Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 14, 2024, 5:46 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Lie Known as "Salvation"
RE: The Lie Known as "Salvation"
(June 5, 2018 at 3:32 am)Haipule Wrote: You can point to me 1 lexicon. However, I use 6.
Can I? yes The strong's the Vine's, the blue letter, The wyckliffe, bullwingers is a good one. can you name six?

Quote:I take them all down to my basement and torcher them!
Panic
Quote:Because I want the truth! I want the most simplest understanding of a word, within it's broader and immediate context, with the framework of the grammatical inflection actually penned by the author. So that I can simply understand those words as the illiterate fisherman and farmer did--and kick some ass as they did!
which is foolishness unless you have a historical and social structure along with a strong knowledge of the literate culture verses everyone else.

To assume you can accurately source all of these other materials, and reference the right combination of materials to go with your simple understanding, your simple word would be too simple to give an accurate meaning. Rather you could give that dead language word text or phrase any meaning that you wish. If not held to am imperial standard.

Which is why I suspect you've thrown out your lexicons, so as to not be held to any real standard, and you can make up any crap you like.

What is hard, beyond hard/next to impossible is to make up a doctrine based in the koine that is held to the standards of the fore mentioned lexicons.Unless that is... that doctrine is based in good olde fashion 100% truth.

Quote:All Greek words are a root with alphabet soup, prefixed, or suffixed. If you don't know the "alphabet soup", you don't know jack of what you are talking about!
I got 20+ years making soup sport, and the fact that you are calling the language of the bible Greek means you are trying to BS you way through this. ANYONE who has any time studying this language 1 knows it is dead. tis is not the Greek spoken now, and as such need to be further identified. it has been as this version of the Greek langage is refered to as Koine greek (prounounced koi-ney greek. meaning common greek which was spoken commonly from about the 4th to the 6th century.) So why was it the written language of the bible? 1 arimaic was not an offical language it would be like ebonics or creole. and the koine greek would be the official written language everything in that time period was recorded in.

Now because this language 'died' after the 6th century is the reason we need lexicons. lexicons being like dictionaries but take into account regional social andlitary verses practical usages of a word. in addition to the words transcribed meaning/translated meaning. Why do we need all of this? because you can not account for all the social changes that a word can under go just by taking the dictionary defination of a word.

So to disqualify a lexicon is to disqualify yourself as an intellectually honest person. rather you seek to remove source material that would prohibit you from changing the meanings of these words.

Quote:One of the first words you used is "spiritual". Make me puke! That word is the adjective form of pneuma which is pneumatikos. pneuma can refer to living breath or, the intellect breathed into you from an exterior source.

The English word transliterated from pneuma, as an adjective is pneumatic, and can refer to anything such as a hammer, or drill; that works from compressed air, or gas!
but what does the word SPIRITUAL IN THE ENGLISH MEAN???? Does it mean hammer or drill? So why translate my word to the greek which gives you a prefix then take the prefix and apply it to what i said to change the meaning???? are you seriously this broken?

In the english Spiritual means
spir·it·u·al
ˈspiriCH(o͞o)əl/Submit
adjective
relating to or affecting the human spirit or soul as opposed to material or physical things.
"I'm responsible for his spiritual welfare"
synonyms: nonmaterial, incorporeal, intangible; More
relating to religion or religious belief.
"the tribe's spiritual leader"
synonyms: religious, sacred, divine, holy, nonsecular, church, ecclesiastical, faith-based, devotional
"spiritual writings"

So because I used the english word in an english sentence it does NOT give you the liberty to translate it into another language so you can extrapolate a different meaning other than what I intended. I can see how you would do this to change the intended meaning of the bible, without a lexicon holding your translation to task!
Quote:That word pneuma(pneO = breath--blast of the nostrils + -ma which views the word from it's state or effect) is erroneously translated for you as, "spirit". When it ALWAYS refers to an external life breath or, external intellect! ALWAYS!!! And often simply refers to written Scripture which is exterior to you as opposed to psuchE(natural breath/intellect that you were born with) which is internal. And for some crazy ass reason, the translators thought that "soul", was a good translation of psuchE which has a verb form which is psuchO! Really, does the "soul" have a verb form?

