Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 15, 2024, 5:42 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A really hard question on Satan and deception.
RE: A really hard question on Satan and deception.
(November 1, 2011 at 6:16 pm)JollyForr Wrote:
(November 1, 2011 at 5:30 pm)Godschild Wrote:
(November 1, 2011 at 4:03 pm)Faith No More Wrote:
(November 1, 2011 at 2:36 pm)Godschild Wrote: I do absolutely know, I have a real relationship with God and have seen His works.

Arrogance and delusion. You know nothing of the sort, but proclaim your beliefs to be truth. I'm tired of the Chrisitian inability to recognize their ideology as beliefs, and their propensity to peddle their interpretation as the only correct one.

A little humility would do you people a lot of good.

I'm not trying to be arrogant, telling what I know to be the truth. Sorry that you do not see it as I do, this does not mean what I know is not the truth.
Well can't you persuade everyone on here why what you believe is true? I desperately want to know. Tell me what huge distinction lies between your faith and someone else's faith. If you wish to convert me, then please, produce some evidence, because I won't listen to your claims otherwise as being true. I could assert many things, and tell you the same things without producing evidence, and I would be in the exact same position as you are in now.

I'm in the situation of knowing the truth by God's revelation, if you want to know what I do you will need to go to God, if you are sincere He will reveal truth of His existence. I'm not sure what you mean by distinction between faiths. It's not I that will make you a believer, that lies in the hand of God.
(November 1, 2011 at 6:56 pm)Stimbo Wrote:
(November 1, 2011 at 3:30 pm)Godschild Wrote:
(November 1, 2011 at 12:20 am)Stimbo Wrote: I wouldn't call him stupid - just differently-intelligent. Special, even.

I understand what you mean, you are correct I'm not special, I'm sighted by the grace of God.

Excuse me? How can you possibly say that my statement is correct and then go on to give them the exact opposite meaning to what I intended? In fact, the two statemenets couldn't be further apart in meaning. Misrepresenting what I said in a pathetic attempt to make it appear that I support your delusions may be a common weapon in the godsquad arsenal but I don't appreciate having my words twisted in this manner; please do not do this again.

First of all as long as I do not break the rules I can write what I want, second of all it's not my fault you do not understand, I did not twist your words, that's the way you wanted to see things.
Let me put this in simple terms that you might understand. Your intention was to say I was not special and I agree, being sighted by God means that I listen to what He shows me and then tell others, in other words I have no spiritual knowledge other than what God gives me.
(November 1, 2011 at 11:09 pm)chatpilot Wrote: Christianity is true because the bible says so! No matter what form of Christianity you choose there is nothing more fundamentalist than that statement. At heart in my opinion because of this all Christians regardless of sect or affiliation are fundamentalists. You have to start your beliefs without evidence and accept whatever holy book of your choice says as absolute truth regardless of evidence to the contrary. When evidence to the contrary is presented it is ignored or reinterpreted to try and make it fall in line with their beliefs, when this can't be done then it is rejected and discarded as a Satanic deception or the arrogance of man.

You could not be any more wrong, now I understand why you deceived yourself into not believing, a person comes to a knowledge of God through scripture and the Holy Spirit then reveals the truth of God and the salvation that comes through Christ, then it is up to the individual to accept this revelation. I've never seen any evidence against God, care to show me some.
(November 2, 2011 at 8:12 am)Greatest I am Wrote:
(November 1, 2011 at 3:26 pm)Godschild Wrote: Adam and Eve sinned and then God killed the animals, shedding their blood to cover Adam and Eve's sin and use the skins to cloth them. This covering of Adam and Eve has this symbolic yet realistic meaning. See, no you'll continue to deceive yourself, the entire Bible is relevant. You need to either quit showing your ignorance of scripture or start studying it and see it's truth. Again I see the truth in the scriptures while you continue to deceive yourself.

Again. Why should I read something that you will just add to going against what the bible itself says not to.
If that is how you follow it then I will not prostitute myself to follow you. You lie.

I will wait for that chapter and verse that you did not give and lied about but your credibility is gone as you are making up stuff.

Regards
DL

I gave you the chapters to read, you think that one verse is all you need to find truths in scripture and you are wrong as usual, do not be so lazy and read the chapters. If I were to take a science book and pluck out one sentence and say see this proves that (being whatever) can't be true and if I had taken the time to read further and study what I read I would have seen it to be true. So why do you refuse to do the same. Tell me how is it that an atheist who does not believe what scriptures teach thinks he is an expert on them, now that's what I consider a person deceived.
God loves those who believe and those who do not and the same goes for me, you have no choice in this matter. That puts the matter of total free will to rest.

Messages In This Thread
RE: A really hard question on Satan and deception. - by IATIA - October 19, 2011 at 11:31 pm
RE: A really hard question on Satan and deception. - by IATIA - October 20, 2011 at 12:13 am
RE: A really hard question on Satan and deception. - by IATIA - November 13, 2011 at 12:38 pm
RE: A really hard question on Satan and deception. - by IATIA - November 13, 2011 at 2:55 pm
RE: A really hard question on Satan and deception. - by Godschild - November 2, 2011 at 2:03 pm
RE: A really hard question on Satan and deception. - by IATIA - November 2, 2011 at 11:20 pm
RE: A really hard question on Satan and deception. - by IATIA - November 5, 2011 at 10:29 pm
RE: A really hard question on Satan and deception. - by IATIA - November 10, 2011 at 10:06 pm
RE: A really hard question on Satan and deception. - by IATIA - November 12, 2011 at 11:32 am
RE: A really hard question on Satan and deception. - by Erinome - November 11, 2011 at 11:01 am
RE: A really hard question on Satan and deception. - by IATIA - November 13, 2011 at 12:50 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Helping Satan LinuxGal 10 1661 April 1, 2023 at 5:51 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Jesus Christ is the Beast 666 Satan Emerald_Eyes_Esoteric 36 8192 December 18, 2022 at 10:33 am
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Satan's Spy System = SSS Ferrocyanide 5 897 January 13, 2022 at 5:04 pm
Last Post: Ferrocyanide
  Christian author has recording of satan's voice Foxaèr 16 1521 August 2, 2020 at 1:03 am
Last Post: Paleophyte
  Christians worship Satan and don't even know it rado84 18 1950 April 15, 2019 at 8:29 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Satan, anti-christ, false prophet vorlon13 43 8359 November 14, 2017 at 12:06 pm
Last Post: Harry Nevis
  Why would this be so hard to have done? Astonished 25 8613 July 1, 2017 at 4:20 pm
Last Post: Astonished
  Dear Satan dyresand 9 2594 April 30, 2016 at 7:33 pm
Last Post: dyresand
  Satan and errors in the Bible Nihilist Virus 41 8614 March 7, 2016 at 2:15 pm
Last Post: Nihilist Virus
  What's the future of Catholic Church and Satan? satan_buttercup 179 30073 August 27, 2015 at 8:25 pm
Last Post: Whateverist