Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 10:19 am

Poll: When it comes to the afterlife and the meaning of life, what do you identify as?
This poll is closed.
Religious, we were put here by a higher entity to serve Him, therefore our lives have metaphysical meaning, and there is an afterlife.
0%
0 0%
Religious, our lives hold metaphysical meaning, we're not necessarily here to serve a god, but there probably is an afterlife.
0%
0 0%
Atheist, our lives here hold metaphysical meaning, I don't rule out the possibility of an afterlife.
5.88%
1 5.88%
Atheist, our lives hold some sort of metaphysical meaning, but I'm pretty sure there is no afterlife.
5.88%
1 5.88%
Atheist, our lives hold no metaphysical meaning, and I'm pretty sure there is no afterlife.
52.94%
9 52.94%
Atheist, our lives hold no metaphysical meaning whatsoever, and there is definitely not an afterlife.
35.29%
6 35.29%
Total 17 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
When it comes to the afterlife and the meaning of life, what do you identify as?
When it comes to the afterlife and the meaning of life, what do you identify as?
I thought this would be interesting.

I thought "metaphysical" would be the best word to describe a feeling that our life has meaning to it.
ronedee Wrote:Science doesn't have a good explaination for water

[Image: YAAgdMk.gif]

RE: When it comes to the afterlife and the meaning of life, what do you identify as?
Your question does not compute.

I do not have any experience on after lifes, not even before lives, unless you're going buddhist on me. To the best of my knowlege it isn't that bad.
RE: When it comes to the afterlife and the meaning of life, what do you identify as?
I think I'm starting to realize how much of pessimist I really am.

....awesome
At first I thought the poll would be for indicating the nature of the afterlife we anticipate. Since "mulch" wasn't available I find my position is not represented.

[Image: D7612546_714_936493119]

[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
When it comes to the afterlife I will identify as "dead."

Oh, wait. No I won't Know why?

BECAUSE I"LL BE FUCKING DEAD.
What is an afterlife? What is metaphysical meaning?

Given the knowledge I have, I can only identify as: Atheist, currently alive.
I kinda believe in one.
[Image: american-flag-banner.jpg]
None of those questions I would ascribe to as I think metaphysical is merely language constructs and decidedly do not have any real application in the real world, and as such you can't ascribe meaning for ones life with just the metaphysical, I need experience of life to make any sense of it as well. They're fun to play with though.
"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself — and you are the easiest person to fool." - Richard P. Feynman
I think I'll amend my answer to mulch if my hunch is correct, BBQ if not.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What is the metaethical meaning of 'should'? Disagreeable 1 363 February 26, 2022 at 7:48 am
Last Post: Ahriman
  [Serious] Meaning in Life Gnomey 14 836 July 18, 2020 at 3:52 pm
Last Post: Bucky Ball
  The Super-Meaning of Romantic Relationships InquiringMind 45 6626 September 29, 2016 at 4:53 pm
Last Post: Athene
  Let's Say I Achieve "Meaning." What Do I Do Next? InquiringMind 51 7966 September 25, 2016 at 3:16 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  How do you deal with life now that you are an atheist? (With a little of my life) Macoleco 135 15178 September 1, 2016 at 5:30 pm
Last Post: Whateverist
  Afterlife Torin 127 11895 August 17, 2016 at 6:51 am
Last Post: chimp3
  Afterlife, I'd be happy if it were true..... maestroanth 35 3813 June 12, 2016 at 3:13 am
Last Post: Little lunch
  I would like to identify as a feminist DespondentFishdeathMasochismo 20 3303 December 6, 2015 at 10:27 am
Last Post: Sappho
  The Meaninglessness of Meaning Mudhammam 42 13654 August 13, 2015 at 10:26 pm
Last Post: Pyrrho
  The meaning of it all...? Baqal 12 3133 August 30, 2014 at 12:10 pm
Last Post: StealthySkeptic