Our English word "spirit" is transliterated from the Latin "spiritus" which means: breath. Jerome translated both ruwack(Hebrew) and pneuma(Greek)  correctly as "spiritus" into Latin and also means breath as breathing life or, intellect--and NEVER "spirit"!

So you have been taught every erroneous lie about "spirit" and not one of those asshole ever taught you to just simply breath!

Whereas, I am a pneumatic man(pneumatikos--adjective) living according to the theopnustos = God-breathed Scriptures living life pneumatikOs(adverb), pneumatically according the pneuma breath of God which is the the God Breathed Scripture!

Wicked man that I am!
Maybe, but I would think you more stupid than wicked.

For instance...

When I said spiritual why did you translate it back into the greek (not koine but greek?)
Are we speaking greek?
was I trying to draw from the Greek understanding of the word? No I used the English understand of the word spiritual. I never once mentioned or reference any part of the entomology. I meant what I said, to change that is a dishonest interpretation of what I said.

Your inability to discern the English use of the word is EXACTLY WHY you Need a lexicon. (If you can not extrapolate an English to English interpretation how in the world can your ability to translate span cultures and several centuries of a dead language?

Messages In This Thread
The Lie Known as "Salvation" - by Haipule - June 3, 2018 at 5:45 pm
RE: The Lie Known as "Salvation" - by Foxaèr - June 3, 2018 at 5:49 pm
RE: The Lie Known as "Salvation" - by Haipule - June 3, 2018 at 7:00 pm
RE: The Lie Known as "Salvation" - by Foxaèr - June 3, 2018 at 7:03 pm
RE: The Lie Known as "Salvation" - by Whateverist - June 4, 2018 at 3:26 am
RE: The Lie Known as "Salvation" - by Haipule - June 6, 2018 at 3:22 am
RE: The Lie Known as "Salvation" - by vulcanlogician - June 6, 2018 at 7:32 am
RE: The Lie Known as "Salvation" - by Haipule - June 7, 2018 at 2:32 am
RE: The Lie Known as "Salvation" - by vulcanlogician - June 7, 2018 at 5:04 am
RE: The Lie Known as "Salvation" - by chimp3 - June 3, 2018 at 5:56 pm
RE: The Lie Known as "Salvation" - by Haipule - June 3, 2018 at 7:06 pm
RE: The Lie Known as "Salvation" - by chimp3 - June 9, 2018 at 3:49 pm
RE: The Lie Known as "Salvation" - by Haipule - June 9, 2018 at 4:52 pm
RE: The Lie Known as "Salvation" - by chimp3 - June 9, 2018 at 5:27 pm
RE: The Lie Known as "Salvation" - by Haipule - June 9, 2018 at 11:47 pm
RE: The Lie Known as "Salvation" - by chimp3 - June 10, 2018 at 12:35 am
RE: The Lie Known as "Salvation" - by vorlon13 - June 3, 2018 at 6:23 pm
RE: The Lie Known as "Salvation" - by Haipule - June 3, 2018 at 7:17 pm
RE: The Lie Known as "Salvation" - by Joods - June 3, 2018 at 6:34 pm
RE: The Lie Known as "Salvation" - by Minimalist - June 3, 2018 at 6:40 pm
RE: The Lie Known as "Salvation" - by Angrboda - June 3, 2018 at 7:15 pm
RE: The Lie Known as "Salvation" - by Haipule - June 3, 2018 at 7:51 pm
RE: The Lie Known as "Salvation" - by Foxaèr - June 3, 2018 at 8:26 pm
RE: The Lie Known as "Salvation" - by Wyrd of Gawd - June 4, 2018 at 1:33 am
RE: The Lie Known as "Salvation" - by Haipule - June 7, 2018 at 3:46 am
RE: The Lie Known as "Salvation" - by Angrboda - June 7, 2018 at 4:48 am
RE: The Lie Known as "Salvation" - by brewer - June 3, 2018 at 7:16 pm
RE: The Lie Known as "Salvation" - by Joods - June 3, 2018 at 7:44 pm
