Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 30, 2024, 7:39 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Theists - I want to know what you think
RE: Theists - I want to know what you think
Godscreated Wrote:@ Mister Agenda, how many time has your conversation with Neo in the last few posts been exactly what every Christian here has said to atheist. We all can blame each other for saying this or that and claim we do not disrespect the person but in reality everyone knows that at times nearly everyone here has lost their respect for someone on the opposite side. We all should just fess-up and tell it like it is and quit beating around the bush. Tensions can run high here because there are extreme opposites in opinion and everyone wants to be right and things get said, rightfully or not they hurt and anyone who denies they haven't been hurt in a conversation IMHO are not being truthful. Most Christians here want civil conversation and we try to do so because it is our nature through our belief in God and the atheist doesn't really see that they need to be civil because they believe they have no one to answer to, please do not misunderstand there are atheist here who will be civil to some Christians and some who try to be civil to everyone, atheist and Christian alike, I have two specific ones in mind but want say who so that no one gets their feelings hurt, okay. I've always wanted to have civil conversation with everyone here but at some point things break down and the trash starts. I've l have left here three times to regroup and refresh because I've found myself lowering my standard to a combative stance and it has bothered me because I know it's not who God wants me to be. Bantering back and forth about who did what to whom is no solution, it only contributes to continued battling, we are for the most part adults here and we should stop being children and have conversation in an adult like way, civil. Many atheist say that Christians here are only following goat herders, which is a reference to the crude and uneducated, yet they act like what they claim we are, this is no way to treat people no matter how much they disagree with what we believe. So I am saying to everyone let's get along as fellow human beings and not a bunch of squabbling apes. I believe this has been a good group of Christians and if we were to leave then what would you all do. I can tell you from the behavior you have demonstrated, fight and quarrel. This is exactly why I will not participate in Christian forums, there is no place for that kind of behavior in a forum where they profess a belief in the living God. Almost all Christian forums will jack atheist out so they do not have to deal with their questions and then that leaves them to themselves and then inevitably bad behavior breaks out, it would be no different here. 

GC

What I'm hearing is that I shouldn't expect better from Christians than I do from atheists. I agree with you on that point. Angel

Neo-Scholastic Wrote:
Godscreated Wrote:Most Christians here want civil conversation and we try to do so because it is our nature through our belief in God and the atheist doesn't really see that they need to be civil because they believe they have no one to answer to…

…in the same way Christians get called hypocrites because they often fail to represent Christ by those who adhere to personal standards based only on their subjective whims.

Godscreated Wrote:Many atheist say that Christians here are only following goat herders, which is a reference to the crude and uneducated, yet they act like what they claim we are, this is no way to treat people no matter how much they disagree with what we believe.

Far too many atheists repeatedly refer to our most deeply held convictions and sacred beliefs with comments about “goat herders”, “sky daddy”, “tooth fairy”, “cosmic zombie Jew”, and the like. They justify it by saying that they are not calling ridiculing us personally or Christians or as a whole. They claim they are merely mocking ridiculous ideas and beliefs. It reminds me of a smart-ass dweeb pointing his finger inches from your face and shouting “I’m not touching you!”, “I’m not touching you!”

Because a moral philosophy that isn't yours is a 'subjective whim'. Jerkoff

You've a point about the childish terms.
I'm not anti-Christian. I'm anti-stupid.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Theists - I want to know what you think - by Mister Agenda - May 10, 2018 at 12:01 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  You think Catholics hate Charles Goodyear Woah0 7 1463 August 28, 2022 at 5:43 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  [Serious] What would you want in a church tackattack 44 4895 March 11, 2019 at 10:10 am
Last Post: chimp3
  Who Do You Think Is The Best Christian Of Our Times? BrianSoddingBoru4 14 2208 January 22, 2019 at 11:53 am
Last Post: Drich
  How You Know This Shit Was Written By Men! Minimalist 48 12058 January 4, 2017 at 4:05 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Do you think Epistle of James was written by "James Brother of Jesus" Rolandson 13 2419 December 31, 2016 at 9:39 pm
Last Post: robvalue
  I know what you did last summer. Czechlervitz30 6 1935 August 9, 2016 at 3:27 pm
Last Post: brewer
  What do you think of William Lane Craig? Jehanne 196 29450 January 31, 2016 at 12:50 pm
Last Post: Crossless2.0
  Theists i want a quick forum chat with you dyresand 24 6963 July 25, 2015 at 2:03 am
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Did you know god is a lair so is jesus dyresand 18 4919 July 10, 2015 at 3:21 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Christians/Theists... why is it that ya'll think Harry Potter "bad" xr34p3rx 86 25705 November 5, 2014 at 11:39 am
Last Post: Jenny A