Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 23, 2024, 8:24 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is this a contradiction or am I reading it wrong? Genesis 5:28
RE: Is this a contradiction or am I reading it wrong? Genesis 5:28
(March 19, 2023 at 2:09 am)Belacqua Wrote:
(March 18, 2023 at 9:52 pm)arewethereyet Wrote: Neo is trying very hard to convince himself through trying to convince us that his Holy Bibbly is truth.

No, he has made no argument to that effect. He has shown, however, that "Fake Messiah" makes arguments that are dumb.

Fake believes that all Christians believe that every word in the Bible is literally true. And since there are a lot of sentences in the Bible that are not literally true, Fake uses this as an argument to show that Christians are stupid. He believes that in the Song of Songs where it says "Your eyes are doves," Christians believe the woman in question literally has birds in her eye sockets. 

Some Christians believe a lot of the Bible is literally true. But not as many as Fake believes. In fact Fake has argued that until the 19th century, all Christians believed there was no allegory or metaphor or other non-literal expression in the Bible at all. This is obviously wrong, as any history of Christianity will show, but Fake clings to his preferred myth. 

So when Fake used an expression that isn't literally true, Neo pointed that out. If the use of expressions that aren't literally true is a sign of stupidity, then Fake did something stupid. He said "fairy tales," though there are no fairies in the Bible. To be charitable, we would assume that Fake knows this, and that he used the expression to refer to all kinds of folk tales and other myths. But being charitable is not something that one associates with Fake. If he gets to call other people stupid for doing something, then Neo gets to call him out for doing the same thing.

Don't use a response to something I said as a way to go off on a tirade about someone else.

If you have an issue with FM or anyone else don't include me in your fights.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is this a contradiction or am I reading it wrong? Genesis 5:28 - by arewethereyet - March 19, 2023 at 7:27 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  There are no answers in Genesis LinuxGal 248 21182 March 24, 2023 at 7:34 pm
Last Post: Ferrocyanide
  Contradiction or Forgetfulness Ferrocyanide 11 1461 February 16, 2022 at 8:54 pm
Last Post: Ferrocyanide
  They're going to be chanting to the wrong God. brewer 32 2864 March 17, 2021 at 2:39 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Atheist Bible Study 1: Genesis GrandizerII 614 71128 March 9, 2019 at 8:38 pm
Last Post: Bucky Ball
  Genesis interpretations - how many are there? Fake Messiah 129 17778 January 22, 2019 at 7:33 pm
Last Post: donlor
  Just looking for some fun reactions to today's Bible reading drfuzzy 13 2322 January 29, 2018 at 12:42 am
Last Post: Cyberman
  Dr. Craig contradiction. Jehanne 121 26118 November 13, 2017 at 3:24 pm
Last Post: Harry Nevis
  Bible reading Foxaèr 63 8011 October 19, 2017 at 7:55 am
Last Post: John V
  Free interpretation of the Genesis 3:5 KJV theBorg 19 3819 November 13, 2016 at 2:03 am
Last Post: RiddledWithFear
  Genesis - The Prequel! Time Traveler 12 3316 May 17, 2016 at 1:16 am
Last Post: Love333