Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 30, 2024, 2:11 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Group prayer on Skype on behalf of our Christian members
RE: Group prayer on Skype on behalf of our Christian members
(May 24, 2018 at 2:07 pm)Huggy74 Wrote: I think you need to learn the difference between the ability to solve problems vs the ability to reason.

Young children have the ability to problem solve, yet we don't hold them responsible for their actions, why?

OK do tell me what the difference is between being able to solve problems vs the ability to reason. And while you're at it, tell me how you solve problems without an ability to reason.

And yes, we do hold children responsible for their actions. Just not as much as adults. But that's because children are still developing, along with their ability to reason and solve problems.

(May 24, 2018 at 2:07 pm)Huggy74 Wrote: Self-taught, ‘superhuman’ AI now even smarter, says creators
Quote:THE computer that stunned humanity by beating the best mortal players at a strategy board game requiring “intuition” has become even smarter, its creators claim.

Quote:Dubbed AlphaGo Zero, the Artificial Intelligence (AI) system learnt by itself, within days, to master the ancient Chinese board game known as “Go” — said to be the most complex two-person challenge ever invented.

It came up with its own, novel moves to eclipse all the Go acumen humans have acquired over thousands of years.

After just three days of self-training it was put to the ultimate test against AlphaGo, its forerunner which previously dethroned the top human champs.

AlphaGo Zero won by 100 games to zero.

“AlphaGo Zero not only rediscovered the common patterns and openings that humans tend to play ... it ultimately discarded them in preference for its own variants which humans don’t even know about or play at the moment,” said AlphaGo lead researcher David Silver.

The 3000-year-old Chinese game played with black and white stones on a board has more move configurations possible than there are atoms in the Universe.

My question to you is, do you belive a computer posses the ability to reason?

Without getting into issues of defining exactly what is meant by an ability to reason, which is actually a layman term that allows someone like you to equivocate. Yes computers can be programmed to reason and have done for many decades now. But certainly not as well as an animal. And that includes AlphaGo Zero.

I'm not even going to bother trying to explain why to you.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Group prayer on Skype on behalf of our Christian members - by I_am_not_mafia - May 24, 2018 at 6:08 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Please help prayer to get maaried soon for my mom heath.! meboxem166 21 2955 April 1, 2023 at 5:52 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Twelve religious group members arrested over Australian girl's death zebo-the-fat 2 738 July 6, 2022 at 2:40 am
Last Post: Brian37
  How can a Christian reject part of the Bible and still call themselves a Christian? KUSA 371 91832 May 3, 2020 at 1:04 am
Last Post: Paleophyte
  Invitation for Atheists to Debate a Christian via Skype LetsDebateThings 121 14107 June 19, 2019 at 6:02 pm
Last Post: LadyForCamus
  Who Do You Think Is The Best Christian Of Our Times? BrianSoddingBoru4 14 2053 January 22, 2019 at 11:53 am
Last Post: Drich
  The Catholic Church has a prayer app zebo-the-fat 5 701 January 21, 2019 at 11:00 am
Last Post: zebo-the-fat
  Intercessory prayer is pointless RobbyPants 93 11015 October 27, 2018 at 6:33 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Far right Catholic group worried about being banned. Jehanne 14 2098 August 24, 2018 at 9:08 am
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  Facetime/skype Drich 43 4224 May 25, 2018 at 5:42 pm
Last Post: emjay
  Lovely Religious Group ThortheMighty 0 723 February 1, 2017 at 8:28 pm
Last Post: ThortheMighty