Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 16, 2024, 4:12 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
There are no answers in Genesis
There are no answers in Genesis
The way Genesis has it: "God said, 'Let there be light': and there was light."

That doesn't explain light. It merely asserts that light appeared after the utterance of a magic spell.

To explain light we have our own magic spell:

∇ ⋅ D = ρᵥ

∇ ⋅ B = 0

∇ × E = - ∂B/∂t

∇ × H = ∂D/∂t + J
RE: There are no answers in Genesis
Guess what? Your magic spell (the complicated one) isn't any better than the Genesis spell.
"Imagination, life is your creation"
If religion seeks to explain rather than punt, it would extinguish itself and go do science instead.
Kinda depends on the question, doesn't it?

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

(November 20, 2022 at 12:59 pm)Ahriman Wrote: Guess what? Your magic spell (the complicated one) isn't any better than the Genesis spell.

She posted Maxwell's, which are the reason why we have radios, computers, TVs, smart phones, etc.

P.S. I suppose that every message board needs its own "court jester"? Normally, the expectation of such a job is to be able to fart in addition to acting stupid.
Lots of answers in Genesis. The questions, ‘Has God said you may not eat from every tree in the garden?’, ‘Where are you?’, ‘Who told you you were naked’, ‘’Where is your brother?’ (and plenty more) are all answered in Genesis. Answers galore.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(November 20, 2022 at 1:57 pm)Jehanne Wrote:
(November 20, 2022 at 12:59 pm)Ahriman Wrote: Guess what? Your magic spell (the complicated one) isn't any better than the Genesis spell.

She posted Maxwell's, which are the reason why we have radios, computers, TVs, smart phones, etc.

P.S.  I suppose that every message board needs its own "court jester"?  Normally, the expectation of such a job is to be able to fart in addition to acting stupid.

jester has to be funny to earn his keep.
Of course, it’s easy for us with our 21st Century, materialistic minds to dismiss the Bible as a load of rubbish. But in the actual analysis, that is exactly what the Bible turns out to be---a load of rubbish! It is a book of nonsensical, fantastic stories about talking animals, talking bushes, mythical creatures, people rising from the dead, magic and pseudo-history. It is the creation of ignorant, fallible men, reflecting the prejudices, superstitions, bad theology and fears of the times in which it was written. It promotes slavery, ethnic cleansing, race prejudice, wars of conquest, the subjugation of women, child abuse and genital mutilation. It promotes the worship and celebration of a god who is little more than an egotistical, homicidal, fear-mongering tyrant. It is a book which any reasonable, intellectually honest, and intelligent person should heartily dismiss as bad fiction.
Thinking
"The world is my country; all of humanity are my brethren; and to do good deeds is my religion." (Thomas Paine)
(November 21, 2022 at 8:46 am)Gwaithmir Wrote: Of course, it’s easy for us with our 21st Century, materialistic minds to dismiss the Bible as a load of rubbish. But in the actual analysis, that is exactly what the Bible turns out to be---a load of rubbish! It is a book of nonsensical, fantastic stories about talking animals, talking bushes, mythical creatures, people rising from the dead, magic and pseudo-history. It is the creation of ignorant, fallible men, reflecting the prejudices, superstitions, bad theology and fears of the times in which it was written. It promotes slavery, ethnic cleansing, race prejudice, wars of conquest, the subjugation of women, child abuse and genital mutilation. It promotes the worship and celebration of a god who is little more than an egotistical, homicidal, fear-mongering tyrant. It is a book which any reasonable, intellectually honest, and intelligent person should heartily dismiss as bad fiction.
Thinking

You are very much a product of a godless, vapid society. The Bible is fine for what it is, it just wasn't written for you.
"Imagination, life is your creation"
King Lear is bad because it doesn't contain the formula for DNA.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is this a contradiction or am I reading it wrong? Genesis 5:28 Ferrocyanide 110 9121 April 10, 2023 at 3:32 pm
Last Post: Ferrocyanide
  Atheist Bible Study 1: Genesis GrandizerII 614 68100 March 9, 2019 at 8:38 pm
Last Post: Bucky Ball
  Genesis interpretations - how many are there? Fake Messiah 129 16929 January 22, 2019 at 7:33 pm
Last Post: donlor
  Free interpretation of the Genesis 3:5 KJV theBorg 19 3701 November 13, 2016 at 2:03 am
Last Post: RiddledWithFear
  Genesis - The Prequel! Time Traveler 12 3239 May 17, 2016 at 1:16 am
Last Post: Love333
  Rewriting the bible part 1 - Genesis dyresand 4 1939 March 12, 2016 at 3:14 am
Last Post: robvalue
  god is a moron - genesis dyresand 70 18744 August 7, 2015 at 5:03 pm
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  The Real Bible: Genesis Chapter 1 Theoretical Skeptic 25 7013 May 6, 2015 at 7:01 am
Last Post: Hatshepsut
  Answers BrianSoddingBoru4 33 3820 March 27, 2015 at 5:08 am
Last Post: Lucanus
  Footnote to Genesis 3:7 daver49 35 6881 March 24, 2015 at 6:28 pm
Last Post: Huggy Bear