Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 31, 2024, 4:35 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dinosaurs Weren't in the Bible...They Never Even Existed.
RE: Dinosaurs Weren't in the Bible...They Never Even Existed.
Statler Wrote:Well many things can be observed to happen in the laboratory that do not actually happen naturally so that won’t count; so when and where was it observed to happen in the wild?

First of all, you asked how it FOSSILIZATION HAPPENS NATURALLY, not spexcifically how dinosaurs fossilize (which, by the way, occurs by the same process). Secondly, fossilization has been studied for at least 100 years in the wild (particularly in caves), AND in the laboratory. Do we know everything there is to know about the process? No. But so what? We also don't know everything there is to know about the human heart, but that hasn't stopped us from conducting heart transplants.

The Processes of fossilization By S. K. Donovan is an authoritative book on the fossilization process. If you are truly interested in understanding the process, I suggest you buy the book.

Finally, just as we can dewtermine how cells work by studying the processes by which they work, we can study fossilization by studying the processes that fossilize an organism. Direct observation is NOT required, though it has been observed and measured many times in caves. Are you suggesting that fossils don't exist? What exactly, is your objection to the existence of fossils?

Statler Wrote:On what?

Well, dude. You can start by taking a class in rocks for jocks (geology 101). I recommend this one first because it qppears to be all you can handle at the moment. Then, before you advance to other, more advanced classes, I highly recommend that you take classes in physics, inorganic and organic chemistry, and most importantly, take a class in biology. There too,m you should probably start out with a biology for idjuts class, because, well, anything above that level will just confuse you.

Statler Wrote:Why would I want to participate in a field trip led by someone who does not even work as a geologist? We have geologists here that I could talk to if I wanted and save myself the plane ticket.

I worked for 22 years as a certified professional geologist conducting field work in 13 states. Just because I no longer work in the field doesn't mean that I don't know what I'm talking about. But hey, don't take my word for it. Go out in the field with me and I will show you what I know. It really is that simple. Come on, Grasshopper. What have you got to lose, but your delusions?

Statler Wrote:Nope, you need to define the goalposts before I am going to bother kicking.

You are the one who defined a goalpost and I challenged you to provide the evidence. And now you are claiing it to be my goalpost? Priceless. Perhaps you should review your posts.

Statler Wrote:I get paid way too much to sweep floors.

That that is true there can be no doubt.

Statler Wrote:You mean the scientific process that is built upon direct observation and repeatability that you seem to ignore? You’re no scientist, you don’t work as one, and you have no regard for the very things that make science so powerful and important.

Science doesn't require direct observation, though it is important to provide it when it is discovered. You cannot directly see infrared light but do you doubt that it exists? If you do then you are a fool. You say I am not a scientist, and that is your right to believe. But I have offered a simple way for you to test that claim. Let's go on a geology field trip any place of your choice, of you like (but to be fair, I am most expert on midwest geology, and am poor because I am disabled, so I prefer to stay close to home).

So come on grasshopper. Put your money where your mouth is. What are you afraid of?

Statler Wrote:How do you perform a test in the laboratory without observation?

You said direct observation must occur for science to happen. But we have never made direct observations of ANY planet other than Earth and the Moon. Observations of the other planets have all been made with indirect observations. Do you doubt any of those observations (such as the fact that Venus is hot and dry as a bone)?

Similarly, indirect observations are made in the laboratory all the time. They are vital to all research endeavors.

Again, direct observation is not, and never has been a requirement for conducting any scientific research.

Statler Wrote:observable evidence we have indeed does support the fact that Dinosaurs lived at the same time period as humans.

You are a liar, Statler. I cannot and will not be kind about this.
'The difference between a Miracle and a Fact is exactly the difference between a mermaid and seal. It could not be expressed better.'
-- Samuel "Mark Twain" Clemens

"I think that in the discussion of natural problems we ought to begin not with the scriptures, but with experiments, demonstrations, and observations".

- Galileo Galilei (1564-1642)

"In short, Meyer has shown that his first disastrous book was not a fluke: he is capable of going into any field in which he has no training or research experience and botching it just as badly as he did molecular biology. As I've written before, if you are a complete amateur and don't understand a subject, don't demonstrate the Dunning-Kruger effect by writing a book about it and proving your ignorance to everyone else! "

- Dr. Donald Prothero

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dinosaurs Weren't in the Bible...They Never Even Existed. - by orogenicman - December 9, 2011 at 1:11 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Thumbs Down Even if we don't kill ourselves off as a species. Brian37 33 2303 October 12, 2021 at 2:02 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  130,000 years ago? Even Neandertal Fucks the Creatards Minimalist 23 6986 April 13, 2015 at 11:40 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Whoops....Never Mind. Minimalist 1 995 October 17, 2013 at 3:36 pm
Last Post: Doubting Thomas
  If an Asteroid wiped out the Dinosaurs how did Evolution continue? Oliver1990 30 11142 July 10, 2013 at 5:08 pm
  Asteroid killed off the Dinosaurs, confirmed. Napoléon 43 16562 March 16, 2013 at 11:15 am
Last Post: thesummerqueen
  What if religion never had a "breakthrough"? Dax 14 4504 December 22, 2012 at 12:18 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Dinosaurs and Man ScienceLovesGod 182 105114 June 13, 2012 at 1:44 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  Dinosaurs' Super-Sized Fleas..... Minimalist 7 3772 March 1, 2012 at 2:45 pm
  Even more carbon from permafrost popeyespappy 2 1069 December 2, 2011 at 5:03 pm
Last Post: paintpooper