Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 14, 2024, 11:04 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Top Seven Ways Christianity is Debunked By the Sciences
RE: Top Seven Ways Christianity is Debunked By the Sciences
(September 30, 2011 at 12:46 pm)Shell B Wrote:
(September 30, 2011 at 3:12 am)fr0d0 Wrote: Shell: sometimes when everyone is throwing rocks and you're engaged solely in throwing rocks back, as the conversations with Zaki have all sadly devolved into, such is the lack of actual opposition here, genuine questions like yours tried to be, with just the smallest of insults added for good measure, tend to become collateral damage.

Excuse me, Frodo. Here is my original post to Zaki. Please tell me where I insulted him. I'm sorry. I'm simply getting a little peeved at being a ventriloquist dummy.

If you read what you've quoted me saying, you wouldn't ask that question now would you.

(September 30, 2011 at 12:46 pm)Shell B Wrote: If you mean everyone is disagreeing with him when you say, "Everyone is throwing rocks." there is hardly anything I can do about it. If Zaki cannot handle opposition gracefully, he has to grow as a person or leave, which is unfortunate, but what are you going to do? I can't hold the hand of every newb here, Frodo. There are more and more of them and I swear they are trolling more often than not. I don't have time to tell Zaki how to handle himself. As for everyone else, they know the rules here.
I'm simply trying to encourange reasonable discourse over the usual flame baiting. the only people who sticck around in such conditions are people who like retaliating at times, like me. And you will occasionally get upset with me about that.

You should make your mind up about what you want... flame wars or logical discussion. It seems the flaming is all we're about really.

Now I look at Ziki's first posts here... and I see an attempt at discussion and no name calling.

After a barrage of flaming he's now trading insults... which is the only reason he's still around, because he's actually not bad at it.

You reap what you sow. Don't complain about the harvest. Dickweed planted dickweed.

(September 30, 2011 at 12:46 pm)Shell B Wrote:
Quote:I'm sure if everyone stopped kicking the heretic for a moment, and we let him breathe, he could respond nicely to you. As the mob is in full swing with this one already, I don't see them letting up.

Me I'm just sad at the lack of actual resistance we have here.

You know, in other forums, this "mob" nonsense is never mentioned. Why? Because people are not silly enough to forget to count how many people one newbie actually is. Any number of people opposing a newbs assertions is going to read like a "mob." Regulars have every right to respond and I can not limit them by a certain number. When I am a newb at a forum, I try not to insult everyone by putting words in their mouths the moment I get there. Oddly enough, the mob typically dissipates after welcoming me. Interesting how that works.
Well as an atheist site any outsider will get abused as soon as they enter here. It's pretty much guaranteed I'm sure you'd agree.

Go to a flaming theist site and see for yourself. Most people implode from the lack of mutual support.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Top Seven Ways Christianity is Debunked By the Sciences - by fr0d0 - September 30, 2011 at 1:28 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What does Sam Harris mean by saying that religions are failed sciences? FlatAssembler 21 1348 June 12, 2024 at 10:54 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Are god and religion ways of saying "screw you" to nature? ShinyCrystals 18 1131 January 8, 2024 at 12:27 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  [Serious] Over the top Belacqua 146 13982 August 28, 2019 at 10:35 pm
Last Post: Haipule
  Amending my Good and Kindly ways The Valkyrie 27 5221 September 12, 2017 at 7:49 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  I'm sick of hearing about the "Five Ways"! Asmodee 46 8119 January 19, 2017 at 3:27 pm
Last Post: robvalue
  Free Will -- the "materialist string" pulls both ways. Jehanne 28 6662 April 4, 2016 at 7:18 am
Last Post: Jehanne
  Top misconceptions of Theory of Evolution you had to deal with ErGingerbreadMandude 76 12976 March 7, 2016 at 6:08 pm
Last Post: Alex K
  Ways to introduce people to Atheism? Veritas 24 5156 December 24, 2015 at 1:20 am
Last Post: ErGingerbreadMandude
Information Two Years Later,Indian Skeptic Who Debunked a “Miracle” is Still in Exile in Finland MountainsWinAgain 2 1330 June 4, 2014 at 1:01 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  How many ways can I fuck up my life? Gambit 11 4482 August 2, 2012 at 11:50 pm
Last Post: Gambit