Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: October 1, 2026, 11:48 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Having Far More Respect For Beliefs Of Non Judeo Christian Theists
#17
RE: Having Far More Respect For Beliefs Of Non Judeo Christian Theists
Well, since the seat of Buddhism (as far as the west is concerned) was taken by China ending their hilariously backwards feudal policies and slave holdings; toppling their theocracy along with their god-king, and since the 13th Dalai Lama banned enforced penal mutilation and capital punishment for minor offenses before his death in 1933, and since Buddhism has long lost the sort of political power it once held (Buddhism and politics in Asia were tied at the hip for centuries)...then yeah....maybe they seem less crazy.

Long story short, buddhism was once a hugely fundy nutjob religion (and some would criticize that it's becoming more so now, not less), that portion has simply died off by force or by irrelevance. Bet we could find us some Waco style Buddhists if we wanted to. The Buddhism that we in the West are familiar with today is only the corpse of what Buddhism once was.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Reply



Messages In This Thread
RE: Having Far More Respect For Beliefs Of Non Judeo Christian Theists - by The Grand Nudger - February 25, 2012 at 2:23 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  God created life with the appearance of having evolved FreethinkingSceptic 8 2133 March 6, 2026 at 6:13 am
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  New Way of practicing Old Beliefs Leonardo17 38 14886 February 26, 2025 at 2:14 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Theists, provide your arguments for God. Disagreeable 41 11422 August 9, 2024 at 12:22 pm
Last Post: Ferrocyanide
  Serious question about thoughts on theists Kingpin 118 33107 May 18, 2023 at 2:44 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Can you be a "Non religious muslim"? Woah0 31 9670 August 22, 2022 at 8:22 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Theists: What is your stance on evolution? Agnostic1 118 32169 March 27, 2022 at 8:48 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  How often do your beliefs change? Ahriman 37 10361 January 23, 2022 at 10:03 pm
Last Post: paulpablo
  Persistent Non-Symbolic Experiences Ahriman 0 1048 August 18, 2021 at 4:05 pm
Last Post: Ahriman
  Theists, tell me, an atheist, why your God has neglected to show himself to me? ignoramus 75 41446 March 5, 2021 at 6:49 am
Last Post: awty
  If artificial super intelligence erases humans, will theists see this as God's plan? Face2face 24 10912 March 5, 2021 at 6:40 am
Last Post: awty



Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)