Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 4:39 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why I'm here: a Muslim. My Philosophy in life. What is yours;Muslim?
Why I'm here: a Muslim. My Philosophy in life. What is yours;Muslim?
I saw the topic of  Christian-only why-we're-here discussion 
and thought about giving an explanation and a story for my presence here, its reasons and my goals.

Other Muslim members can dearly explain why they're here; too.

I'm a Muslim individual living in the Middle East; I saw lots of failure and negativity on a cultural scale that led me from my youth to look to the outside for everything: from entertainment to language, of course I wasn't alone in this: most of my region is just like that.
Lifestyle becomes a mixture of religious practices, customs and habits imported from the outside, all I can say is that where I grew up there is no culture, what is there is the remains of what was once a culture, mixed with different religious affiliations.

Islam has no command center or a single leader; since the fall of the Ottoman Empire after World War 1, Muslims have been a defeated nation that holds so much anger alongside the bitterness of defeat. Nobody is more broken than a Muslim if you studied us carefully. It's an inferiority complex in its purest form: and inferiority complexes are usually masked by a thick layer of superiority complex.

Though; a broken person will be used. It's a must; who sees a broken person and resist the temptation of using them? you need to be a very good person not to use them, so a broken person will be used. And the defeated Muslims got used, sometimes by their own free will, sometimes by the hands of their own kin, sometimes by the hands of outsiders.

The religious institution though -in both its Sunni and Shiite forms- was one of the biggest abusers of the local populations: oppressing women, working as cutthroats for the local dictators and subduing the local population through drugging it with religious opium.

I'm here to change what outsiders think about the Middle East. I'm here to throw my hand against the dictators of my regions, and the religious institutions of the Middle East, and show people what the Quran really said.
RE: Why I'm here: a Muslim. My Philosophy in life. What is yours;Muslim?
Even if you had 100% accurate views of the Quran, no one should take you as representative of Quran or a means to understand God's book and miracle and proof of his path.

But this includes everyone who doesn't have proof from God. 

I have no right to claim people should center their attention to me and I will guide them for example.

Anyone who relies on other then God and his rope for guidance will be misguided.

Even this statements,  I am not an authority regarding them nor the means to be relied on for them to be proven.
(May 6, 2018 at 6:09 pm)MysticKnight Wrote: Even if you had 100% accurate views of the Quran, no one should take you as representative of Quran or a means to understand God's book and miracle and proof of his path.

But this includes everyone who doesn't have proof from God. 

I have no right to claim people should center their attention to me and I will guide them for example.

Anyone who relies on other then God and his rope for guidance will be misguided.

Even this statements,  I am not an authority regarding them nor the means to be relied on for them to be proven.

Please stick to the context of the topic:

Quote:I saw the topic of  Christian-only why-we're-here discussion 
and thought about giving an explanation and a story for my presence here, its reasons and my goals.

Other Muslim members can dearly explain why they're here; too.
I'm here because I am addicted to chatting online. It's a useless thing I've done for too long.

Wisdom comes through silence, not chatting and debating all the time.
Thanks Atlas. I was disappointed that the other theists weren't invited into that thread so it's good to see a new thread starting for the non-christian theists. It would certainly have made the thread more interesting and have broken up their echo chamber.
(May 6, 2018 at 6:04 pm)AtlasS33 Wrote: I'm here to change what outsiders think about the Middle East. I'm here to throw my hand against the dictators of my regions, and the religious institutions of the Middle East, and show people what the Quran really said.

A laudable goal.  Do you think you've done much to accomplish it?
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(May 6, 2018 at 6:20 pm)MysticKnight Wrote: I'm here because I am addicted to chatting online. It's a useless thing I've done for too long.

Depends what you chat about Smile
(May 7, 2018 at 2:22 am)Mathilda Wrote: Thanks Atlas. I was disappointed that the other theists weren't invited into that thread so it's good to see a new thread starting for the non-christian theists. It would certainly have made the thread more interesting and have broken up their echo chamber.

You're welcome Mathilda; I also hoped if the motives of all theists were shared in the topic, it's interesting to know the motives of each, for the sake of the curiosity that killed the cat.

(May 7, 2018 at 7:34 am)Mathilda Wrote:
(May 6, 2018 at 6:20 pm)MysticKnight Wrote: I'm here because I am addicted to chatting online. It's a useless thing I've done for too long.

Depends what you chat about Smile

Proper chatting involves silence, anyways. They are mutually inclusive
Can you please NOT shit on the philosophy section by putting this stupid thread here?
(May 7, 2018 at 5:23 pm)bennyboy Wrote: Can you please NOT shit on the philosophy section by putting this stupid thread here?

No.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How worthless is Philosophy? vulcanlogician 125 4880 February 27, 2024 at 7:57 pm
Last Post: Belacqua
  Philosophy Recommendations Harry Haller 21 1292 January 5, 2024 at 10:58 am
Last Post: HappySkeptic
  The Philosophy Of Stupidity. disobey 51 3345 July 27, 2023 at 3:02 am
Last Post: Carl Hickey
  Hippie philosophy Fake Messiah 19 1531 January 21, 2023 at 1:56 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  [Serious] Generally speaking, is philosophy a worthwhile subject of study? Disagreeable 238 11803 May 21, 2022 at 10:38 am
Last Post: highdimensionman
  My philosophy about Religion SuicideCommando01 18 2513 April 5, 2020 at 9:52 pm
Last Post: SuicideCommando01
  High level philosophy robvalue 46 4824 November 1, 2018 at 10:44 pm
Last Post: DLJ
  Open discussion of the Christian Why We're Here thread Whateverist 598 64073 June 12, 2018 at 6:29 pm
Last Post: SaStrike
  The Philosophy of Mind: Zombies, "radical emergence" and evidence of non-experiential Edwardo Piet 82 11543 April 29, 2018 at 1:57 am
Last Post: bennyboy
  Revolution in Philosophy? Jehanne 11 2252 April 4, 2018 at 9:01 am
Last Post: Jehanne