Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 9:13 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Too Soon For a Lie
Too Soon For a Lie
For the next apologetic miracle, we turn to the historical documents...

Why does everyone always laugh when I say "historical documents"?

Anyway, we know the Gospel accounts were penned too quickly to have been based on myth or legend. I mean, who ever heard of a man dying and then being seen alive by his most devoted fans within years of his death?

[Image: ?url=hyperdiscordia.crywalt.com%2Flarge_cross_elvis.gif]

Checkmate once again, atheists!

...Moving on...
"You don't need facts when you got Jesus." -Pastor Deacon Fred, Landover Baptist Church

™: True Christian is a Trademark of the Landover Baptist Church. I have no affiliation with this fine group of True Christians ™ because I can't afford their tithing requirements but would like to be. Maybe someday the Lord will bless me with enough riches that I am able to. 

And for the lovers of Poe, here's your winking smiley:  Wink
RE: Too Soon For a Lie
this is where you fail...

Jesus was not only seen by his 'fans.'

Saul HATED Christ and Christ made an appearance to Him. blinding him in the process. which ultimately lead to his conversion.

Not to mention the actual resurrection was witnessed by a contingent of Roman Soldiers. Who were executed for letting him Go.
(December 4, 2018 at 12:54 pm)Drich Wrote: this is where you fail...

Saul HATED Christ and Christ made an appearance to Him. blinding him in the process. which ultimately lead to his conversion.

Not to mention the actual resurrection was witnessed by a contingent of Roman Soldiers. Who were executed for letting him Go.

Saul was an epileptic nutball who had a life changing hallucination. Feel free to prove otherwise.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
Or, he was the later fiction of authors looking to hang their theology on some legendary authority's bones.

Quote:What can we reliably know about Paul and how can we know it? As is the case with Jesus, this is not an easy question. Historians have been involved in what has been called the “Quest for the Historical Jesus” for the past one hundred and seventy-five years, evaluating and sifting through our sources, trying to determine what we can reliably say about him.[i] As it happens, the quest for the historical Paul began almost simultaneously, inaugurated by the German scholar Ferdinand Christian Baur.[ii] Baur put his finger squarely on the problem: There are four different “Pauls” in the New Testament, not one, and each is quite distinct from the others. New Testament scholars today are generally agreed on this point.
https://www.biblicalarchaeology.org/dail...ical-paul/
Quote:Tabor was born in Texas but lived all over the world as the son of an Air Force officer. He was raised in the Churches of Christ and attended Abilene Christian University, where he earned his B.A. degree in Greek and Bible. While earning his M.A. from Pepperdine University he taught Greek and Hebrew part-time at Ambassador College, founded by Herbert W. Armstrong, founder and president of the Worldwide Church of God.

Tabor earned his Ph.D. at the University of Chicago in 1981 in New Testament and Early Christian Literature, with an emphasis on Christian origins and ancient Judaism, including the Dead Sea Scrolls, John the Baptist, Jesus, James the Just, and Paul the Apostle.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Tabor
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
The story of Saul was invented later and recounted by a later converted  Saul. Not reliable source .
Seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy -- myself.

Inuit Proverb

(December 5, 2018 at 11:25 am)Jörmungandr Wrote:

Saul was an epileptic nutball who had a life changing hallucination.  Feel free to prove otherwise.

the proof is in the 2000 year old world dominating religion.. Which means you can personally attack him or be little him any way you think gives you the upper hand here, but bottom line no paul, no christianity. at least nothing we are familiar with.

(December 5, 2018 at 11:51 am)Amarok Wrote: The story of Saul was invented later and recounted by a later converted  Saul. Not reliable source .

because.... you say so???

Here watch this: the biblical paul yeah I have a few of his letters that says he was who he said he was...

So you want proof right?

what or why should I be compelled to support my claim any more than you have yours?

If you want to have a conversation you are going to need more than your word research something make a statement post a source.
NOT too soon for a lie. The same day the Japanese bombed Pearl Harbor Republicans claimed that FDR had "tricked" them.
(December 5, 2018 at 4:44 pm)Drich Wrote: the proof is in the 2000 year old world dominating religion.. Which means you can personally attack him or be little him any way you think gives you the upper hand here, but bottom line no paul, no christianity. at least nothing we are familiar with.

Because we all know that religious leaders can't be crazy.
Atheist Forums Hall of Shame:
"The trinity can be equated to having your cake and eating it too."
...      -Lucent, trying to defend the Trinity concept
"(Yahweh's) actions are good because (Yahweh) is the ultimate standard of goodness. That’s not begging the question"
...       -Statler Waldorf, Christian apologist

Saul and Paul were the same character. But you hate me calling names in an old book of mythology "characters". 

In related news J K Rolling was considering Harry Potter give birth to Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles with no second set of DNA. But then she realized she wasn't starting a religion. 

"Luke, I am your father, I can prove my invisible goo, I was on the Maury Povich show and got a paternity test."

And no, the book claiming a story only means someone wrote a story making the claim.

Humans do not die in the act of torture as the bible implies. That is a myth. 

If I wrote a book claiming I screwed Angelina Jolie, because she is real does that mean I did? 

The nation of Rome was real sure, but the story of the Character's named Jesus, and even Paul, were all stories concocted way after what the bible claims, and there is no evidence outside the claims of that book of mythology that proves that the Jesus character existed, much less proof that humans have magic super powers.
Your responses will be ignored Dirtch. I have no time to converse with the Forum idiot .
Seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy -- myself.

Inuit Proverb

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Please help prayer to get maaried soon for my mom heath.! meboxem166 21 2754 April 1, 2023 at 5:52 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  What does the lamb lie with? robvalue 42 2784 April 10, 2019 at 2:20 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Why did the Jews lie about Jesus? Fake Messiah 65 5790 March 28, 2019 at 5:32 pm
Last Post: Aliza
  Would They Die for a Lie? YahwehIsTheWay 95 12553 December 27, 2018 at 11:10 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Too Late Fucktards. You Own Him Now. Minimalist 10 1484 October 10, 2018 at 4:14 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  The Lie Known as "Salvation" Haipule 59 8209 June 12, 2018 at 3:35 am
Last Post: Haipule
  Everything I know is a lie! godlessheatheness 31 6521 April 6, 2017 at 2:46 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  William Craig caught in a lie. Jehanne 23 4842 January 7, 2017 at 1:32 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  Christian answering questions too! PETE_ROSE 237 33322 May 10, 2016 at 5:19 am
Last Post: pocaracas
  Hey, Look! They Have Assholes In England, Too! Minimalist 8 2477 February 3, 2016 at 10:39 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus