Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 23, 2024, 11:29 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Peterson's 12 Rules For Life, have you heard of this?
RE: Peterson's 12 Rules For Life, have you heard of this?
(August 23, 2018 at 5:21 pm)Khemikal Wrote: We're back to the "I met a guy once" theory of ideological classification.  You may have met a guy once, Benny, but having met a guy once won't make anything you've said in this thread any more accurate now than it was before.

I get that you think you're supporting the right because liberty, blah blah blah.  The vision of liberty they've sold you, that you've shared in this thread... is a con. I've repeatedly pointed out all the ways that it's a con.

Ironically, and fucking heinously, that vision of liberty has been used to created illiberty.  Unjustice.  Inequality.  You clearly have a problem identifying where trends in politics comes from, you've been resisting the origin of your politics for some time.  You failed to realize that an acknowledgement that identity poltics is being used doesn't mean that the person who acknowledges it is the one doing it.

But hey, the american right told you that the PC SJW left was comin forya, and making it all about Those People™.

-and you believed em.

Yeah, I'm a champion of the fucking right.  Until you acknowledge the things I actually say, I'm just going to keep reposting this:

Hitler's Dog Wrote:When I said that in the case of natives, I support a blanket demographic support, was THAT also an expression of alt-right indoctrination? When I said many pages ago that I felt black people should rise up and take power if that was their goal, and that I would respect them for that, would you say THAT was an expression of alt-right indoctrination? When I said that prisoners should be offered release conditional on contracts with financial incentives for success and released from prison, was THAT an expression of alt-right indoctrination?
I promoted identity support for natives precisely because it is their identity which is under attack-- not just their persons, but what it means for them to be native. You can't express yourself in action (i.e. act according to my definition of liberty) if even your sense of self-identity is taken away from you.

I support black people standing up in arms if they choose to do so, because I believe the constitution of the US allows for the possession of arms with the intent of standing against tyranny, and the abuse of positions of privilege, both in police and in government represent tyranny, i.e. the polar opposite of liberty under my definition. Nobody ever had a plan to be pulled over for a broken tail light, ripped out of his car because his timing in reaching for ID scared some fuckwit cop, and then thrown in jail for obstruction of justice when he struggled against the cop's unwarranted attempts to restrain him.

I support incentives over entitlements, because I think it is infinitely more likely to cause people to make goals and to pursue them, i.e. I believe it's the best way to promote liberty as I define it. Unless people have a reasonable expectation that they'll be given a chance to be productive, and then amply rewarded for the value of that production, they don't really have liberty-- whether they're behind bars or not.

What I do NOT promote is thought policing, guilt by association, stereotyping, and most especially limitations on free speech. I fucking HATE white racists, but I would die for their right to say stupid shit, so long as it doesn't constitute a threat to the liberty of others. I dislike the PC left, but I would die for their right to say stupid shit, so long as it doesn't constitute a threat to the liberty of others.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Peterson's 12 Rules For Life, have you heard of this? - by bennyboy - August 23, 2018 at 5:35 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Peterson's 12 Rules for Life v2.0-- actual book discussion bennyboy 238 19134 October 8, 2018 at 3:20 am
Last Post: GrandizerII
  Peterson vs. Harris #3-- Dublin bennyboy 0 345 September 26, 2018 at 8:34 am
Last Post: bennyboy
  Jordan Peterson vs. Sam Harris in Vancouver bennyboy 7 730 September 6, 2018 at 10:35 pm
Last Post: bennyboy
  How do you deal with life now that you are an atheist? (With a little of my life) Macoleco 135 15569 September 1, 2016 at 5:30 pm
Last Post: Whateverist
  Here is Practical Explanation about Next Life, Purpose of Human Life - lop0 11 4150 January 26, 2014 at 9:05 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  What are the rules of the game? naimless 11 1722 March 17, 2013 at 4:10 am
Last Post: KichigaiNeko
  Moral rules vs moral sense Whateverist 19 9655 June 14, 2012 at 4:31 am
Last Post: genkaus