Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 13, 2024, 4:59 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Top Seven Ways Christianity is Debunked By the Sciences
RE: Top Seven Ways Christianity is Debunked By the Sciences
(September 28, 2011 at 3:29 pm)Rhythm Wrote: See the as and then rows A and B? They're important. Snipping them and then forming some sort of quasi argument or criticism based on your edit, is a "less than accurate representation of the truth".

I'm not sure I know what you're on about. I don't think you do either.

I repeat: Does the definition of "God" by the dictionary say it means "Ultimate Reality" or not? I'm sure a simply "yes" or "no" is possible here. But take your time.

(September 28, 2011 at 3:50 pm)Zaki Aminu Wrote:
(September 28, 2011 at 3:33 pm)Rhythm Wrote: Another "less than accurate representation of the truth"

I think that in the absence of knowledge about a subject, claiming such knowledge is deceitful. In other words, to bluster on about the details of an undiscovered continent is pointless. Now migrate that over to the concept of god, another undiscovered continent.

I believe you're the one claiming that you're ignorant about the subject of God - and so, by the standards you set should not be making any comments about it, should you?

But also youi haven't ascertained such absence of knowledge. You're just saying that what has been offered in evidence does not appeal to you. That does not make it incorrect. It may just be that you lack the ability to understand what is offered. In fact, the knowledge may be deliberately kept from you and still be accurate.
Whether you can understand the evidence for it or not is quite irrelevant of god, another undiscovered continent.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Top Seven Ways Christianity is Debunked By the Sciences - by Zaki Aminu - September 28, 2011 at 3:50 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What does Sam Harris mean by saying that religions are failed sciences? FlatAssembler 21 1279 Yesterday at 10:54 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Are god and religion ways of saying "screw you" to nature? ShinyCrystals 18 1095 January 8, 2024 at 12:27 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  [Serious] Over the top Belacqua 146 13980 August 28, 2019 at 10:35 pm
Last Post: Haipule
  Amending my Good and Kindly ways The Valkyrie 27 5219 September 12, 2017 at 7:49 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  I'm sick of hearing about the "Five Ways"! Asmodee 46 8116 January 19, 2017 at 3:27 pm
Last Post: robvalue
  Free Will -- the "materialist string" pulls both ways. Jehanne 28 6662 April 4, 2016 at 7:18 am
Last Post: Jehanne
  Top misconceptions of Theory of Evolution you had to deal with ErGingerbreadMandude 76 12975 March 7, 2016 at 6:08 pm
Last Post: Alex K
  Ways to introduce people to Atheism? Veritas 24 5154 December 24, 2015 at 1:20 am
Last Post: ErGingerbreadMandude
Information Two Years Later,Indian Skeptic Who Debunked a “Miracle” is Still in Exile in Finland MountainsWinAgain 2 1330 June 4, 2014 at 1:01 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  How many ways can I fuck up my life? Gambit 11 4477 August 2, 2012 at 11:50 pm
Last Post: Gambit