Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 3, 2024, 6:47 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Peterson's 12 Rules For Life, have you heard of this?
RE: Peterson's 12 Rules For Life, have you heard of this?
(September 10, 2018 at 11:00 pm)Rev. Rye Wrote:
(September 10, 2018 at 10:44 pm)bennyboy Wrote: I'm not sure why opposition to the screechy left is taken as approval of the nutjob right.  You can dislike one without supporting the other, you know.

A position I share, but, honestly, throughout the past 82 pages of this thread, you've shown you're edging towards the latter.

I can see that you have that perception.  Is it because I'm broaching taboo subjects, or is it because of the policies which I've extrapolated from them?  I'm fairly certain that my policy positions fall well on the left side of the spectrum.

Is it sufficient that I act in accordance with the left to establish myself as left, or is it necessary also think and feel in particular ways?  And if I don't. . . should I pretend?

I choose not to.  I will examine whatever positions seem right to me.  It seems right to me that the black population in the States is in dire condition, and that it's not exclusively due to racist oppression.  It's TRACED ultimately to slavery, for sure, but unless you want to completely disregard the agency of black people to act on their own behalf or to express their own values in their behavior, then it's not only the views of white supremacists that need to be cleaned up.

I would love, absolutely love, to hear what Khemikal's wife thinks of all this.  I'm currently under the impression that the PC Left are almost entirely white, and probably mostly men.  I wish I had access to more black friends who I could speak freely with about this kind of stuff.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Peterson's 12 Rules For Life, have you heard of this? - by bennyboy - September 11, 2018 at 12:49 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Peterson's 12 Rules for Life v2.0-- actual book discussion bennyboy 238 19451 October 8, 2018 at 3:20 am
Last Post: GrandizerII
  Peterson vs. Harris #3-- Dublin bennyboy 0 347 September 26, 2018 at 8:34 am
Last Post: bennyboy
  Jordan Peterson vs. Sam Harris in Vancouver bennyboy 7 732 September 6, 2018 at 10:35 pm
Last Post: bennyboy
  How do you deal with life now that you are an atheist? (With a little of my life) Macoleco 135 16048 September 1, 2016 at 5:30 pm
Last Post: Whateverist
  Here is Practical Explanation about Next Life, Purpose of Human Life - lop0 11 4159 January 26, 2014 at 9:05 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  What are the rules of the game? naimless 11 1732 March 17, 2013 at 4:10 am
Last Post: KichigaiNeko
  Moral rules vs moral sense Whateverist 19 9699 June 14, 2012 at 4:31 am
Last Post: genkaus