Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 2, 2024, 1:57 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Serious] The black man as a slave to the white man's god
RE: The black man as a slave to the white man's god
Christianity did not originate as the "white man's religion". It was/is an amalgamation of various beliefs and practices, including indigenous African spirituality. 
http://blackyouthproject.com/christianit...ra-africa/

The religious indoctrination of slaves largely hinged on the distribution of highly-edited Slave Bibles with most of the Old Testament removed or forbidding slaves being taught to read as standard practices, because slaveholders feared that reading the Bible in fuller context might cause slaves to identify with the Israelites and incite them to revolt. And that's exactly what happened often enough. 
What was used as a tool of oppression was also instrumental in spearheading slave rebellions, civil rights movements and demands for liberation and justice; a double-edged sword. 

Such are these things.
It's quite apparent to me that the majority Black American do not accept the white supremacist iteration of Christianity.

I struggle to see why any black Christian would entertain being lectured by some uninformed, hateful, not-so-covertly racist white atheist's on such matters. Even if OP could compel masses of black folks to abandon their religion beliefs, there's no reason assume that that most of them would be lining up to cape for his particular white, atheistic, garbage worldview.

I'm a non-believer myself, and I'd sooner align with thoughtful, moderate Christians (or believers of most any stripe, actually) than screeching, rabidly anti-theist white atheists. 
They're on some next-level bullshit--easily among my least favorite kind of white people--and I have no intention of my energy being used to assist whatever fuckery they're looking to advance. 

That shit's for the dumb birds at BLM....heh heh.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The black man as a slave to the white man's god - by Athene - August 5, 2020 at 7:43 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Belief in white Jesus linked to racism Foxaèr 91 6952 January 1, 2022 at 7:35 pm
Last Post: Ferrocyanide
  Black and white religions Roksie 21 3262 February 12, 2017 at 1:47 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Are You A Slave To Some Cult? sanebrain 147 11689 August 6, 2016 at 6:30 pm
Last Post: account_inactive
  God is love. God is just. God is merciful. Chad32 62 20301 October 21, 2014 at 9:55 am
Last Post: Cheerful Charlie
  Black Hole Properties mentioned in the Quran majmal 26 5796 December 12, 2013 at 4:31 pm
Last Post: Ksa
  How hard to beat my slave? WesOlsen 25 6480 December 1, 2013 at 11:57 am
Last Post: Marvin
  Atheist on the Black Church vs Gay Rights Cholley71 73 20619 June 8, 2013 at 3:39 pm
Last Post: Savannahw
  Pope candidate Cardinal Turkson: Pedophilia is a white thing Ziploc Surprise 28 10826 March 24, 2013 at 12:48 am
Last Post: Jackalope
  Lewis Black on creationism orogenicman 7 3847 April 14, 2012 at 9:04 am
Last Post: fuckass365
  Black Metal Church Burnings In Early 90s Norway Xavier 5 3832 March 27, 2012 at 9:27 am
Last Post: KichigaiNeko