Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 7, 2024, 9:20 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Perhaps African Americans Are Finally Catching On
RE: Perhaps African Americans Are Finally Catching On
(October 5, 2018 at 5:21 pm)Brian37 Wrote:
(September 30, 2018 at 4:15 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Xtianity was the tool of the slaveholders!

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/30/nyreg...ss&emc=rss

The churches could be replaced by a WalMart and it would still be an improvement!

Meh, while I value the private sector. and while you cant force any religion out of existence without becoming a monster, the thing big powers always end up with, is POWER. So I see no difference between Walmart or religion. They are both bent on control to gain power.

which is idealistic crap.

If the walmart option were an option then it would already be on the table as with the white trash/red neck crowd. I'm not saying black people don't go to walmart, I am saying there is no movement as with the black panthers or with BLM in the black community centered around walmart currently.(wal-mart representing low end consumers/people who buy junk for spiritual fulfillment. Being a social group who's typically in or below the poverty level precludes a consumer based community.

If you think other wise, my challenge goes to you as well. Show me something other than the church that pushes the american dream as white america defines it. Show me a social organisation not affiliated with or is the church that pushes 'white laws and morality.' Show me a non religious social group as big as BLM or has an equal social impact not affiliated with God in any way that urges blac people to work and to assimilate into western/white culture and not seek vengeance or retribution that black people are already apart of outside the church. 

That is what the church teaches all of use not white or black slave or free. we are to forgive we are to live in love via a moral life we are to treat each others despite skin color as brothers. we are not to seek retribution but extend forgiveness as Christ has forgiven us. The best black people have to off is the same as everyone else and it is through the church. Take the church away and everything we have now whether it be meloncollie of white atheists or the anger and destruction of BLM get multiplied by those being buffered by the church. Which is why I keep asking for moderate examples of black people in america who are not apart of the church and still seek to be apart of America as a minority.

If we do not have this now, then what makes you think we will have it after millions of despondent black people leave a God who they feel was their last hope, yet lied or was never real?

(October 5, 2018 at 6:24 pm)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote:
(October 4, 2018 at 10:29 am)Drich Wrote: actually no. my church is over 1/2 black. my best friend, and best man at my wedding is black and his dad not only married me and my wife but was instrumental in teaching me how to study the bible. he gave me a library of books and materials and taught me how to use them. My thoughts on the need for black america to have a relationship with God are his thoughts. He is the one who pointed out that without Christianity all black run civilization amount to little more than third world nations. and he also pointed out that the largest and most successful population of black people in the world live right here in the US with God or at least his principles/morality in the forefronts of their lives. (which is why I spent almost 10 years as an inner city sunday school teacher and camp counselor for the yearly inner city camp, I was one of 6 with anywhere between 80 to 150 kids from ages 10 to 18)

Despite what mans has done using religion to control black people it is God who took those who were faithful out of the stone age and with in a few generation put their descendants shoulder to shoulder with the most advanced man, literally skipping thousands of years of social failure and development that white people went through to get here.

From the literal stone age to the post modern space age in what 5 generations? Compared to their brethren back in africa who struggle with the basics of modern life like a single point of running water in a whole village, and things like electricity, not to mention things like human rights, as most are still in the sex trade/slavery business.

This is what God has done, now you want that to go away and have a whole people abandon God and adopt what? who they were before God was introduced? again look at all of the BEST african nations tell me which one of those cultures you want unleashed on your neighborhood.

You morons have no clue what the idea of God is holding back. it is literally holding the gates of hell closed. why? because it is the worst of the wort who know they need God's redemption. it is the lukewarm moderate fence sitters who think they are moral and need nothing/no God. Take god away completely and you will find out that 5 generations of modern life is not enough to instally pop morality onto a whole people... that it takes 1000s of years for pop morality to develop.. and while you are busy walking your own invisible lines of right and wrong, the linchpin to the gates of hell has been pulled and it's residence will consume your little world.

"My best friend is black." Well, that worked in the '70s.  Wacky

It's not the 70's moron and he was also the best man at my wedding and his Father was the presiding minister at our wedding. We met at church working together at our church's inner city out reach. where we went into poor neighborhoods rounded up the kids sunday morning and took them to church, had lunch with them, then had some sort of activity during the day and took them back after evening services every week for almost 10 years. then every summer we did an inner city camp which usually had over 100 kids who never left the city at a week long sleep away camp. usually had 4 consulers 2 for the boys (which was like a juvie hall/boot camp thing for a few days) and two for the girls. He also went to school on a wrestling scholarship which helped at camp because some of the kids weren't all kids..

Messages In This Thread
RE: Perhaps African Americans Are Finally Catching On - by Drich - October 8, 2018 at 11:22 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  SCIENCE FINALLY PROVES.... ronedee 149 9245 September 29, 2023 at 5:53 pm
Last Post: Bucky Ball
  Record few Americans believe in Biblical inerrancy. Jehanne 184 24002 December 31, 2017 at 12:37 am
Last Post: vulcanlogician
  Nimrod has finally returned (video) JesusIsGod7 9 1824 February 3, 2016 at 1:59 pm
Last Post: brewer
  They Finally Got It Right....Because of a Bigot. Minimalist 9 3362 August 7, 2015 at 2:07 am
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Finally! The definitive list of sexual positions which will sentence you to Hell! Jacob(smooth) 31 9689 February 19, 2015 at 5:50 pm
Last Post: pocaracas
  Ken Ham is finally good for something! Esquilax 27 3557 July 14, 2014 at 2:55 pm
Last Post: Jaysyn
  Perhaps the writers of the bible were stuck in the concrete operations stage? Aegrus 9 5200 December 4, 2012 at 12:13 pm
Last Post: Darth
  Finally the TRUE answer to why we have so many religions! reverendjeremiah 26 12232 February 10, 2012 at 7:34 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Looks Like Catholics Are Catching On Minimalist 21 6373 January 27, 2012 at 3:31 pm
Last Post: Rokcet Scientist
  Bible has some shocking 'family values' - Finally, Some Sensible Writing Forsaken 24 10556 January 11, 2012 at 11:55 pm
Last Post: Minimalist