Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 7:18 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Would They Die for a Lie?
Would They Die for a Lie?
I've never had any use for apologetics as I think it is only for those of puny faith. Trying to use reason or facts is playing in the atheist's domain. That said, since they seem to be popular, I can't think of anyone more qualified on this forum to present the common apologetic arguments than myself. 

First, let's start this series with my favorite:

1. Would They Die For A Lie?

Let's begin with this gem, which is my favorite because there's absolutely no history of crazy religious nuts dying for their beliefs unless those beliefs really are true. 

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRvGK5ojEpCCWEFInHj9KG...tnRs4s4NOA]

No, no, no, that doesn't count. That's Islam. Ours is the One True Faith. Big difference. 

[Image: wako-923715.jpg]

Well, duh, obviously those were just crazy cultists and they don't count either. 

But the early Christians, they knew The Truth (and don't forget to capitalize the T) so clearly that's different. 

The early Christians were persecuted by the Romans. We know this because of all the video footage captured by Hollywood, recordings that had been miraculously preserved for 2000 years. 

So with such powerful folklore, how can anyone deny our mythology?

And if you're still not convinced, I have several more arguments that you've probably heard a million times already but not with my spectacular delivery...
"You don't need facts when you got Jesus." -Pastor Deacon Fred, Landover Baptist Church

™: True Christian is a Trademark of the Landover Baptist Church. I have no affiliation with this fine group of True Christians ™ because I can't afford their tithing requirements but would like to be. Maybe someday the Lord will bless me with enough riches that I am able to. 

And for the lovers of Poe, here's your winking smiley:  Wink
RE: Would They Die for a Lie?
(November 30, 2018 at 7:45 pm)YahwehIsTheWay Wrote: I've never had any use for apologetics as I think it is only for those of puny faith. Trying to use reason or facts is playing in the atheist's domain. That said, since they seem to be popular, I can't think of anyone more qualified on this forum to present the common apologetic arguments than myself. 

First, let's start this series with my favorite:

1. Would They Die For A Lie?

Let's begin with this gem, which is my favorite because there's absolutely no history of crazy religious nuts dying for their beliefs unless those beliefs really are true. 

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRvGK5ojEpCCWEFInHj9KG...tnRs4s4NOA]

No, no, no, that doesn't count. That's Islam. Ours is the One True Faith. Big difference. 

[Image: wako-923715.jpg]

Well, duh, obviously those were just crazy cultists and they don't count either. 

But the early Christians, they knew The Truth (and don't forget to capitalize the T) so clearly that's different. 

The early Christians were persecuted by the Romans. We know this because of all the video footage captured by Hollywood, recordings that had been miraculously preserved for 2000 years. 

So with such powerful folklore, how can anyone deny our mythology?

And if you're still not convinced, I have several more arguments that you've probably heard a million times already but not with my spectacular delivery...

what makes you think any of the above died for alie? 

There are three things that drive religion.

Society. meaning society answers the prayers and becomes the hand of said religion. However once the society dies so goes the gods. For those who believe in a society based religion theirs is real because the society makes the god real. when society dies so too do the gods die. think ancient egypt or greece or Rome.

prophets make religions real. in that these men are regarded as being from God and in turn can often time do miraculous things. when the prophet dies so too does the religion typically die.

Then you have demonic influence, meaning there is a supernatural force at work but itis not God. Put a prophet lke joseph smith infront of a demonic influence and you have a mormon church or Islam. 

Then there are two cases where God established a out reachto man, once through the law and again without the law.

what makes and separate religion is the end goal and what is promised/can be verified in this life.

For instance the goal of islam is to convert or kill everyone in the word not of islam, and all reward and contact with 'god' come in the afterlife. this is faith alone religion. If you die in this cause you will automatically goto their heaven with full rewards!!! can you believe this religion is true? yes, why because to an extent/what can be verified can be demonically supported through society. Meaning on the religious side they can produce signs and wonders to support a suicide bomber should bomb a certain target and on the societal side their family gets a huge cash pay out and societal praise. So basically everything their religion can possible verify is found to be true.

The key to determine if the religion truly serves God is in the mission statement of the religion... what is it's primary goal? TO TAKE OVER THE WORLD AND TO KILL ANYONE who opposes this.

This mission speaks to the pride of a specific people who has been treated like dirt by the God of the bible in favor of it's enemy. This seems to me like a plea or a deep stroking of an ego,than a God looking for worship. because it opposes everything God has ever said through a prophet or apostle, not only that everything that can be verified can only be done in this life, and no one talks to God/God never speaks to anyone as a matter of rule..

