Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 5:46 am

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Pope candidate Cardinal Turkson: Pedophilia is a white thing
Pope candidate Cardinal Turkson: Pedophilia is a white thing
I am horrified that this monster is a serious candidate for pope. Medieval asshole.

Cardinal Turkson’s bizarre comments boil down to this. First, Africans aren’t into raping children like westerners are (meaning, white people). And second, the church’s child-rape scandal is actually a “gay” thing.

Cardinal Turkson also defended Uganda’s “kill the gays” bill, which would make homosexuality a crime worthy of the death penalty. According to Cardinal Turkson,

http://americablog.com/2013/02/cardinal-...l-gay.html
I have studied the Bible and the theology behind Christianity for many years. I have been to many churches. I have walked the depth and the breadth of the religion and, as a result of this, I have a lot of bullshit to scrape off the bottom of my shoes. ~Ziploc Surprise

RE: Pope candidate Cardinal Turkson: Pedophilia is a white thing
So it's basically out with one thoughtless, bigoted, dogmatic ass, and in with another? What am I supposed to be surprised about, in that?

Honestly, I'd be more surprised if there was a candidate for the position that isn't at least a little like these jackasses.
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!
(March 4, 2013 at 12:09 pm)Esquilax Wrote: So it's basically out with one thoughtless, bigoted, dogmatic ass, and in with another? What am I supposed to be surprised about, in that?

Honestly, I'd be more surprised if there was a candidate for the position that isn't at least a little like these jackasses.

I'd be less suprised if 99% of the pope candidates are sexually frustrated arseholes and attention-whores
xXUKAFTTXx
I'm sure they have either all passed around an altar boy or protected some other scum-sucking pig who did....or both.
(March 4, 2013 at 12:09 pm)Esquilax Wrote: So it's basically out with one thoughtless, bigoted, dogmatic ass, and in with another? What am I supposed to be surprised about, in that?

It's out with one asshole and in with one even worse. I see genocide in the future. As for child-rape. I see everyone burying their heads in the sand.
I have studied the Bible and the theology behind Christianity for many years. I have been to many churches. I have walked the depth and the breadth of the religion and, as a result of this, I have a lot of bullshit to scrape off the bottom of my shoes. ~Ziploc Surprise

(March 4, 2013 at 4:11 pm)xXUKAtheistForTheTruthXx Wrote:

I'd be less suprised if 99% of the pope candidates are sexually frustrated arseholes and attention-whores

(March 4, 2013 at 4:13 pm)Minimalist Wrote: I'm sure they have either all passed around an altar boy or protected some other scum-sucking pig who did....or both.

(March 4, 2013 at 4:20 pm)Ziploc Surprise Wrote:

It's out with one asshole and in with one even worse. I see genocide in the future. As for child-rape. I see everyone burying their heads in the sand.

I see atheism rising atleast up 9000% for justice and freedom, peace and massive tech jumps so Turkeysandwich ends enventually due to a massive crusade bigger then any if genocide happens
xXUKAFTTXx
I am not racist but.....
With respect, your source is piss poor!

Quote: http://americablog.com/2013/02/cardinal-...l-gay.html

Is an LGBT opinion site, not a news source, nor a primary source for the claims made.

The first of its references link - not to a primary source - but to:

Quote: http://www.bilerico.com/about/

Which is another (2nd) LGBT opinion site (whose own "evidence" links just take you to different pages on their own site, or back to the site you came from)

The article from the first LGBT opinion site quotes two other main references in the article:

1) Itself (different articles posted on the same LGBT opinion site)

2) A CNN blog, to provide a quote, from a video of Turkson, in which he says:

Cardinal Turkson Wrote:“African traditional systems kind of protect or have protected its population against this tendency,” he said. “Because in several communities, in several cultures in Africa homosexuality or for that matter any affair between two sexes of the same kind are not countenanced in our society.”

What he says is true. It is not his opinion, it is a fact. It is true that African cultures (of any type) are not sympathetic to, or positive about, homosexuality in the same way the governments and media in western countries are. Some of them are openly hostile to it. Whether you think this is right or wrong, it is not offensive or controversial for him to state a simple fact regarding human society. (and note only about 15% of Africa is Catholic, so these widespread attitudes cannot be blamed on the Catholic Church).

