Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: October 2, 2026, 11:59 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Christians celebrate rape, torture, slavery and genocide.
RE: Christians celebrate rape, torture, slavery and genocide.
(November 5, 2012 at 4:22 pm)Drich Wrote:
(November 5, 2012 at 4:04 pm)Aroura Wrote: Well, this has got to be one of the most enlightening threads I've ever read. The problem of evil is boiled down to, nothing God can do is evil, because he's God. We puny humans with our puny morals cannot grasp the great goodness of Gods wrath.
I find it highly disturbing the excuses some xtians are willing to make for human suffering. Seriously. Disturbing.

Just be thankful that the Paradigm of Genocide, rape and slaughter ended at the Cross with Old Covenant, and Now Christians are call to forgiveness, and to turn the other cheek. For it is much easier to tap into righteous anger and indignation than it is to forgive. I feel it is twice the effort to turn the other cheek willingly than it takes to strike back. But, because the same God who commanded the Jews to righteously carry out genocide rape, and looting has also called All Christians to follow the example Christ lived.

If you are truly looking to learn then take in the whole picture and not just the bits that you can use to fuel a self righteous attitude.


I didn't feel self righteous at all in what I said. I said I feel disturbed, and I still do. Disturbed that people defend those actions. Disturbed that I used to buy into Christianity in my own youth, too. It seems to me that is is you who is acting self- righteous, but I accept that as normal for most people, religious or not.

Also, I follow a philosophy that does not require even forgiveness or turning the other cheek. I understand that humans are fallible, so I don't expect them to be perfect, so I don't ever feel the need to forgive people for simply being what they are.

I've already read the bible (repeatedly) and found it much wanting. There are kinder, better philosophies out there.

If you would truly like to learn, I can recommend some reading for you as well. Big Grin This is pretty short, but I think important if you are actually interested in what I believe, as opposed to what you assume I do.
Tao on forgiveness
“Eternity is a terrible thought. I mean, where's it going to end?” 
― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead
Reply



Messages In This Thread
RE: Christians celebrate rape, torture, slavery and genocide. - by Aroura - November 5, 2012 at 4:36 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sinning, as Jesus and the church say, is good. Turn or burn Christians. Greatest I am 71 21146 October 20, 2020 at 9:11 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Hitler was genocidal and evil. Yahweh’s genocides are good; say Christians, Muslims & Greatest I am 25 8368 September 14, 2020 at 3:50 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Christians worship Satan and don't even know it rado84 18 5914 April 15, 2019 at 8:29 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Christians vs Christians (yec) Fake Messiah 52 20962 January 31, 2019 at 2:08 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Two audio books for Christians (and, everyone else) Jehanne 3 1380 January 16, 2019 at 12:52 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  The Rape of Dinah. Ethics of priestly class. Collective guilt Graufreud 20 6035 July 25, 2018 at 12:38 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Christians: Does Your God Have Testicles and Ovaries? chimp3 97 37169 April 1, 2018 at 1:37 am
Last Post: GrandizerII
  What I see in the Bible is different then Jews and Christians. Mystic 8 4156 December 31, 2017 at 7:17 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Wanted: Christians who reject the supernatural and a literal afterlife. Whateverist 48 22006 October 20, 2017 at 10:54 am
Last Post: Neo-Scholastic
  Difference between the Bible and the Torah; or between Christians and Jews WinterHold 2 1525 September 29, 2017 at 5:41 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah



Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)