So again everything in islam can be vetted, but what seperates a God based religion and a demonic/soceity based religion is it's primary goal.. Concouring the world... Why would God need this?

The David Koreshe group was a simple example of a phophetic church. he showed his followers everything they needed to see to cast off this world and follow him. where we know it is fake is that after he died his religion died with him..

Your fatal error is you do not understand what the different religions believe and you lump everyone under the same basic house of 'Religion.'

In that You have a deity, he demand good things from you in return you get to live well in the after life. You do bad you get punished here and sent to some sort of hell.

Would you believe none of the three major religions believe that exact thing? again you have homogenized three different beliefs systems. and in doing so obscured all three.

The jews do not believe in any after life at all.

Christianity is not based on morality (doing good or bad) but relationship directly with God.

This is the key to determining whether or not this religion is based on society or if it is base demonically or whether it is based in truth.

Promise #1 the here all and end all to all other religions. God promises to deal with the individual directly. no filters no priests no prophets! just you and God IF you meet Him on His terms. This eliminates all societal influences (which is why Christianity thrived in places like china where society made it illegal for 60 some years and when the ban was lifted there were 6 or 7 million people worshiping on their own.) Demonic influences can be eliminated by determining the church's end Goal (which is to Love our lord God with all of our being and our neighbors as our selves and to spread this message) this is in stark contrast to take over the world and kill anyone who opposes you. Not to mention we are about a 12 societies removed from the society of origin and 2000 years removed from the original source/Jesus. so this is not a social nor a prophetic fueled religion.

People die for their truth in religion everyday. The problem comes in is what they WANT TO BELIEVE in who God is.

Save the world souls through love for God and our fellow man, or death to all infidels!
Quote:There are three things that drive religion.

Yup.  Money.  Power.  Sex.
(December 4, 2018 at 12:10 pm)Minimalist Wrote:

as religion is a man made power structure.. yes. no different than any other man made power structure.
(December 4, 2018 at 1:17 pm)Drich Wrote:
(December 4, 2018 at 12:10 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Yup.  Money.  Power.  Sex.
as religion is a man made power structure.. yes. no different than any other man made power structure.

And "gods" prop up those man-made power structures. That's all they do.
(December 4, 2018 at 1:20 pm)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote:
(December 4, 2018 at 1:17 pm)Drich Wrote: as religion is a man made power structure.. yes. no different than any other man made power structure.

And "gods" prop up those man-made power structures. That's all they do.
example?
(December 4, 2018 at 1:25 pm)Drich Wrote:
(December 4, 2018 at 1:20 pm)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: And "gods" prop up those man-made power structures. That's all they do.
example?

LOL You are an idiot.
(December 4, 2018 at 1:32 pm)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote:
(December 4, 2018 at 1:25 pm)Drich Wrote: example?

LOL You are an idiot.

I'm not the one who can't back my claim when asked... So then what does that make you, if asked you can't back your claim???
Pity this relationship is one way. Yahweh never seems to pick up the phone.
Atheist Forums Hall of Shame:
"The trinity can be equated to having your cake and eating it too."
...      -Lucent, trying to defend the Trinity concept
"(Yahweh's) actions are good because (Yahweh) is the ultimate standard of goodness. That’s not begging the question"
...       -Statler Waldorf, Christian apologist
(December 4, 2018 at 12:10 pm)Minimalist Wrote:

Four.  You forgot Hate.
"Tradition" is just a word people use to make themselves feel better about being an asshole.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Where does the belief that seeds die before they turn into a living plant come from? FlatAssembler 17 1323 August 3, 2023 at 10:38 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Kenya cult deaths: Four die after suspected starvation plot zebo-the-fat 0 539 April 14, 2023 at 11:15 am
Last Post: zebo-the-fat
  Would they worship a chair? Fake Messiah 20 1468 April 26, 2021 at 3:40 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  What does the lamb lie with? robvalue 42 2803 April 10, 2019 at 2:20 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Why did the Jews lie about Jesus? Fake Messiah 65 5859 March 28, 2019 at 5:32 pm
Last Post: Aliza
  Too Soon For a Lie YahwehIsTheWay 14 2623 December 5, 2018 at 7:16 pm
Last Post: T0 Th3 M4X
  The Lie Known as "Salvation" Haipule 59 8266 June 12, 2018 at 3:35 am
Last Post: Haipule
  Christian Teacher writes letter to school newspaper saying "Gays deserve to die" Divinity 68 18610 May 23, 2017 at 9:01 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Everything I know is a lie! godlessheatheness 31 6545 April 6, 2017 at 2:46 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  William Craig caught in a lie. Jehanne 23 4886 January 7, 2017 at 1:32 pm
Last Post: Jehanne