Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 15, 2024, 5:44 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A really hard question on Satan and deception.
RE: A really hard question on Satan and deception.
(November 2, 2011 at 3:08 pm)Godschild Wrote: I do not whine
The lady protests too much me thinks.....
(November 2, 2011 at 3:08 pm)Godschild Wrote: and as I said the evidence that I could give you would not be the proof you would accept, so what's up with you CS.
You have NO evidence worthy of the name just your own subjective experience and a lot of assertions.
(November 2, 2011 at 3:08 pm)Godschild Wrote: I did not come on this forum to prove God exist to you or anyone else, that is what God does.
You did not come on an atheist forum (the main purpose of which is to debate the existence or not of a god or gods) to debate the existence of god or gods. And as a theist, who I gladly welcome as it would be a terminally boring place if we couldn't debate each other, you do not wish to bat for god? God doesn't prove his existence sir, that's why there are atheists in the first place and theists who want to believe but secretly don't. In response to this your only recourse is to say if we 'did it right we would believe' ie either you are right or we are wrong, not much of a point or an argument is it?
(November 2, 2011 at 3:08 pm)Godschild Wrote: I will defend what I know to be the truth whether you like it or not,
I like it just fine. But you do not defend truth you assert it, based on no evidence nor reasoning, then refuse to admit that there is room for error in your worldview. Then proudly announce you don't come on here to defend it just espouse what you 'know'. For the upteenth time you do not 'know', you cannot possibly know that god exists, what god wants, what god is. You may believe, but you cannot know. Even your own theology states ultimately it's a matter of faith. Sophisticated theologians who can make cases for god/s happily admit they do not and cannot know. So drop the arrogance.
(November 2, 2011 at 3:08 pm)Godschild Wrote: just because you do not want to believe
So wvery wrong...I have reasoned my way to atheism. You evidently appear not to have reasoned your way to theism, but accept it blindly. You should know what it is like to disbelieve religions as you reject all but one. Why is it so hard to imagine that I reject all of them as they all lack rational arguments for their truth claims and hard evidence. Whereas for me atheism has both, it cannot currently land a knockout blow given the modernist definitions of gods because they've almost been painted out of existence. First god was a mountain, tehn in the clouds, then in heaven, then in a supernatural realm, then that realm is outside of spacetime (where guess what we can never prove he doesn't exist), no a serious theologian has even stated that the final 'proof' of gods greatness, is that he doesn't need to exist. Yep only reality can get in the way of such arguments.
(November 2, 2011 at 3:08 pm)Godschild Wrote: does not invalidate what I know.
You do not and cannot possibly know what you claim. It is the height of arrogance to claim you can know these things. You believe only, and my claim is that your beliefs are not justified.
(November 2, 2011 at 3:08 pm)Godschild Wrote: Hear this clearly I know without a doubt that the Father, Christ and the Holy Spirit do exist and are who they say they are, one God in three Persons.
I'm all ears preacher! No you do not know that. You have offered no reason nor evidence why we should believe that you know that. Your claims can therefore be summarily dismissed.
(November 2, 2011 at 3:08 pm)Godschild Wrote: So I do not boohoo because atheist do not believe,
Yet you bemoan that atheists wouldn't listen to you anyway, and that even though you have tried you know where we are going and you feel sorry for us. You whine, moan and play the victim. Yet you never argue for your god.
(November 2, 2011 at 3:08 pm)Godschild Wrote: I do however feel bad that you do not because I know positively what your eternal destination will be and it makes me sad.
No you don't. If I am right then there is no eternal destination and I feel sorry for you that you have so wasted the one life you do have in the only reality that exists, and that you delude yourself and donate your time, energy and probably money (cash is always involved in any con). If I'm wrong then at least I would have been honest and shown integrity, given that I genuinely DO NOT believe in a god. Maybe that will allow me to rest a little more comfortably than the fawning sycophants and religious demagogues that infect your faith.
(November 2, 2011 at 3:08 pm)Godschild Wrote: I have presented a loving savior as many others have
You have presented nothing, absolutely nothing. You have not argued for your beliefs. You have merely asserted things you cannot know or believe you know based on your own subjectivity.
(November 2, 2011 at 3:08 pm)Godschild Wrote: and if you refuse to believe then you have made a decision for yourself and the consequences fall on you.
Well at least that is true.

"I still say a church steeple with a lightning rod on top shows a lack of confidence"...Doug McLeod.

Messages In This Thread
RE: A really hard question on Satan and deception. - by IATIA - October 19, 2011 at 11:31 pm
RE: A really hard question on Satan and deception. - by IATIA - October 20, 2011 at 12:13 am
RE: A really hard question on Satan and deception. - by IATIA - November 13, 2011 at 12:38 pm
RE: A really hard question on Satan and deception. - by IATIA - November 13, 2011 at 2:55 pm
RE: A really hard question on Satan and deception. - by Captain Scarlet - November 2, 2011 at 10:49 pm
RE: A really hard question on Satan and deception. - by IATIA - November 2, 2011 at 11:20 pm
RE: A really hard question on Satan and deception. - by IATIA - November 5, 2011 at 10:29 pm
RE: A really hard question on Satan and deception. - by IATIA - November 10, 2011 at 10:06 pm
RE: A really hard question on Satan and deception. - by IATIA - November 12, 2011 at 11:32 am
RE: A really hard question on Satan and deception. - by Erinome - November 11, 2011 at 11:01 am
RE: A really hard question on Satan and deception. - by IATIA - November 13, 2011 at 12:50 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Helping Satan LinuxGal 10 1661 April 1, 2023 at 5:51 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Jesus Christ is the Beast 666 Satan Emerald_Eyes_Esoteric 36 8192 December 18, 2022 at 10:33 am
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Satan's Spy System = SSS Ferrocyanide 5 897 January 13, 2022 at 5:04 pm
Last Post: Ferrocyanide
  Christian author has recording of satan's voice Foxaèr 16 1521 August 2, 2020 at 1:03 am
Last Post: Paleophyte
  Christians worship Satan and don't even know it rado84 18 1950 April 15, 2019 at 8:29 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Satan, anti-christ, false prophet vorlon13 43 8359 November 14, 2017 at 12:06 pm
Last Post: Harry Nevis
  Why would this be so hard to have done? Astonished 25 8613 July 1, 2017 at 4:20 pm
Last Post: Astonished
  Dear Satan dyresand 9 2594 April 30, 2016 at 7:33 pm
Last Post: dyresand
  Satan and errors in the Bible Nihilist Virus 41 8614 March 7, 2016 at 2:15 pm
Last Post: Nihilist Virus
  What's the future of Catholic Church and Satan? satan_buttercup 179 30073 August 27, 2015 at 8:25 pm
Last Post: Whateverist