective morality? - by The Grand Nudger - March 14, 2018 at 3:23 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  An Argument Against Determinism Disagreeable 32 6179 March 13, 2026 at 9:11 pm
Last Post: Disagreeable
  The Kalam Cosmological Argument Disagreeable 123 32658 December 15, 2024 at 6:11 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  The classic ontological argument Modern Atheism 20 5322 October 3, 2024 at 12:45 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  The modal ontological argument for God Disagreeable 29 7978 August 10, 2024 at 8:57 pm
Last Post: MetisX
  Beauty, Morality, God, and a Table FrustratedFool 23 8246 October 8, 2023 at 1:35 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  The argument from degree LinuxGal 9 2857 January 1, 2023 at 12:14 am
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  On theism, why do humans have moral duties even if there are objective moral values? Pnerd 37 11737 May 24, 2022 at 11:49 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Understanding the rudiment has much to give helps free that mind for further work. highdimensionman 16 4393 May 24, 2022 at 6:31 am
Last Post: highdimensionman
  Veridican Argument for the Existence of God The Veridican 14 5674 January 16, 2022 at 4:48 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Is Moral Nihilism a Morality? vulcanlogician 140 37626 July 17, 2019 at 11:50 am
Last Post: DLJ



Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)