RE: The Lie Known as "Salvation" - by Angrboda - June 3, 2018 at 8:59 pm
RE: The Lie Known as "Salvation"0. - by Haipule - June 3, 2018 at 11:57 pm
RE: The Lie Known as "Salvation" - by brewer - June 3, 2018 at 9:25 pm
RE: The Lie Known as "Salvation" - by drfuzzy - June 3, 2018 at 11:33 pm
RE: The Lie Known as "Salvation" - by Drich - June 4, 2018 at 11:45 am
RE: The Lie Known as "Salvation" - by Haipule - June 5, 2018 at 2:07 am
RE: The Lie Known as "Salvation" - by Haipule - June 5, 2018 at 3:32 am
RE: The Lie Known as "Salvation" - by Drich - June 8, 2018 at 1:42 pm
RE: The Lie Known as "Salvation" - by LadyForCamus - June 5, 2018 at 12:16 pm
RE: The Lie Known as "Salvation" - by Haipule - June 6, 2018 at 1:45 am
RE: The Lie Known as "Salvation" - by Caligvla XXI - June 6, 2018 at 12:23 pm
RE: The Lie Known as "Salvation" - by robvalue - June 5, 2018 at 3:52 am
RE: The Lie Known as "Salvation" - by ignoramus - June 5, 2018 at 4:33 am
RE: The Lie Known as "Salvation" - by robvalue - June 5, 2018 at 4:36 am
RE: The Lie Known as "Salvation" - by Angrboda - June 5, 2018 at 5:50 am
RE: The Lie Known as "Salvation" - by julep - June 5, 2018 at 10:32 am
RE: The Lie Known as "Salvation" - by RDK1 - June 10, 2018 at 10:44 pm
RE: The Lie Known as "Salvation" - by vorlon13 - June 11, 2018 at 9:00 am
RE: The Lie Known as "Salvation" - by Haipule - June 12, 2018 at 3:35 am
RE: The Lie Known as "Salvation" - by Wyrd of Gawd - June 6, 2018 at 2:17 am
RE: The Lie Known as "Salvation" - by robvalue - June 6, 2018 at 2:52 am
RE: The Lie Known as "Salvation" - by Haipule - June 6, 2018 at 5:15 am
RE: The Lie Known as "Salvation" - by Joods - June 6, 2018 at 12:31 pm
RE: The Lie Known as "Salvation" - by brewer - June 8, 2018 at 1:58 pm
RE: The Lie Known as "Salvation" - by The Grand Nudger - June 8, 2018 at 2:22 pm
RE: The Lie Known as "Salvation" - by brewer - June 8, 2018 at 2:25 pm
RE: The Lie Known as "Salvation" - by Haipule - June 9, 2018 at 1:57 am
RE: The Lie Known as "Salvation" - by The Grand Nudger - June 9, 2018 at 3:40 am
RE: The Lie Known as "Salvation" - by robvalue - June 9, 2018 at 11:22 pm
RE: The Lie Known as "Salvation" - by The Grand Nudger - June 10, 2018 at 11:46 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What does the lamb lie with? robvalue 42 3081 April 10, 2019 at 2:20 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Why did the Jews lie about Jesus? Fake Messiah 65 6473 March 28, 2019 at 5:32 pm
Last Post: Aliza
  Evolution and Christianity and Salvation mrj 255 21506 March 14, 2019 at 3:10 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  On the subject of Hell and Salvation Alternatehistory95 278 30883 March 10, 2019 at 12:09 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Would They Die for a Lie? YahwehIsTheWay 95 13796 December 27, 2018 at 11:10 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Too Soon For a Lie YahwehIsTheWay 14 2772 December 5, 2018 at 7:16 pm
Last Post: T0 Th3 M4X
  There is a difference between salvation, and the rewards of Heaven Drich 45 14047 July 31, 2017 at 9:27 am
Last Post: Drich
  Can a Chrisitan lose his/her salvation? Jehanne 130 31751 July 26, 2017 at 10:25 am
Last Post: drfuzzy
  Everything I know is a lie! godlessheatheness 31 6732 April 6, 2017 at 2:46 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  William Craig caught in a lie. Jehanne 23 5079 January 7, 2017 at 1:32 pm
Last Post: Jehanne