Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: July 2, 2024, 1:51 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[split] Discussion About Potential Rule Change and Staff Action
RE: Baby born with anencephaly to please jesus?
(May 30, 2012 at 4:40 pm)Shell B Wrote:
(May 30, 2012 at 4:12 pm)RaphielDrake Wrote: Didn't get the Mehmet thread reference I take it? No-one got that? No?

Oh, I'm sorry. You mean the thread that I was not involved in in an official capacity, but in which I presented my opinion about the schoolyard behavior you and others were engaging in? That thread?

Quote:Would you care to take me step by step through what aided your decision in ignoring the constant attempts of one person to force arguements on whos the better nation and/or race on as many threads as he could in a forum concerned with matters of theism and atheism?

In what world am I the only staff member here? Firstly, I ignore none of the issues that anyone presents to the staff. I engage in talks about them with the other staff and base my actions on their consensus, except in very specific situations. Even then, my actions will be discussed after they take place and changed, if I am in the wrong. Secondly, racism is not against the rules. Nationalism is not against the rules. Being a twat is not against the rules. Jumping on a bandwagon about the evil moderator who doesn't do her job and introduces her ego when you envision she is a an evil dictator pissing everyone off all by herself is not against the rules, either. If you don't like that we allow opinions that differ from yours, that is sand in your diaper. It's not my fucking problem.

Quote:Even if the thread creator was wrong did that give you licence to ignore an issue that was clearly present as well as any evidence in the form of posts pertaining to it?

A. I have absolutely every right to ignore anything that I want. I am not your employee. Furthermore, you assuming that I ignore things is rather rich, given a private move on my part that occurred not long before said thread was posted. B. That thread was not evidence. That thread was a bunch of people ganging up another for having an unpopular opinion.

Quote:Yet in this instance you were very quick to condemn. What made this guy so much worse?[/i]

Again, assumption. That thread was going for hours, as was a conversation about it between staff, before I said a goddamn thing about it, apart from a very brief interaction about the rules. My condemnation came later.

(May 26, 2012 at 12:14 pm)Tiberius Wrote: Ironic, you obviously have no idea what I'm referencing either. Maybe you should look into it.

Yes, then he can tell you that I didn't make the decision about your boyfriend's thread, either.

School yard behavior? We were trying to get him to spit out what he wanted to say once and for all so we never had to have it spewed out onto every thread again. The fact you posted on there means you saw every link to his posts presented but failed to read them then you proceeded to put up a post without checking if the thread had a point. You're right, you're not my employee. You're a moderator. Racism may not be against the rules, nationalism may not be against the rules but I'm fairly certain turning every topic you possibly can towards those subjects is. At the very least its spam, opinions are fine as long as you don't repeat one opinion again, and again, and again every chance you get like a pokemon saying its own name. I don't know if the other moderators witnessed it or not but I know you did and I know the only thing you did was insult people trying to resolve a situation which shouldn't have made it this far. The thread was not evidence, the posts presented were.
I never claimed you were evil, in many ways I respect some of your views and your decisions but in this case you were wrong. As was anyone else who had the status to resolve this but silently didn't.
Gay jokes, typical.
"That is not dead which can eternal lie and with strange aeons even death may die." 
- Abdul Alhazred.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Baby born with anencephaly to please jesus? - by Reforged - May 30, 2012 at 5:25 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  i keep getting contradictory messages from staff rocinantexyz 12 2719 November 29, 2022 at 4:37 pm
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  Peanut Gallery Commentary on the Staff Log of Bannings and such like. Whateverist 4493 712782 March 31, 2021 at 5:55 am
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Petition Poll for username change Foxaèr 17 2383 March 7, 2021 at 9:38 am
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Dear Staff Foxaèr 28 4577 February 5, 2019 at 8:12 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  What happened to the "Civil Discussion" thread? Angrboda 48 8135 November 19, 2018 at 9:13 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  Make the "civil" discussion part of the forum invisible to non members Pat Mustard 54 8762 November 18, 2018 at 10:59 pm
Last Post: Neo-Scholastic
Sad Me no like change. Me sad Pat Mustard 12 1465 September 21, 2018 at 6:47 pm
Last Post: Pat Mustard
  Eliminate Automatic Insertion of Horizontal Rule Neo-Scholastic 21 3258 November 29, 2017 at 11:10 pm
Last Post: Cyberman
  Question about latest forum rule Catholic_Lady 29 5108 November 14, 2017 at 4:27 pm
Last Post: Tiberius
  What Does This Mean, Oh Staff? Minimalist 24 5941 July 15, 2017 at 1:35 am
Last Post: c172