Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 24, 2024, 7:25 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The army is one of the best examples of gender inequality towards MEN
RE: The army is one of the best examples of gender inequality towards MEN
(February 15, 2021 at 7:45 pm)Macoleco Wrote: The point that I wanted to express is that there is no efforts in changing it.
Well...that's not true.  Even as men and women aren't held to the same standards, women are now officially capable of being infantry, and not just infantry - Rangers.  A small number of women have expressed interest, and an even smaller number have qualified.  That par for the course no matter what you dangle.

Quote:What would society think if I say women have to give birth to children and stay at home because that’s their nature? Well, that efforts to change that.
They'd think..."duh".

Quote:But where are the efforts to change this view of men being expendable? Of opposing this idea of men going to war?
You wont get the latter from the military, and you'll only get more ideas of more expendable people, from the same.  

Quote:Of course the causes of war go beyond a gender issue, but someone has to fight wars. Who? Men.

And yes, women are also affected in the battlefield. When the men get there, at some point in the war.
Everyone fights wars, whether they're officially allowed to serve as combat arms or not.

Honestly, warfighting is the absolute worst example of a structural inequality based on the ambiguity of gender to the detriment of men. It's a thing, sure...but among like things, the smallest thing. Ever shot a man in anger? The number of men that it even conceptually effects, in the west, miniscule...and all of those men are volunteers.

Can you imagine how huge my vagina would have to be to show up here on the boards and complain that the service I signed up for on a whim was rough? Big...giant..pussy.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!

Messages In This Thread
RE: The army is one of the best examples of gender inequality towards MEN - by The Grand Nudger - February 15, 2021 at 8:27 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Gender Lek 139 10823 August 11, 2023 at 6:54 pm
Last Post: Bucky Ball
  The prevalence of HIV among gay men darnwelling 30 2529 January 11, 2023 at 3:45 pm
Last Post: darnwelling
  A question for the straight men Catholic_Lady 87 14224 January 11, 2023 at 3:44 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Little green men just got real. ignoramus 87 8833 July 7, 2021 at 4:28 pm
Last Post: vulcanlogician
  Real Men onlinebiker 111 6998 January 28, 2020 at 5:28 pm
Last Post: tackattack
  Of gender/breadwinners/ and politics. Brian37 0 448 January 21, 2020 at 12:03 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Should we be more humanitarian towards the fish we eat? Angrboda 14 1593 October 29, 2018 at 8:36 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Men who don't flush public toilets Alexmahone 32 3756 April 25, 2018 at 10:14 pm
Last Post: Neo-Scholastic
  men and women with tattoos, hot or not? orthodox-man 110 22977 April 24, 2018 at 8:12 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Question for the heterosexual men of AF Catholic_Lady 242 32002 April 18, 2018 at 11:40 am
Last Post: Catholic_Lady