Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 3, 2024, 12:27 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Open discussion of the Christian Why We're Here thread
RE: Open discussion of the Christian Why We're Here thread
I liked Neo's post least of all. It was worse than Drich's!

I mean, look at what he says here:

Neo Wrote: I see knowledge as a means to an end, not an end unto itself.

That's the problem with your whole view on things, Neo!

It totally sums up how he cares about the Christian agenda more than knowing the truth itself. If his aim was to seek out knowledge for its own sake perhaps he wouldn't be so ignorant of the fact that his faith was a load of bollocks and certainly not worth being made the aim of knowledge.

The other especially pathetic part was this:

Neo Wrote: The Light dwells in the darkness and the darkness knew it not. This lot have put blankets of falsity over their windows having already closed their eyes to truth.

LMAO. Belief and disbelief don't even work like that. You can't choose to shut yourself off from the belief or disbelief when you perceive the evidence or lack thereof. Belief/disbelief is not a choice. The only way truth can really be avoided intentionally is indirectly via things such as confirmation bias. i.e. by seeking knowledge only when it suit your own aims... rather than seeking knowledge for its own sake. Just like he recommends! What he is advocating is confirmation bias! And ironically indirectly doing the very thing he is misaccusing atheists of doing.

Oneself is very much underwhelmed.

So far what I've learned from this is I like CL as much as ever... and I dislike all the others (except RR who hasn't posted yet) slightly less... and dislike Neo slightly more.

And as for this question:

Neo Wrote: As such, if you have no ambitions beyond educating yourself such as overcoming objections of non-believers so they may come to Christ or strengthening your faith to be more effective in other missions?

It didn't even make any sense lol.

If CL has no ambitions beyond that... then what? He's completely missing the then part. If you have no ambitions besides X so they may Y then ??????????

Lol.

I encourage everyone to click on the green arrows in the quote boxes to go to his post that I've extracted the quotes from so you can get the full context of what he is saying here. You'll also note that it doesn't make any of his statements or questions any less silly.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Open discussion of the Christian Why We're Here thread - by Edwardo Piet - May 5, 2018 at 2:22 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Peterson's 12 Rules for Life v2.0-- actual book discussion bennyboy 238 19448 October 8, 2018 at 3:20 am
Last Post: GrandizerII
  Why I'm here: a Muslim. My Philosophy in life. What is yours;Muslim? WinterHold 43 8690 May 27, 2018 at 12:20 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
Thumbs Up VOTE HERE: Final four questions for the Christian Debate vulcanlogician 43 4600 May 18, 2018 at 10:23 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Open challenge regarding the supernatural robvalue 38 6274 May 20, 2015 at 11:53 pm
Last Post: Faith No More
  "Everything has a cause and an explanation" discussion. Pizza 66 15433 February 22, 2015 at 11:59 am
Last Post: The Reality Salesman01
  Discussion on debate between Esquilax and His_Majesty. Esquilax 169 31507 November 16, 2014 at 2:43 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  Discussion w/ a Theist RE: Premarital Sex StealthySkeptic 110 20116 August 14, 2014 at 12:09 pm
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  So, why are we here .. on this forum? Whateverist 69 21325 June 5, 2013 at 10:25 am
Last Post: dazzn
  Do we own our own lives? A discussion on the morality of suicide and voluntary slavery. Kirbmarc 36 14572 December 13, 2012 at 8:08 pm
Last Post: naimless
  Open Debate Challenge: Historical Jesus DeistPaladin 0 1687 May 10, 2012 at 3:11 pm
Last Post: DeistPaladin