Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 14, 2024, 5:35 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Top Seven Ways Christianity is Debunked By the Sciences
RE: Top Seven Ways Christianity is Debunked By the Sciences
(September 30, 2011 at 4:16 pm)fr0d0 Wrote: I never said you insulted him.

You said I threw in a small insult for good measure. We can let that go, though. I'm not put out.

(September 30, 2011 at 4:16 pm)fr0d0 Wrote: Zak is continuing along with all he can get out of people at this point, beyond insults. His bravado is what you're attacking.

Not at all. I take umbrage to the fact that he is quite intentionally saying I said things I did not. Would you not find that insulting?

(September 30, 2011 at 4:16 pm)fr0d0 Wrote: He's still remaining calm and focussed. Maybe there should be a medal for that.

Yeah, we can call it the happiest flamer award.

Quote:Except this time you're not helping maybe?

I came in here to discuss the topic, which was derailed immediately by Zaki. I think my posts speak for my intentions.

(September 30, 2011 at 1:28 pm)fr0d0 Wrote: If the atheists are preventing reasoned discussion it's a problem. Or maybe it's convenient.

Of course it is a problem. I have insisted atheists back off before. I'm sure some remember it less than fondly.

Quote:You're too nice Shell. I wouldn't have the patience. And you do a great job. You know I think the world of you. Of course some won't get it.

I don't have the patience. Wink I fake it. I like you a bunch too, Frodo. Our mutual respect is certainly not at stake over disagreements.

Quote:He had no choice did he. If he complained you'd call him a whining theist. If he fights you call him a troll. The issue is that he started civil.

Of course he did, Frodo. It might not seem like it, but there is a great deal of debate whenever a post is reported. Sometimes, the action to take is obvious. Other time, I will read the thread thoroughly, as will others. There have been times when I came to the defense of a new theist and then stepped in the thread and told everyone to back off. I know you are not privy to all of that and that every post I make is not under your scrutiny, but I assure you, I do my utmost to be unbiased, as do the rest of the team. It's not the fighting that gets one labeled as a troll, it is the trolling. Oftentimes, there are private messages with the newb that we do not share with the members. You may not see the reason for a banning or stern talking to, but they are always there.

Quote:Indeed. But I don't blame the consequence of trolling, I blame the trolls (the people who won't let up with name calling).

That's a hard one for me. I know some people are sensitive, but I'm just not a fan of stopping every insult if there is discussion among it. However, I do agree that if people cannot control themselves, we have a problem.

Quote:Well one of the site's strap lines is something along the lines of giving everyone a voice. That isn't the case.

What you [collectively] sow is flame baiting.

They do have a voice. I cannot help that they choose to use that voice to mock and flame the current members. I don't understand how you expect me to be fair when you want to be overly lenient with theist flamers. I can't apply both extremes as a mod, Frodo. I certainly try very hard to remain in the middle.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Top Seven Ways Christianity is Debunked By the Sciences - by Shell B - September 30, 2011 at 4:55 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What does Sam Harris mean by saying that religions are failed sciences? FlatAssembler 21 1292 June 12, 2024 at 10:54 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Are god and religion ways of saying "screw you" to nature? ShinyCrystals 18 1095 January 8, 2024 at 12:27 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  [Serious] Over the top Belacqua 146 13982 August 28, 2019 at 10:35 pm
Last Post: Haipule
  Amending my Good and Kindly ways The Valkyrie 27 5220 September 12, 2017 at 7:49 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  I'm sick of hearing about the "Five Ways"! Asmodee 46 8116 January 19, 2017 at 3:27 pm
Last Post: robvalue
  Free Will -- the "materialist string" pulls both ways. Jehanne 28 6662 April 4, 2016 at 7:18 am
Last Post: Jehanne
  Top misconceptions of Theory of Evolution you had to deal with ErGingerbreadMandude 76 12975 March 7, 2016 at 6:08 pm
Last Post: Alex K
  Ways to introduce people to Atheism? Veritas 24 5154 December 24, 2015 at 1:20 am
Last Post: ErGingerbreadMandude
Information Two Years Later,Indian Skeptic Who Debunked a “Miracle” is Still in Exile in Finland MountainsWinAgain 2 1330 June 4, 2014 at 1:01 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  How many ways can I fuck up my life? Gambit 11 4482 August 2, 2012 at 11:50 pm
Last Post: Gambit