Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 1:03 am

Poll: Which questions would you like to see the Christians address?
This poll is closed.
Question: 1-Why weren't the Muslims and Jews invited to your thread?
13.64%
6 13.64%
Question: 2-Why does God appear to know only what the writers of the Bible know?
22.73%
10 22.73%
Question: 3-At what age do children stop getting a free pass?
9.09%
4 9.09%
Question: 4-What is your view of Muslims?
4.55%
2 4.55%
Question: 5-Do you feel that by associating with atheists you are not putting Christ first?
18.18%
8 18.18%
Question: 6-What if God doesn't actually exist?
31.82%
14 31.82%
Total 44 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
VOTE HERE: Final four questions for the Christian Debate
Thumbs Up 
VOTE HERE: Final four questions for the Christian Debate
Okay, so the question submission thread has taken on a life of its own, and people seemed to not kudos the questions they liked as I hoped they would. So let's have a vote! You can pick multiple options in this poll. Please vote for the questions you'd like to see answered in the debate. Also, if you submitted a question and would like it to be reworded, let me know in this thread or via PM.

Thanks,

Vulcan

Question 1
(May 7, 2018 at 2:51 am)Mathilda Wrote: Why weren't the Muslims and Jews invited to your thread? After all, Islam and Judaism are also monotheistic Abrahamic religions, which is about the only thing you can say about all of Christianity's sects and cults. Is it because you think the only alternative to atheism is your own brand of theism?

Question 2
(May 8, 2018 at 7:58 pm)chimp3 Wrote: Why does God appear to know only what the writers of the Bible know?
Question 3
(May 12, 2018 at 1:13 pm)Jörmungandr Wrote:
(May 12, 2018 at 12:38 pm)Catholic_Lady Wrote: No one believes children are going to Hell. Let's stop with the straws.
At what age do children stop getting a free pass?  What's the biblical support for that?
Question 4
(May 12, 2018 at 8:54 pm)AtlasS33 Wrote: What is your view in Muslims? What do you think about them as Christians?
Question 5
(May 6, 2018 at 5:52 am)Jörmungandr Wrote: "Do you feel that by associating with atheists on an atheist site you are not putting Christ first in your lives?"
Question 6
(May 17, 2018 at 10:38 am)Kit Wrote: What if god never existed at all and early man concocted him from the imagination for the sake of comfort during a time of overwhelming uncertainty?
RE: VOTE HERE: Final four questions for the Christian Debate
Voted.
What jews lmao
[Image: nL4L1haz_Qo04rZMFtdpyd1OZgZf9NSnR9-7hAWT...dc2a24480e]
Do we have any religious Jews here? I can't recall ever having a religious Jew on the forums.
[Image: dcep7c.jpg]
I voted as well.
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh
(May 17, 2018 at 2:47 pm)CapnAwesome Wrote: Do we have any religious  Jews here? I can't recall ever having a religious Jew on the forums.

It's funny because I always forget that there really aren't that many Jews in the world because I live in downstate NY where everybody is at least half-Jewish.
[Image: nL4L1haz_Qo04rZMFtdpyd1OZgZf9NSnR9-7hAWT...dc2a24480e]
(May 17, 2018 at 3:12 pm)Aegon Wrote:
(May 17, 2018 at 2:47 pm)CapnAwesome Wrote: Do we have any religious  Jews here? I can't recall ever having a religious Jew on the forums.

It's funny because I always forget that there really aren't that many Jews in the world because I live in downstate NY where everybody is at least half-Jewish.

Yeah, but there are atheist jews on the forums. I'm a little jewy myself. But a religious jew? I can't recall one on here.
What is an atheist Jew?
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh
(May 17, 2018 at 3:57 pm)Catholic_Lady Wrote: What is an atheist Jew?

A person of Jewish ancestry that does not believe that God exists.
(May 17, 2018 at 3:57 pm)Catholic_Lady Wrote: What is an atheist Jew?

An Atheist of Jewish decent. Accord to Jews, you are a Jew regardless of your beliefs if you are born to a Jewish mother and you can never stop being Jewish, because that is all predetermined by god. So you can be a jew and an atheist or a jew and have whatever other beliefs. There are also a few ethnic groups, Ashkenazi (european jews) and Sephardic (middle eastern jews) that people identify as being "Jewish." They are distinct enough you can tell with a dna test, because Jews only married other Jews for so many centuries.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Free Will Debate Alan V 82 4183 November 27, 2021 at 7:08 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Debate Invitation John 6IX Breezy 3 661 September 1, 2019 at 2:05 pm
Last Post: John 6IX Breezy
  Open discussion of the Christian Why We're Here thread Whateverist 598 64066 June 12, 2018 at 6:29 pm
Last Post: SaStrike
  1st Call for Christian Only Debate: Our Role on AF Neo-Scholastic 132 16633 May 4, 2018 at 12:11 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  The Definitive Post On The Free Will v. Determinism Debate BrianSoddingBoru4 17 3193 September 3, 2016 at 11:20 pm
Last Post: Arkilogue
  Would you vote for a Roman Catholic? TrueChristian 56 7734 January 6, 2016 at 1:25 pm
Last Post: TrueChristian
  Debate Challenge TruthisGod 127 19029 November 20, 2015 at 2:13 am
Last Post: Neo-Scholastic
  Hello, Anyone interested in a debate? Anima 355 76963 July 8, 2015 at 4:43 pm
Last Post: Anima
  Moral realism vs moral anti-realism debate is a moot point Pizza 1 1025 March 7, 2015 at 8:13 pm
Last Post: CapnAwesome
  Discussion on debate between Esquilax and His_Majesty. Esquilax 169 30474 November 16, 2014 at 2:43 am
Last Post: Minimalist