The rambling article then - bizarrely - goes on to discuss what various Anglican Ugandan politicians have said about homosexuality, providing news-links. Remember, the article is supposed to be about Cardinal Peter Turkson, who is a Ghanian Catholic prelate. WTF?

Fresh from its erroneous Ugandan adventures, the article degenerates into a general, aimless rant about the Catholic Church in general and its teachings in particular. Such rants are very typical of gay journalists and commentators. During this rant, it manages to drag in - in an article supposedly about Ghanian man Peter Turkson - some unrelated scandals from different continents , such as the case of American churchman Mahoney (shown to have failed to protect children), and makes various false charges against the former Benedict XVI (saying he "blames the victims" of abuse scandals, which is not true).

Summary:

- the article is not news or fact, it is partisan LGBT opinion, designed to misinform and anger (possibly even frighten) LGBT readers

- the article claims to be about the supposedly controversial opinions of Peter Turkson. It provides no primary sources to support its allegations, only what the site itself(and similar sites) has said before. The one piece of information it does give from Turkson himself relates to a simple statement about African attitudes to homosexuality.

- the article attempts to associate controversial non-Ghanian, non-Catholic opinion with Ghanian Catholic Peter Turkson. These quotes are the only substance among the article, and - somewhat remarkably - they don't concern Peter Turkson, who is supposed to be the subject of the article.

- the article then attacks the Catholic Church in general, using the non-article - which is not really about Peter Turkson - as a vehicle to regurgitate old information about various unfortunate scandals, as well as a sprinkling of lies

Conclusion:

- LGBT opinion sites propagate malicious lies and anti-Catholic propaganda, using distortions, erroneous information or simple lies to misrepresent Catholic opinion. Such sites quote one another (and themselves) as credible references, but we are too smart to see though recycled lies (right?). They do not provide primary sources or other evidence to support their claims.

But if you look past their claims, you see they are talking rubbish. Turkson did not defend the Ugandan "kill the gays" bill. Of homosexuality, he said:

Peter Turkson Wrote:Just as there's a sense of a call for rights, there's also a call to respect culture, of all kinds of people. So, if it's being stigmatized, in fairness, it's probably right to find out why it is being stigmatized.

He advocates understanding of why gay people are stigmatised in African cultures. Where exactly is the 'defending the "kill the gays"' bit?
Catholicism is against the death penalty in every and all cases. This article is total bullshit, anyone who knew what they were talking about would see that immediately.

I mean, think about it FFS - would Turkson really be a Cardinal, seen as a contender for Pope, if he openly disagreed with the Catholic Church on such a basic, fundamental point such as the value of human life? Of course not.

- The benefit of these tactics to LGBT activists and organisations, is that their misinformation keeps gay people angry. Angry people are useful political pawns. Personally I think LGBT people (like anyone) deserve better than to be angry all the time - angry people tend not to enjoy life as much as they otherwise could.

- Seemingly LGBT people must ether be pretty stupid (to fall for this bullshit) or must love playing the victim using the any pretence (because it isn't hard to see through this).

- Accepting this such an article demonstrates the reader allowing an article to instruct them, not think for themselves. The article leads readers on, making suggestions and providing answers, ("and why does he do this? Because....") instead of allowing the reader to analysis info for themselves.

Tut tut chaps! Must do better!

It doesn't matter who is elected Pope in the forthcoming Papal conclave, I can tell you exactly what opinion he will promote about homosexuality. It will be this:

(the 4 digit numbers are paragraph numbers, 3 digits references).

Catechism of the Catholic Church Wrote:2357 Homosexuality refers to relations between men or between women who experience an exclusive or predominant sexual attraction toward persons of the same sex. It has taken a great variety of forms through the centuries and in different cultures. Its psychological genesis remains largely unexplained. Basing itself on Sacred Scripture, which presents homosexual acts as acts of grave depravity,141 tradition has always declared that "homosexual acts are intrinsically disordered."142 They are contrary to the natural law. They close the sexual act to the gift of life. They do not proceed from a genuine affective and sexual complementarity. Under no circumstances can they be approved.

