Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 28, 2024, 9:17 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Peterson's 12 Rules For Life, have you heard of this?
RE: Peterson's 12 Rules For Life, have you heard of this?
(August 16, 2018 at 8:50 pm)Khemikal Wrote: I've described the difference between the actual pc left and you and Peterson's view of the pc left.  That will either sink in with time, or it wont.

Peterson is not speaking from an understanding of evolution, or any understanding whatsoever, except for an understanding of the spiders in his own lunatic head.  That's the grand irony of the man, as a psychologist.

As I think is pretty clear, I have a lifetime of experiences which have led to my outlook on life.  I have little interest in trying to adapt my experiences to your world view.

But I'll ask the same of you as I asked of Rob and Tiz.  Please bring out anything Peterson's said with which you disagree, and explain why you think he's wrong about it.  I suspect that I'm likely to get much the same response from you that I got from him: a couple juicy out-of-context quotes that you mine from pcbro.com, a lot of very vague but strongly worded insults, and a refusal to spend any real time examining the truth of anything he has said.

I've done some homework.  I took a particularly "controversial" statement he made, and demonstrated that it wasn't sourced with him: it was, in fact, canonical to the field of evolutionary psychology, including women authors, and at least one academic female interviewer.

But I'm willing to give you the benefit of the doubt-- go ahead and demonstrate that Peterson is what you say he is, or that he thinks what you say he thinks.  Lay this grand irony out for all to see.

*holds breath*

Messages In This Thread
RE: Peterson's 12 Rules For Life, have you heard of this? - by bennyboy - August 16, 2018 at 9:55 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Peterson's 12 Rules for Life v2.0-- actual book discussion bennyboy 238 19761 October 8, 2018 at 3:20 am
Last Post: GrandizerII
  Peterson vs. Harris #3-- Dublin bennyboy 0 358 September 26, 2018 at 8:34 am
Last Post: bennyboy
  Jordan Peterson vs. Sam Harris in Vancouver bennyboy 7 753 September 6, 2018 at 10:35 pm
Last Post: bennyboy
  How do you deal with life now that you are an atheist? (With a little of my life) Macoleco 135 16344 September 1, 2016 at 5:30 pm
Last Post: Whateverist
  Here is Practical Explanation about Next Life, Purpose of Human Life - lop0 11 4178 January 26, 2014 at 9:05 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  What are the rules of the game? naimless 11 1742 March 17, 2013 at 4:10 am
Last Post: KichigaiNeko
  Moral rules vs moral sense Whateverist 19 9728 June 14, 2012 at 4:31 am
Last Post: genkaus