2358 The number of men and women who have deep-seated homosexual tendencies is not negligible. This inclination, which is objectively disordered, constitutes for most of them a trial. They must be accepted with respect, compassion, and sensitivity. Every sign of unjust discrimination in their regard should be avoided. These persons are called to fulfill God's will in their lives and, if they are Christians, to unite to the sacrifice of the Lord's Cross the difficulties they may encounter from their condition.

2359 Homosexual persons are called to chastity. By the virtues of self-mastery that teach them inner freedom, at times by the support of disinterested friendship, by prayer and sacramental grace, they can and should gradually and resolutely approach Christian perfection.

http://www.vatican.va/archive/ccc_css/ar...s2c2a6.htm

The Catholic Church's opinion about homosexuality is chiefly based on understanding the human body and its functions via biological science*. Thus, Catholic opinion could only ever change, if human biology somehow changed.

*It is true that some parts of the Bible condemn homosexuality, but it doesn't explain why and it tends to use barbaric language (a product of its time). However, biological science allows us to understand "why" and in more respectful and detailed terms.

Those 3 small paragraphs are literally all the Catholic Church has to say on homosexuality. Note how it says gay people should be treated with respect and compassion, and the general absence of any anti-gay blood lust.

Gay people who are not Catholics are, of course, perfectly entitled to ignore what these 3 benign paragraphs say and get on with their lives.

I can assure all LGBT readers that the Catholic Church does not hate you, nor seeks to harm a hair on your head. On the contrary it respects you and wishes no harm befall you at all.

If anyone ever tells you that the Catholic Church is promoting the death penalty (or other inhumane atrocity) for being gay, then they are a liar, plain and simple. You see should see people who lie to you as people who try to manipulate you, not as friends.

Cheers
GS
Quote:The Catholic Church's opinion about homosexuality is chiefly based on understanding the human body and its functions via biological science*

Horseshit. Your fucking church's position is based on ancient superstitious bullshit. Just like your god.

For a boy who allegedly trotted around Judaea with a bunch of other guys and judging by the way your priests are still drawn to little boys ( or each other, apparently!) you should go a little easier on the gay stuff.
(March 4, 2013 at 8:00 pm)Gabriel Syme Wrote: Shitty quote wall

(March 4, 2013 at 8:04 pm)Minimalist Wrote:
Quote:The Catholic Church's opinion about homosexuality is chiefly based on understanding the human body and its functions via biological science*

Horseshit. Your fucking church's position is based on ancient superstitious bullshit. Just like your god.

For a boy who allegedly trotted around Judaea with a bunch of other guys and judging by the way your priests are still drawn to little boys ( or each other, apparently!) you should go a little easier on the gay stuff.

Now now, dont rage the extremi..

Oh wait, he will auto rage

ROFLOL
xXUKAFTTXx

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A thing about religious (and other) people and the illusion of free will ShinyCrystals 265 11809 December 6, 2023 at 12:21 am
Last Post: Harry Haller
  Belief in white Jesus linked to racism Foxaèr 91 6240 January 1, 2022 at 7:35 pm
Last Post: Ferrocyanide
  Isn’t pantheism the same thing as atheism? Ferrocyanide 177 10556 January 1, 2022 at 2:36 am
Last Post: Ferrocyanide
  Straight from the Pope's mouth Foxaèr 27 1894 December 20, 2021 at 7:20 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  One cool thing about Christianity and Islam Edge92 55 3481 June 4, 2021 at 9:31 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  [Serious] The black man as a slave to the white man's god Foxaèr 51 2965 August 5, 2020 at 9:09 am
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Cardinal George Pell has conviction overturned Agnostico 70 4362 May 9, 2020 at 8:24 am
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Cardinal George Pell. fredd bear 37 3561 March 13, 2019 at 2:00 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Why does the Pope wear such funny clothing? GODZILLA 22 3294 June 27, 2018 at 2:24 am
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Being Catholic isn't an ethnic thing. Joods 0 791 March 12, 2018 at 8:36 am
Last Post: Joods